Author Topic: Knockdown needs to be toned down.  (Read 3396 times)

Offline NoSBoH

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Knockdown needs to be toned down.
« on: October 22, 2013, 06:30:16 am »

Offline SMEGMAR

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Swag so dope, snapback rehab.
    • View Profile
Re: Knockdown needs to be toned down.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 06:33:03 am »
+2
Aren't you a dedicated greatsword user? This thread wins the Retard Cup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Smegmar #1 NA HOC guy that actually doesn't suck dick at cRPG

Offline NoSBoH

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 06:35:57 am »
+3
Yea I use a Heavy great sword.  I dunno how much of an advantage I have.  I used to do alot better.  But the last few weeks I've played,  If my opponent is using a weapon with knockdown, the first connection they make has me down, followed by a kick and dead.  It's broken.  2h sword fighting is fun, you block, it's back and forth.  Let me guess you are using a knockdown weapon.  Don't have do be a dick, the game is declining.

Offline SMEGMAR

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 06:44:10 am »
+2
Yea I use a Heavy great sword.  I dunno how much of an advantage I have.  I used to do alot better.  But the last few weeks I've played,  If my opponent is using a weapon with knockdown, the first connection they make has me down, followed by a kick and dead.  It's broken.  2h sword fighting is fun, you block, it's back and forth.  Let me guess you are using a knockdown weapon.  Don't have do be a dick, the game is declining.

The game is declining because threads like this keep popping up thanks to brain dead kuyak-clad europeans and the occasional american 2h hero.
Dedicated 2h players have got to be the whiniest bunch of oblivious twats, and they are the reason this game is now oversimplified slop.

Offline NoSBoH

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 06:51:55 am »
+1
Are you kidding me?  This is if I'm not mistaken my first post regarding gameplay ever.  I'm a dedicated player, and I became that because the game I was playing was fun.  This is the first time I've ever complained about anything regarding this game...  But please tell me how I'm an oblivious twat to how this game should play out in your head?!  Your out of line buddy, and you've said nothing to contribute to the post one way or another.  Good job.

Offline SMEGMAR

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 07:04:17 am »
Are you kidding me?  This is if I'm not mistaken my first post regarding gameplay ever.  I'm a dedicated player, and I became that because the game I was playing was fun.  This is the first time I've ever complained about anything regarding this game...  But please tell me how I'm an oblivious twat to how this game should play out in your head?!  Your out of line buddy, and you've said nothing to contribute to the post one way or another.  Good job.

Worry not pal, I'm not singling you out. It's just beyond funny to me when someone comes on the forums to complain about a legitimate mechanic when they spend all of their time playing the easiest class. Easy is putting it lightly, two handed swords are borderline bug abuse.

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 07:41:18 am »
+3
Train on the roll away move if u have a major issue with knockdown :) Or u could make an alt which counter those wielders. If its mostly 1h knockdown perhaps a cav build? If its 2h perhaps try arbalest? It wont make the problem go away but damn it can feel good :)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 07:58:37 am »
Clam it down you two.

I have to agree with NoSBoH, it does feel like it happens very often. I'd say 2/3 times I'm struck with a Knockdown weapon on a side swing, I'm kissing the turf. I'm sure nothing has changed in regards to Knockdown mechanics, but seemingly they feel more prevalent lately than prior.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 08:58:23 am »
+10
Double tab move left or right when being knocked down. You are welcome.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 09:31:03 am »
+5
Btw, knockdown chance on most 1h weapons is about 15% compared to nearly the double with 2h knockdown, yet people always complain about 1h knockdown because it knocks you down instead of killing you.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 09:44:54 am »
Worry not pal, I'm not singling you out. It's just beyond funny to me when someone comes on the forums to complain about a legitimate mechanic when they spend all of their time playing the easiest class. Easy is putting it lightly, two handed swords are borderline bug abuse.

It's beyond funny to me when people complain about two handed swords being bug abuse. Are people still struggling to block "lol feints" after all this time?

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 09:50:58 am »
+5
god I'm sick of this old and exaggerated 2h prejudice. Yes it is hero class, yes it is very strong and versatile, yes it was OP back in the days, but right now it is easy as fuck to do equally good with other melee classes.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 09:55:04 am »
+3
l2roll, its not hard just keep tapping double a or d everytime you get bumped, eventually you will burn it into your muscle memory. I have gotten to the point where i just automatically roll everytime my char is knocked down.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 10:31:13 am »
+3
Btw, knockdown chance on most 1h weapons is about 15% compared to nearly the double with 2h knockdown, yet people always complain about 1h knockdown because it knocks you down instead of killing you.

People whine at ALL kinds of knockdown but they seem more annoyed when the thing that hit you weight close to nothing, is balanced and has 98-100 speed.

If I get hit by a mauler it's my fault and I really had to fuck up to let someone hit me with so slow weapon, therefore I don't care about this knockdown as it's my fault.

On the other hand when I'm fighting with someone who's using quarter staff (1,2 weight) or thin metal stick (Spathovaklion) or other close to ~98-100 speed and that guy knocks me down with 1st or second swing, I'm mad. Military/War hammer are also among these 'damned' weapons. Also goedendag.... Who the fuck did invent this thing. If you want to annoy somebody like never before then start using it.

Knockdown is a too rewarding feature on balanced weapons with high speed and the coincidence that most of the balanced and fast knockdown weapons are 1h, explains why people mostly show 1h hammers as an example of the knockdown superiority.

Skyrim UI

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 10:45:48 am »
+2
People whine at ALL kinds of knockdown but they seem more annoyed when the thing that hit you weight close to nothing, is balanced and has 98-100 speed.

If I get hit by a mauler it's my fault and I really had to fuck up to let someone hit me with so slow weapon, therefore I don't care about this knockdown as it's my fault.

On the other hand when I'm fighting with someone who's using quarter staff (1,2 weight) or thin metal stick (Spathovaklion) or other close to ~98-100 speed and that guy knocks me down with 1st or second swing, I'm mad. Military/War hammer are also among these 'damned' weapons. Also goedendag.... Who the fuck did invent this thing. If you want to annoy somebody like never before then start using it.

Knockdown is a too rewarding feature on balanced weapons with high speed and the coincidence that most of the balanced and fast knockdown weapons are 1h, explains why people mostly show 1h hammers as an example of the knockdown superiority.

Don't lose hope, 1h will massively switch back to swords now that 1h stabs are ungodly OP.