Author Topic: I don't get this.  (Read 3086 times)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: I don't get this.
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2013, 12:54:42 am »
+1
Together with the recent nerfs it has tempted me to go horn bow this gen - and I could puke.
Which ones are those, I must have missed them?
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2013, 01:11:03 am »
Which ones are those, I must have missed them?

arrow speed? loomed arrows useless, insane upkeep/break rate, etc.pp.
But I think there is no need to discuss/balance/blahblah this any further.
I'll take a break and/or wait if bannerlord or m:bg makes any more sense.
"Real" archery has been on the decline on c-rpg since 2010, and I've just had it.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2013, 01:28:49 am »
recent nerfs

arrow speed? loomed arrows useless, insane upkeep/break rate, etc.pp.
Projectile speed wasn't nerfed, it was actually buffed for most bows, meaning effectiveness was not lost. The upkeep and break chance thing isn't recent, it has been around for quite a while. It's perfectly acceptable to disagree with changes, but at least get your facts straight.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2013, 05:23:17 am »
Wrong thread, would delete if I could
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2013, 10:34:16 am »
So basically you balanced the stats, but not the price. I like the 1356 gold Nomad Bow now more than 11 100 Long bow even though upkeep is a non-issue for me. Those lower tier bows shoot almost as straight as a crossbow making them much easier to hit with than Long Bow. I think the balance needs to be rethought and looms buffed a bit (same damage loomed, one less otherwise) to reduce the amount of ranged.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2013, 10:49:59 am »
well - what gear do you use stevee?
29,833 gold Cost
2,087 gold Upkeep (max)
Long Bow, 2 x bodkins, Short Arming Sword, Heavy Aketon, Green Arena Helmet, Mail Mittens, Green Hose With Kneecops.

I sometimes earn gold, more often loos it, but most of time it's around 0. I'm running around with this equip all the time.
Solution for Upkeep of archer is simple - make an money earning alt and send gold from it to your archer.

And stop whining about Long Bow, It's a realy good and deadly bow, I'm making lots of kills with it and I'm often in top 5 in a roster by points or kills.
Archers with tiny bows are annoying, but not deadly as same amount of archers with Long Bows.

Even I am able to survive Head Shots from tiny bow archers that are not using bodkins.

Archer forever :D

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 01:00:23 pm »
So basically you balanced the stats, but not the price. I like the 1356 gold Nomad Bow now more than 11 100 Long bow even though upkeep is a non-issue for me. Those lower tier bows shoot almost as straight as a crossbow making them much easier to hit with than Long Bow. I think the balance needs to be rethought and looms buffed a bit (same damage loomed, one less otherwise) to reduce the amount of ranged.
Suggesting that an archer's best counter to the most expensive items in the game should be cheap? No, the price needed to stay high. It's true that it might be a bit too expensive, but I certainly don't believe anything dramatic should be done. We don't want to return to the days where everyone had archer alts for gold farming.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2013, 01:54:10 pm »
Suggesting that an archer's best counter to the most expensive items in the game should be cheap? No, the price needed to stay high. It's true that it might be a bit too expensive, but I certainly don't believe anything dramatic should be done. We don't want to return to the days where everyone had archer alts for gold farming.

Well I for one find Longbow too hard to use. I counter mostly cavalry and other ranged when I'm playing an archer and for that purpose with my lack of skills I do far better with lower tier bows than with a long bow. Also tatars are more effective against both. So basically at least for me it already is the way the best counter against most expensive items (horses) is not the most expensive bow, but rather a cheap one like Horn, Tatar or Nomad. Take two sets of tatars and yes, you're farming gold as an archer. Just what you said you didn't want to happen. What's more is anyone can play archer now and be as effective as a guy that has used six loompoints on his bow and arrows. That is partially why there are so many archers atm.

Tatar bow + tatar arrows won't glance on 71 body armor with 4PD anymore. True it doesn't do much damage, but it'll stun the opponent allowing a free hit from infantry. I like the idea of variety in bows, but maybe we could come up with something that would allow the faster bows to counter lighter gear and cav much better and glance of heavier armor totally.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2013, 03:18:23 am »

I think the main problem for archer is upkeep on bodkins, and maybe the fact you are usually carrying two stacks. Not sure if that affects the frequency of repairs e.g. x2 chance.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2013, 05:46:20 pm »
+1
Each bag of arrows have it`s  own chance of repair. After one round you can pay for both of them, but for me it happens almost onky when i pay full upkeep. Playing longbowman with equipment like i have is not cheap, but guys on heavy horses are payingmore for horse, than an archer for full equipment, so pls stop qq about archer upkeep  :mrgreen:
Archer forever :D

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2013, 12:43:17 am »
[N]o
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml