Author Topic: why onehanders are currently op..  (Read 6509 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: why onehanders are currently op..
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 06:20:49 pm »
+1
i don't understand this, i get easily better kdr's on my 2h alt than on my shielder main, which is 7 levels higher ...

2h is honestly so much easier if you have the slightest clue how to play passive

Well we'll have to agree to disagree that 2h is easier than shielder, maybe for you sure but overall I don't think so.

Like Micah above you wrote there are very little down sides to shielders atm compared to other melee classes.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 06:21:13 pm »
+2
i don't understand this, i get easily better kdr's on my 2h alt than on my shielder main, which is 7 levels higher ...

And I get higher kdr with an STF shielder than with a lvl 31 2h. Your point being?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 06:23:28 pm »
30% more turn rate, meaning more damage , less glancing, and faster swings ( cant really miss overhead anymore ). incredibly broken strong stab atm. nudge that staggers long enough to get a free hit if done right, dousnt suffer a stabblockstun, ballanced blunts with high knockdown chance, piercing swing weapons that  shine in clusterfucks, specially when the leftswing autoaims for the head. all this while being able to use a shield or a ranged weapon. shieldbash that is very effective if utelized in teamplay. only thing they lack is long reach. but hey they can close gaps fast with shields, and the stab is effectinve up untill the tip of the animation. kicks are a decent counter but only 1vs1 and still risky, simply a no go in teamfights since kicks hold u in place... weapon stuns work to but arent that reliable..
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 06:30:28 pm »
Also the ammount of shileders atm is not caused so much by 30% higher turn rate or better stab, it's the counter that is missing.

Think about it lance cav is practically non existent so are crushtrough classes. The only thing to counter the shielders (as melee) are kicks and nudges, but people want them nerfed too.

I think this comment is true about 90% of classes, almost any class ratio imbalance typically can be fixed by introducing a sort of 'predator' to said class.   
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2013, 06:37:50 pm »
+3
I think this comment is true about 90% of classes, almost any imbalance typically can be fixed by introducing a sort of 'predator' to said class.

Predator for shielders is cav, crushthrough, and shieldbreaking weapons.

Shieldbreaking weapons are available to all classes.

As a shielder for a dozen gens, I can tell you that shieldbreaking weapons make a difference.  Crack that shell!  Also, kicks are a royal (and often fatal) pain in the ass.

Ok, I will stop giving advice for my enemies now.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2013, 06:42:09 pm »
+3
Predator for shielders is cav, crushthrough, and shieldbreaking weapons.

Shieldbreaking weapons are available to all classes.

As a shielder for a dozen gens, I can tell you that shieldbreaking weapons make a difference.  Crack that shell!  Also, kicks are a royal (and often fatal) pain in the ass.

Ok, I will stop giving advice for my enemies now.
Kicks are your own fault for walking in to them and everyone walks into one every now and then, stabbing with a 1hander fucked over all kickers for me. As for shieldbreaking weapons they are quite easy to avoid and if your shield breaks it´s not the end of the world if you´ve got some good manual blocking skills.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2013, 06:51:35 pm »
+13
30% more turn rate

This is meaningless for short weapons.

, meaning more damage

No.

, less glancing

With less base damage, no.

, and faster swings

Hiltslashing is faster

( cant really miss overhead anymore )

Same point as with turn speed : the surface you can cover with an active 1h overhead is tiny.

. incredibly broken strong stab atm.

Incredibly less so than 2h

nudge that staggers long enough to get a free hit if done right

Yeah, but all nudges are bullshit IMO. It's a gimmicky feature with nonsensical limitations (cooldown)

, dousnt suffer a stabblockstun,

The exact same duration as that of 2h or pole, I don't remember which one exactly, but it's the shortest one

ballanced blunts

Because unbalanced weapons are so bad

with high knockdown chance,

About half of what the corresponding 2h knockdown weapon does

piercing swing weapons that  shine in clusterfucks

Morningstar and bec shine not only in clusterfucks

, specially when the leftswing autoaims for the head.

Fair point, although if we discussed animations further than this I don't think 1h would seem all that good

all this while being able to use a shield

Which is a marginally useful tool if we consider good players that additionally slows you down and makes you lose half a dozen skill points.

or a ranged weapon.

So, 1h are OP because they can be used as sidearm ?

shieldbash that is very effective if utelized in teamplay.

Same point about all nudges, they are stupid and too powerful

only thing they lack is long reach.

I assume you added this in an attempt to sound unbiaised

but hey they can close gaps fast with shields,

Yes, because being the slowest unit with the same amount of armor lets you close gaps easily

and the stab is effectinve up untill the tip of the animation.

The 2h stab is effective up until after the animation reached maximum extension

kicks are a decent counter but only 1vs1 and still risky, simply a no go in teamfights since kicks hold u in place...

So now a class has to have a strong counter move like kicks ? What move counters 2h or polearms then ?

weapon stuns work to but arent that reliable..   

Held overheads of weapons above 3.5 weight get stuns very reliably. Even against shields.

any feedback to disprove the opness of this class is welcome.

My pleasure

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2013, 06:55:17 pm »
+2
1h is new 2h!

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2013, 06:56:45 pm »
+1
Kicks are your own fault for walking in to them and everyone walks into one every now and then, stabbing with a 1hander fucked over all kickers for me. As for shieldbreaking weapons they are quite easy to avoid and if your shield breaks it´s not the end of the world if you´ve got some good manual blocking skills.

Kicks can be because of the skill of the kicker (it takes some skill to time it right, trust me I suck at it) OR the "fault" of the kicked.  If you are using a short 1h (which is most, but not all of the good ones) you are automatically getting into kick range.  This is an added threat that a shielder has to deal with.  It breaks the turtling and can be used very effectively.

Shield-breaking weapons will not auto-win against a shielder.  I said they help...and they do.  Most shielders don't have above average manual blocking skills, but plenty still do.  Still, breaking the shield helps.

Use whatever tools you have at your disposal.   Hey, I'm a shielder and I'm telling you what works against me.  Take it or leave it. :)

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2013, 07:04:24 pm »
Kicks can be because of the skill of the kicker (it takes some skill to time it right, trust me I suck at it) OR the "fault" of the kicked.  If you are using a short 1h (which is most, but not all of the good ones) you are automatically getting into kick range.  This is an added threat that a shielder has to deal with.  It breaks the turtling and can be used very effectively.

Shield-breaking weapons will not auto-win against a shielder.  I said they help...and they do.  Most shielders don't have above average manual blocking skills, but plenty still do.  Still, breaking the shield helps.

Use whatever tools you have at your disposal.   Hey, I'm a shielder and I'm telling you what works against me.  Take it or leave it. :)
Kicks are from a whole different dimension, sooo many factors with them. But as with most combat, everything is someone's fault.

As for shield breaking, it is definitely effective for atleast weakening a shielder,  the worse that could happen once is that you will not be used to said weapon.
Once their shield is broken most shielders are either a decent duelist or can remarkably horrible, either way without a shield they are fairly average and should die in a teamfight.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2013, 07:09:28 pm »

When I was a shielder I hardly ever got kicked,  try jumping when doing rightswings and do irratic moment try not to be predictable also thrusting every once in a while helps alot.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2013, 07:18:40 pm »
Which is a marginally useful tool if we consider good players that additionally slows you down and makes you lose half a dozen skill points.

This is a fair point a lot of noneshielders rather easly forget. You give fuckton of points as a tradeoff to use a shield properly, extra upkeep costs(if you care about that sorta thing), makes you slower and also slows your attacks. Also attackanimations with a shield are a lot more predictable, making em easier to block. Speaking from my own experience really. Sure occasionally quick notsopredictable moves come to play, but its not often. Shieldskill 3 is dooable, but mostly people wanna go higher, like 5 or something. I fight melee with a shield on my back. Always have. It feels lot more natural and free. Shield always kinda makes me feel....limited I quess.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2013, 07:21:11 pm »
+3
Sooooo a stab on par with what a pole arm and 2h sword can do is overpowered? Your fucking silly. Should of known when a man uses a peter pan character as his name

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2013, 07:21:57 pm »
1H isn't OP. This from someone who played 1H for 12 generations, 2H for the last two generations, and is now a 1H/2H hybrid. I use either weapon on my main whenever I want so I feel I am in a particularly privileged position to say that 1H is not OP.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2013, 07:25:20 pm »
+5
I wouldnt call it OP, but the stab is just frustrating as hell. Some 1h players have taken the privilege of doing 90% of their attacks as stabs. Fuck those players!