Author Topic: Suggestion: Offer "Mini respecs" in the store  (Read 933 times)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Re: Suggestion: Offer "Mini respecs" in the store
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 03:58:58 pm »
+1
OR maybe instead of mini respecs we just allow everyone a full free respe whenever they want? I mean fuck it, why not?

Because it's a RPG, and having some attachment to your build is part of the appeal of RPGs. If everyone just respecced to suit to map/game mode/opponent/whatever, then you basically have native.

I know dozens of formerly-active players that have quit or stopped playing significantly because a nerf broke their build, or they misclicked, etc. If the devs can make a subtle change THAT STILL MAINTAINS RESPECCING AS AN EXPENSIVE OPTION while providing some recourse for people that would like to make slight changes, why not?

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 04:01:02 pm »
+2
Because it's a RPG, and having some attachment to your build is part of the appeal of RPGs. If everyone just respecced to suit to map/game mode/opponent/whatever, then you basically have native.

I know dozens of formerly-active players that have quit or stopped playing significantly because a nerf broke their build, or they misclicked, etc. If the devs can make a subtle change THAT STILL MAINTAINS RESPECCING AS AN EXPENSIVE OPTION while providing some recourse for people that would like to make slight changes, why not?

Stop implying 300k is expensive.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 04:03:15 pm »
+3
Stop implying 300k is expensive.

I have an offer on marketplace: Stones for 300k. You can prove your point with a single mouse click, and I'll eat crow.

Offline RobertOfDrugsley

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANGST
  • Game nicks: ANGST_Robert_of_Drugsley, ANGST_Waldorph_the_Salad, ANGST_Monkey_Fling_Poo
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 04:03:46 pm »
+1
I think the current system with really expensive respec auctions is fail.

You allow the biggest grinders to skip retire-grinding by paying gold, thereby increasing the numbers of very high lvl players. Only redeeming quality is that it takes money out of the semi-broken economy.

I don't think that cheap respecs would make it any better though. Will just decrease the number of retirements even further and possibly take less gold out of the system.

And I don't believe you're as gimped by retiring as everyone think. Getting back to lvl 20 takes very little time and then you can start participating in the killing of folks, albeit somewhat weaker. Being a whimp again is an interesting challenge on its own.
I find the idea of defending someone who isn't been violently raped unacceptable on moral grounds.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 04:06:13 pm »
+1
I have an offer on marketplace: Stones for 300k. You can prove your point with a single mouse click, and I'll eat crow.

You make 450k in the time it takes to gen, then 3% less per gen bonus.  If you're 33, that's a little bit more than 4 gens.  Nearly 2 million gold.  300k is not expensive.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 05:35:51 pm »
+1
Cost: ~50,000gold or so
Re-assign ~100 weapon proficiency points

Lulz, so for 100 k gold I can respec from 21-18 1h no shield into 2h, then another 100 k and I'm polearmer. Same with respec between shielder/hoplite and lancer/1h cav.

This way, people could make minor tweaks to their build for a reasonable amount of gold, but a full class change would still be prohibitively expensive (over 1 mil gold), so people would still have an incentive to retire/respec if they want to change classes.

Nope, mini respec as you propose it in some cases would allow to change class for 100 k...

300 k is nothing for a respec.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:42:26 pm by Falka »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 05:55:48 pm »
+1

You make 450k in the time it takes to gen, then 3% less per gen bonus.  If you're 33, that's a little bit more than 4 gens.  Nearly 2 million gold.  300k is not expensive.

You really believe this? How much have you made in the last 2 weeks? Making money yourself is painstakingly slow, week after week of grinding. People are just spoiled by the marketplace where all this gold came out of nowhere.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 06:23:34 pm »
+1
Lulz, so for 100 k gold I can respec from 21-18 1h no shield into 2h, then another 100 k and I'm polearmer. Same with respec between shielder/hoplite and lancer/1h cav.

Nope, mini respec as you propose it in some cases would allow to change class for 100 k...

A typical lvl 30 build with 5 weapon master has 500 wpp, so switching those from 1h to 2h would cost you 250k under my proposal. Couple that with a switch from 21-18 to 24-15, and maybe you want to switch your IF to Riding. You're up over 500k in a hurry. You'll be lucky to grind 500k in a generation (even selling your loom point).

Make the mini respec cost 100k, 150k, whatever, that's not my point; my point is for there to be some accessible (read-store, not rare auctions) way to make minor changes to your build for a significant fee. And 300k is obviously significant, because Murdertron still hasn't accepted my trade.

Some of you forget this is a damn game; we're not debating whether a serial killer should get parole.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:28:13 pm by Phew »

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 07:02:15 pm »
+1
You really believe this? How much have you made in the last 2 weeks? Making money yourself is painstakingly slow, week after week of grinding. People are just spoiled by the marketplace where all this gold came out of nowhere.

Actually it's 100% true.  For every 1000 exp you get, you get 50 gold.  Minus 3% per gen, of course. If you have a multi that ratio is exactly the same.  Leave the economics to the economics guys, and I'll leave the lower middle class republican vote to you.  Of course, San, not all of us are filthy shield critters who wear the heaviest helmet in the game.  Also as a side note, besides my cav gens, I've never had repairs over 1800.  Also I have 28 +3 looms so my net worth is around 28 million gold.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 07:39:20 pm »
+1
Also I have 28 +3 looms so my net worth is around 28 million gold.

Then you aren't in the target demographic for this thread, since you could win a respec auction any time you want. Run along now.

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 07:40:44 pm »
+1
Can you still answer my simple question?

Exp to 31 is 8.735 million

8,735,000 / 20 = 436,750

8,735,000 / 5000 = 1747 = 29.12 hours (~15 hours if you get the 6:30 and 6:00 tick over and over)

At the absolute best conditions, 15 hours of playtime for 437k, NOT 450k. You also conveniently gloss over the 4 straight months, June-September of me in light armor and a 3k weapon for the sole purpose of making gold and still being viable in combat. Just because you can get easy money from the messed up marketplace doesn't change the fact that it's annoying to grind up yourself.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 07:54:46 pm »
A typical lvl 30 build with 5 weapon master has 500 wpp

Oh, I misunderstood you, I thought about wpf, not wpp :P Sowwy! :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 08:15:42 pm »
+1
Then you aren't in the target demographic for this thread, since you could win a respec auction any time you want. Run along now.

Why would you ignore the richest demographic?  You need to consider the economy and player base as a whole.  Instead you only think of yourself which is typical for those under the conservative propaganda machine.

And yes San, please argue with me over a 13k difference when I am using estimations so I don't bore people with the math.  A less than 5% difference was accommodated to make easier numbers for the idiots who actually think mini respecs are a good idea.  And yes, you will pay repairs.  That is your choice.  It's a fact that you will make that much money per gen.  I don't care how you spend it.  If you want to spend your money on Escalades and jewelry, I certainly won't stop you.  Get gold teeth if you want.  I prefer to invest my money in the market and come out with even more money. I'm merely pointing out that the benefits of a cheap mini respec far outweigh the loss of performance you'd suffer from having a gimped min max build that hasn't hit maturity yet.

Also, are you saying implying a mostly free market is messed up?

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 08:30:05 pm »
+1
Why would you ignore the richest demographic? 

Devs made the respec auction system just to troll the richest 1% of the player base, and it has obviously worked based on the vitriol in the auction thread between all the rich players outbidding each other. So you aren't being ignored, congrats, you are being trolled.

However, the respec auction system might as well not exist to the rest of us, so if we want to make a small tweak to our builds, our options are 1. give up half our XP 2. give up all our XP. I'm saying why not add a third option : "spend a significant but obtainable amount of gold to move a few points around".  If you honestly oppose this concept, then you are just saying you want to further accelerate the death of the mod. Enjoy your 28 Masterwork items on the empty servers.

P.S.-Leave your contradictory political statements out of this thread. Although I enjoyed the irony of you defending liberalism in the same paragraph that you brag about how you exploit the poor for personal gain.

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 08:31:10 pm »
+1
Estimating upwards when that's the highest possible value? I believe a safer positive estimation is 300k. It's not much after like 30 hours of playing. Still waiting on the 2 weeks question.

About the marketplace, it seems to have so much gold that it dwarfs making your own. I doubt most players make all that much every day, too, so it does baffle me in some areas. It's not too difficult for a single person to get money right now since people would rather have looms and only a few need to hoard gold; but if something like a mini-respec option comes out, I'm certain it would be a lot more difficult to obtain that gold.

Just trying to say that the prices are not that farfetched when looking at making money just from playing for many hours.