Author Topic: War of Northern Aggression  (Read 32486 times)

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
War of Northern Aggression
« on: October 21, 2013, 02:18:08 am »
+19
(click to show/hide)

Some music for you as you read the thread:
(click to show/hide)

The ruling council of The Central Confederacy has convened and unanimously decided that it is in the best interest of our members for The Central Confederacy to declare war on The Free Companies of Calradia.

Casus belli: Diplomatic insult, Border frictions, and Violated Sphere of Influence.

War goals: End of FCC Hegemony over much of the map. Oh and XP for those people who actually still retire.

(click to show/hide)

The Confederacy rises up in opposition to the tyranny of The Yankees Free Companies of Calradia and President Lincoln Kesh. We can no longer stand by and watch the Northerner's relentless attacks upon our neighbors homes. Refugees flee over into our borders and tell us of the atrocitiesXP filled battles committed under the FCC banner.

We send out this call to arms to all free people not currently under the yoke of the Imperialist'sFCC. Stand with us! Stand for States Rights XP! Hospitaller, LL, Occitan, Chevaliers, and GOBBLIN's! We will march with any or all of you, let us set aside our past differences and unite for Freedomless strat boredom!

The Ravens of Valhalla officially calls to arms its ally of old, The Kingdom of Veluca. Oaths we have sworn and battles we have fought side by side, let us march together once again to victory.

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
Re: War of Northern Aggression
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 02:31:20 am »
+6
(click to show/hide)

We send out this call to arms to all free people not currently under the yoke of the Imperialist'sFCC. Stand with us! Stand for States Rights XP! Hospitaller, LL, Occitan, Chevaliers, and GOBBLIN's! We will march with any or all of you, let us set aside our past differences and unite for Freedomless strat boredom!

Just going to put this out there, wasn't the whole idea of the GOBBLIN attack not to take allegiance to anybody, and pretty much to do a sexy ass banzai charge through-out NA DESTROITING or vassalizing all in his way? Yet, here you ask for him to assist you in a war and target a specific faction? When I first saw the whole GOBBLIN thing I thought it was just going to be a rally against FCC, but Daruvian had proved me wrong. Please don't get the goddamn horde (which for the most part originated from Frisia) to take up a Frisian/CC cause and attack the same enemies they had before they broke off.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:32:07 am by Earl_Lemon »
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 02:41:12 am »
+9
How to strategus: Raven style

1. Build a clan based on honour.
2. Tell people you are friends with them.
3. Wait till those people are busy fighting a war somewhere.
4. Blindside them and pretend they are evil.
5. Continue pretending to have honour.
6. Profit?

You guys are the most dishonest and dishonourable faction I have ever had the displeasure to try and talk with in strat.

We came to your aid unasked when you were in danger and asked nothing in return. We provided a castle to the Frisians out of goodwill. You guys later attacked us when we were fighting CHAOS. We withstood your attack and tried our best to resume good relations. Frisia continued to fight us, we withstood the Frisia/LCO offensive and began to take back our lands when Frisia joined with Dracul and Ravens as the CC and unilaterally declared peace with us while also threatening war with us if we tried to take back any of our three lost fiefs (which were guarded by a combined total of 1200 troops). Rather than warring you over this like you wanted we tried to work it out because we believed you to be friends. It seemed like we had it sorted out when you broke off negotiations and decided instead to keep everything. We put up with that too and continued to do our best to improve relations as we have done for the entirety of strat 4. We have been doing our best to improve relations with you for over a year now but you want XP and rather than having the honesty to just declare war on us you instead dicked us around and repeatedly lied to and insulted us in the hopes that we would declare war on you instead. Finally you gave up on that and instead come up with some bullshit and attack us. So I say again, you have no honour and you do not even know the meaning of the word. It is impossible for your leadership to deal honestly with people.

The most ridiculous thing though is that a clan full of people who are cool as individuals would choose to run a coaltion in such a disgusting fashion.

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 02:53:38 am »
+6
Can't we all just fucking stop killing eachother for a good month, farm some damn troops, and invade EU using Fisdnar as our foothold? We all know that North America is superior to these fief camping shits, and I think we stop talking about it and just fucking do it. We already have tons of large groups (FCC, CC, Chaos, SS, Occitan, Astralis, TKoV, Hospitallers, LL) If we stop shit-talking eachother, use the GOBBLIN momentum and rush these EU nerds, it will be a ton more fun.
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • Renown: 339
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 02:59:34 am »
+5
FRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • Renown: 339
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 03:03:00 am »
+2
BLAH BLAH BLAH a clan full of people who are cool BLAH BLAH BLAH

thx m8y

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 03:12:09 am »
+16
First, I must say, +1 just for music and XP.

Though, if I'm being honest, I personally am sad to see things go this way. As much as people love to hop on board the hate-train for FCC just because they're an easy target, I've come to really like a lot of their members. And I had some good times fighting in their battles where I always knew I had a spot if I wanted one.

I'm especially sad because my internet conscious has gotten the best of me, mostly due to Kesh being such a nice guy in TS. (damn you for that Kesh) I legitimately feel bad about this whole ordeal.

Whatever happens lads, lets enjoy this XP. And try not to take anything too personally.*

(click to show/hide)

*The views expressed in this post are purely my own opinion and feeling alone, they do not reflect the opinions or stances of Dracul, Frisia, Ravens, or the CC.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 03:15:36 am »
+11
First, I must say, +1 just for music and XP.

Though, if I'm being honest, I personally am sad to see things go this way. As much as people love to hop on board the hate-train for FCC just because they're an easy target, I've come to really like a lot of their members. And I had some good times fighting in their battles where I always knew I had a spot if I wanted one.

I'm especially sad because my internet conscious has gotten the best of me, mostly due to Kesh being such a nice guy in TS. (damn you for that Kesh) I legitimately feel bad about this whole ordeal.

Whatever happens lads, lets enjoy this XP. And try not to take anything too personally.*

(click to show/hide)

*The views expressed in this post are purely my own opinion and feeling alone, they do not reflect the opinions or stances of Dracul, Frisia, Ravens, or the CC.

Thanks for being classy man, i really appreciate it.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline miggy

• Earl
  • Renown: 380
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • _\|/_
  • Faction: 1%
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 03:16:43 am »
+16
How to strategus: Raven style

1. Build a clan based on honour.
2. Tell people you are friends with them.
3. Wait till those people are busy fighting a war somewhere.
4. Blindside them and pretend they are evil.
5. Continue pretending to have honour.
6. Profit?

You guys are the most dishonest and dishonourable faction I have ever had the displeasure to try and talk with in strat.

We came to your aid unasked when you were in danger and asked nothing in return. We provided a castle to the Frisians out of goodwill. You guys later attacked us when we were fighting CHAOS. We withstood your attack and tried our best to resume good relations. Frisia continued to fight us, we withstood the Frisia/LCO offensive and began to take back our lands when Frisia joined with Dracul and Ravens as the CC and unilaterally declared peace with us while also threatening war with us if we tried to take back any of our three lost fiefs (which were guarded by a combined total of 1200 troops). Rather than warring you over this like you wanted we tried to work it out because we believed you to be friends. It seemed like we had it sorted out when you broke off negotiations and decided instead to keep everything. We put up with that too and continued to do our best to improve relations as we have done for the entirety of strat 4. We have been doing our best to improve relations with you for over a year now but you want XP and rather than having the honesty to just declare war on us you instead dicked us around and repeatedly lied to and insulted us in the hopes that we would declare war on you instead. Finally you gave up on that and instead come up with some bullshit and attack us. So I say again, you have no honour and you do not even know the meaning of the word. It is impossible for your leadership to deal honestly with people.

The most ridiculous thing though is that a clan full of people who are cool as individuals would choose to run a coaltion in such a disgusting fashion.

Offline HungryNBroke

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Are you going to eat that?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Hungry_, Stick_, Hellequin_, Peggy_Hill
  • IRC nick: HungryNBroke
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 03:17:19 am »
+8
I may only be a poor southern peasant, but I'll be damned if I am going to let y'all northerners try to take away my God-given rights!  I fight for the freedom to raise my youngins in a place run by a fellow southerner, not by some uppity city boy who aint never done a hard days work in his go'tdang life. I reckon I'll drop my banjir an' grab my best cooter walloper 'cause darlin we is goin' to war!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 04:49:42 pm by HungryNBroke »

Offline Sir_Wonka

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Free Sloths of Calradia
  • Game nicks: EggoWaffle_The_Sloth
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 03:27:47 am »
+6
Can you take the sloths instead of the FCC? They can swim
(click to show/hide)

Offline Relit

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 03:43:59 am »
+4
Now that I am relieved of my strategus diplomat duties I can get away with saying this purely based on the fact that I am just a veteran of Raven now:

Its really telling that the minute we go to war with FCC, Kesh begins the rounds on TS' trying to break apart our alliance by trying to talk Dracul into not participating in the war. Nice Kesh, really classy move there. That sort of shady business is going to go over real well with the Dracul members (and Raven guys, the Frisians already dislike yall enough).

Heres a thought: Its a game about war. Raven has not done anything dishonorable, at-least not in our members opinion. Matey can post half truths and outright lies all he wants, rev up those propaganda posts all you want. We are fighting this war for fun and because our members wanted to, some more than others true but here we are.

Side note about "being dishonorable": Everything I did as a Raven strategus leader/diplomat was cleared with Frisia and Dracul first, so do not go pointing fingers straight at us here. You have a problem with how we run our faction? Tough shit. We answer to our own members/leaders.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:48:08 am by Relit »

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 03:55:58 am »
+5
Matey can post half truths and outright lies all he wants, rev up those propaganda posts all you want. We are fighting this war for fun and because our members wanted to, some more than others true but here we are.

Oh that is funny. I could have sworn you declared war on us for "border disputes" "diplomatic insults" and because we are "evil tyrants" and so on. If you were just fighting us for fun then maybe you could have said that some time in the last couple of weeks instead of feeding me bullshit whenever I asked if the many many rumours about you planning to attack us were true. Would it have been so damn hard to just say "yeah man, I know we are friends but we are bored and want XP so we decided to fight you guys" I wouldn't have been thrilled but it would have been the honourable thing to do.

You can say i spout lies and half-truths but I've always been open and honest with you; I just wish you had the courtesy to do the same.

Offline Relit

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 03:58:18 am »
Oh that is funny. I could have sworn you declared war on us for "border disputes" "diplomatic insults" and because we are "evil tyrants" and so on. If you were just fighting us for fun then maybe you could have said that some time in the last couple of weeks instead of feeding me bullshit whenever I asked if the many many rumours about you planning to attack us were true. Would it have been so damn hard to just say "yeah man, I know we are friends but we are bored and want XP so we decided to fight you guys" I wouldn't have been thrilled but it would have been the honourable thing to do.

You can say i spout lies and half-truths but I've always been open and honest with you; I just wish you had the courtesy to do the same.

Because I can read the minds of Turboflex, Sandersson, and Artyem, you know the people who voted for the war unanimously. I did not decide this. I had/have no vote on the council, its was not my job to go around speculating anything to anybody about what those three were doing.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 04:01:28 am »
+5
Because I can read the minds of Turboflex, Sandersson, and Artyem, you know the people who voted for the war unanimously. I did not decide this. I had/have no vote on the council, its was not my job to go around speculating anything to anybody about what those three were doing.

You kept selling yourself as the Raven's strat leader. The guy to talk to for all things Raven. Guess that wasn't really true?