Author Topic: Too many horse archers`  (Read 7276 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Too many horse archers`
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2013, 07:47:58 pm »
+6
go 15/21 level 32 HA build with yumi and a heavy horse, spam arrows at enemy cav for the first 3 minutes of the round but stay away from enemy archers

when enemy archers are dead from allied melee and there's only 15 players alive, hunt melee who can't fight back for free kills. gg.

btw, i'm currently losing ~~ 80% hp to foot archers per shot, and ~~ 70% to horse archers, so the difference in damage is really negligible, especially considering a horse archers' ability to go behind a shielder and shoot him in the back whilst he's trying to face off an archer to the front.

IMO horse archery shouldn't be in the game at all, it's just a silly class which removes the user from the fight, until he's one of the last few alive.

Your immense knowledge of bows and HA builds shines in this post, gratz

bold: You use no armor, have no IF and 15str what do you expect O.o
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 07:51:08 pm by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2013, 08:01:12 pm »
bold: You use no armor, have no IF and 15str what do you expect O.o
Probably that horse archery would do noticably less damage to him than foot archery, given that the horse archer gets to ride a friggin horse while shooting, which is his point.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2013, 08:01:49 pm »
Probably that horse archery would do noticably less damage to him than foot archery, given that the horse archer gets to ride a friggin horse while shooting, which is his point.

this^
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2013, 08:02:07 pm »

Speed bonus?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2013, 08:05:07 pm »
+1
Even the ranged-centric Native community banned Khergits from IG_Battlegrounds and clan matches, on the grounds that HA's are mostly only fun for the HA's themselves. Certainly in numbers.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2013, 08:09:38 pm »
+5
You don't play a class so others can have fun. If that was the case why would corsair be able to have that high wpf and agi and attack as fast as even possible... how can xbows 1hit then, how could a large warhorse take 50% hp of a peasant with no armor... continue please. I get your point, but playing a class's first task is certainly not giving someone else fun.

On native Khergits were by far unfair for anyone else. They dealt the same or even more dmg than archers on foot. In crpg they don't deal. Of course there are some exceptions, but those exist in nearly every case. Imo horse xbows are still far stronger than HAs. Just because they appear in higher numbers now doesnt make them stronger.
Maybe here the auto balance should even start in the first round and not decide teams by banners for certain classes, ie. cav and ranged cav are balanced, not looking at the banners.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2013, 08:10:41 pm »
HA's hardly got a buff this patch, like i mentioned in other posts, 11 wpf is game breaking.  :rolleyes:

corsair i would say you were buffed miles more than HA's, you probably got a good 40-50 extra wpf
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2013, 08:29:58 pm »
+2
So basically our irresponsible cow here is crying about the only class he can't counter with his insane swing/running speed & shield. The best thing is that all these horse archers could've done the same (as in = show up) before the patch without much difference. A few guys decided to have some innocent fun and suddenly everyone cries and GTXs, its so god damn hilarious I can't describe it enough.   :P

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2013, 08:37:42 pm »
+1
So basically our irresponsible cow here is crying about the only class he can't counter with his insane swing/running speed & shield. The best thing is that all these horse archers could've done the same (as in = show up) before the patch without much difference. A few guys decided to have some innocent fun and suddenly everyone cries and GTXs, its so god damn hilarious I can't describe it enough.   :P

(click to show/hide)

well what would you expect? fighting against a team that has 5+ horse ranged is no fun. if the game is no fun people stop playing and do something else or change servers. you can hardly expect people to continue fighting people they cant touch just so they can have fun :P

If they are having no fun then they will come here and talk about it :)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2013, 08:38:56 pm »
Rivers of tears will flow untill we are done, if we will ever even get bored of mass HA pubstomping  :D

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2013, 08:41:16 pm »
+4
Gnjus I don't know what your problem is but it is a fact that there are a lot of horse archers and it is fucking lame for everyone who is not a horse archer. Half the reason for that is that each round gets drawn out by one to two minutes. It has always been regardless of them being nerfed or buffed. It's not hilarious, just fucking annoying for everyone who is trying to have some fun playing. Which means the other 80 people on the battle server, only because half a dozen guys are being selfish twats.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2013, 08:41:30 pm »
+1
GIVE LANCE CAV OLD HIP ROTATION BACK TO COUNTER THIS PLAGUE..WHY DO LANCE CAV HAVE A CRIPPLING BACKBONE DISEASE BUT 1H CAV NOT?!

imo  :wink:

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2013, 09:01:28 pm »
+2
Gnjus I don't know what your problem is but it is a fact that there are a lot of horse archers and it is fucking lame for everyone who is not a horse archer. Half the reason for that is that each round gets drawn out by one to two minutes. It has always been regardless of them being nerfed or buffed. It's not hilarious, just fucking annoying for everyone who is trying to have some fun playing. Which means the other 80 people on the battle server, only because half a dozen guys are being selfish twats.

If not for my passion for Turkology I'd make this my new signature. Go on please, don't stop. :P

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2013, 09:15:05 pm »
+5
I was a horsearcher before it went mainstream.

Guess that makes me a hipster now...

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2013, 09:19:29 pm »
+3
Horse archery is fine as it is actually.
It's more of a problem with bad teamplay.

An  example of a very common scenario:
Why not stay in spawn when you know the enemy has lots of HA's?
Let them come, have your ranged shoot at them, then proceed to fight the rest of the enemy.
Why is it that I never see this?

Why is it so hard to hold up for 1 minute? It's obviously better to fight fewer enemies at a time.
But instead people keep rusing the map center, like it's better to get shoot in the back while fighting the enemy infantry...

Don't forget, good teamplay beats any enemy team.