Author Topic: could something be done about mauls please?  (Read 4138 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: could something be done about mauls please?
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2013, 01:37:33 am »
+1
lol the problem with this thread is that you are all EU, quite literally you have not a clue whats goin on in the NA server(you all complain about ranged, which we dont seem to have a problem with, our problem are mauls)......We have the whole Semenstorm Horde literally all using long mauls, so in turn you will have around 10 long maulers who either instantly knock u down or just ct you to death with no skill involved.  Please come play on NA, you will see the light of day, i die to Rohypnol and his maul crew almost every round, hell, ill start taking screens of the entire maul crew.  Its bad, its meta gaming at its finest and it sucks, because it makes it stupid to play when u are slaughtered without a chance to survive.

Trust me if you ever reach Eu's ranged population you will pray for all the maulers and cav they can throw at you, dying by melee is a blessing, even by a mauler. (also stack agi and get a long pokey polearm, you will give them hell of a hard time  :wink:)
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leman_Russ

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2013, 04:25:41 am »
+1
lol the problem with this thread is that you are all EU, quite literally you have not a clue whats goin on in the NA server(you all complain about ranged, which we dont seem to have a problem with, our problem are mauls)......We have the whole Semenstorm Horde literally all using long mauls, so in turn you will have around 10 long maulers who either instantly knock u down or just ct you to death with no skill involved.  Please come play on NA, you will see the light of day, i die to Rohypnol and his maul crew almost every round, hell, ill start taking screens of the entire maul crew.  Its bad, its meta gaming at its finest and it sucks, because it makes it stupid to play when u are slaughtered without a chance to survive.

Exaggeration at it's finest.  There are 3 of us who at running plate/maul builds, not 10.  Long mauls are 76 speed, meaning that nearly any weapon can outspam it.  Long maul also requires at least a minimum hold in order to get any sort of crushthrough. 

I'm sorry that you feel dying to crushthrough is gay and requires no skill, but I personally feel that it is one of the only sure solutions to the amount of retarded shielders (abusing that 1h thrust) and spearmen, there are so many on NA.  Mauls are the perfect solution to all you knuckleheads who do nothing but abuse how imbalanced the thrust mechanic is in this game.  Thrust a mauler ---> receive weapon lock and then get your head caved in. 

Just out of curiosity, what do you think mauls should be good against?  They suck vs ranged, suck vs cavalry, suck vs agility builds, suck vs fast weapons.  That leaves spearmen and shielders.  Do you think it would be fair to remove shielders (even though it shouldn't be hard to outspam a maul)  from this list so that mauls are only good against 1 directional spears?

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2013, 04:59:54 am »
Exaggeration at it's finest.  There are 3 of us who at running plate/maul builds, not 10.  Long mauls are 76 speed, meaning that nearly any weapon can outspam it.  Long maul also requires at least a minimum hold in order to get any sort of crushthrough. 

the only exaggeration is how you are downplaying how many mauls there are, players listed seen at one time mauling.....

Leman_Russ
Palatro
Rohypnol
Walrus
SowMB guy, idk his name
another MB guy
Maple Whisky
Bitchyouaint
Manities
Stabby dave
there are more im sure...

so this is just on one team, this isnt nearly 10 people to you?  I never stated that they should be nerfed or any of the likes, but was attempting to make a point that though this may not occur on EU, it def. does on NA, and yes, i do think ct is skill less.  Free kills for nothing, i myself have seen you go almost 30/1 with a long maul, so yes id say it must not take much effort with that kind of k/d......but oh what do i know, im exaggerating......

Offline Leman_Russ

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2013, 06:02:10 am »
I am walrus, palatro did it for a gen and is now a thrower.  maple whisky is a throwing lancer, bitchyouaint is a 2her currently.  Not trying to downplay it.  You said Semenstorm comes on with 10 maulers, and i corrected you.  Its 2 maybe 3 maulers from semenstorm.  Fluxy is the only other notable long mauler that i can think of off the top of my head that isn't in semenstorm.  I have never even remotely seen 10 long maulers on 1 team, 5 maybe, but you know that is few and far between. 

On the topic of skill, i can just as easy say that what you do, 1h with shield is skillless.  Ive shielder well over 10 gens in CRPG.  I challenge you to try out this build and pull a decent score.  I promise you, it is significantly easier to score well with a shield, long pointy stick, or a longsword. 

Can you honestly tell me who is noteworthy with a crushthrough weapon on NA other than a couple semenstorm guys and fluxy_mb?  Not to put anyone down, but nobody really stands out besides maybe 4 people.  Players always flock to the easiest way to play games, which is why you see so many crossbows, throwers, longsworders and spearmen.  What do you not see a lot of? Mauls, because 9/10 people who pick one up suck ass with them.

Offline Combaticus

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gay Pride Worldwide
  • Game nicks: Combaticus, Big_Gay_Baby, BOOM_SHAKA_LAKA
  • IRC nick: Combat
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2013, 05:34:28 pm »
I am walrus, palatro did it for a gen and is now a thrower.  maple whisky is a throwing lancer, bitchyouaint is a 2her currently.  Not trying to downplay it.  You said Semenstorm comes on with 10 maulers, and i corrected you.  Its 2 maybe 3 maulers from semenstorm.  Fluxy is the only other notable long mauler that i can think of off the top of my head that isn't in semenstorm.  I have never even remotely seen 10 long maulers on 1 team, 5 maybe, but you know that is few and far between. 

On the topic of skill, i can just as easy say that what you do, 1h with shield is skillless.  Ive shielder well over 10 gens in CRPG.  I challenge you to try out this build and pull a decent score.  I promise you, it is significantly easier to score well with a shield, long pointy stick, or a longsword. 

Can you honestly tell me who is noteworthy with a crushthrough weapon on NA other than a couple semenstorm guys and fluxy_mb?  Not to put anyone down, but nobody really stands out besides maybe 4 people.  Players always flock to the easiest way to play games, which is why you see so many crossbows, throwers, longsworders and spearmen.  What do you not see a lot of? Mauls, because 9/10 people who pick one up suck ass with them.

PREACH LEMAN PREACH! Everyone on this thread is just QQ'ing that they can't get as many kills anymore for abusing their mechanics.

I can't get more kills anymore because a long mauler won't let me abuse my lol shield stab build.

WAAAAHHHHH my Hoplite build isn't enough.

Bunch of Cry babies

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2013, 05:47:27 pm »
+2
Two things, palatro was long mauling with roh last night.  They aren't unstoppable.  It's called teamwork, tactics and positioning.  Some rounds they did well with their teammates, but other rounds they got encircled and destroyed by our team. 

mauls (and almost everything in this game) are fine, this is one of those "learn to play" moments.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy