Author Topic: Knockdown needs to be toned down.  (Read 3397 times)

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
Re: Knockdown needs to be toned down.
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013, 02:34:59 pm »
Where did you read this ?

Way to ignore a reach difference of 32, and a difference of 4 blunt is not small by any standard
1h fanatic, pointles

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013, 03:25:33 pm »
+2
They're both great weapons and they both knock down a lot. Used Warhammer a lot while dismounted as 21/18 1h cav (strat sieges mostly) and Bar Mace as a 21/18 2h character.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2013, 06:20:55 pm »
+2
They're both great weapons and they both knock down a lot. Used Warhammer a lot while dismounted as 21/18 1h cav (strat sieges mostly) and Bar Mace as a 21/18 2h character.

This. I'm not downplaying the warhammer, it's perhaps the second best 1h mace (first being spathovaklion)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2013, 02:07:34 pm »
+1
Yea I use a Heavy great sword.  I dunno how much of an advantage I have.  I used to do alot better.  But the last few weeks I've played,  If my opponent is using a weapon with knockdown, the first connection they make has me down, followed by a kick and dead.  It's broken.  2h sword fighting is fun, you block, it's back and forth.  Let me guess you are using a knockdown weapon.  Don't have do be a dick, the game is declining.

2h sword fighting is fun, you block, it's back and forth

you block

THEN BLOCK you twat. Knockdown is not magically unblockable. L2P, not rely on your armor and IF to cushion all the hits u take before you manage to land one when your opponent glances.

Its that simple. Stop whine, lock thread, l2p.

EDIT: Also, if I was getting knocked down all the damn time, I would learn to roll. Its a simple doubletap of A or D, and your away from his range at least long enough to get another block up.

"Nothing was changed, it is still the easiest due to it's retard animations, imbalanced speed / damage vs poles, ability to use all of your attacks in tight corridors and group fights, etc, etc, etc."

Um I can't use my sword indoors at all, and I team wound in large groups lol.  You don't know what your talking about.   And on top of that your off topic.  Go start a 2h is too easy post.

Dude, honestly, READ what you wrote: YOU don't know how to play indoors or in ganks. 2handed is easiest class when it comes to fighting. It just is. Im not against 2h, I have lvl 32 2hander, lvl 32 polearmer, and most other classes level 30. I like almost all aspects of crpg (Crossbows are not for men, of course, but I cannot MAKE everyone stop being an arserammer) but 2handed is easiest all around fighting.

But hey, dafuck do I know, only played for 3 years, only got 50 gens or so, only played every class.

Knockdown is the least broken thing in the game atm.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:17:38 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2013, 04:12:29 pm »
Knockdown is the least broken thing in the game atm.

Kicking someone knocked down for even more hits is though. 1-2 free hits for a knockdown is fair and well, up to 5-6 free hits is not (most people are dead in 3-4 though). 1 hit by a mace can often be certain death, even with full health bar prior to the hit. A tad harsh.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2013, 03:12:42 pm »
Kicking someone knocked down for even more hits is though. 1-2 free hits for a knockdown is fair and well, up to 5-6 free hits is not (most people are dead in 3-4 though). 1 hit by a mace can often be certain death, even with full health bar prior to the hit. A tad harsh.

knockdown is not a problem, rate of knockdow is

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?