Author Topic: 7 Days to Die  (Read 902 times)

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
7 Days to Die
« on: October 08, 2013, 04:07:48 pm »
+1
Story & Premise

7 Days to Die is an open world, voxel-based, sandbox game that is a unique mash up of First Person Shooter, Survival Horror, Tower Defense and Role Playing Games combining combat, crafting, looting, mining, exploration, and character growth.

In the near future where the a third world war leaves the Earth in ruins but the worst was yet to come. Nobody knows for sure if it was the radiation, the biochemical weapons or an act of god but an unknown virus soon transforms the surviving humans into an army of the animated dead, acting as a single-minded being.

You play a survivor trapped in the savage zombie infested world of Navezgane County Arizona one of the last true Eden’s on Earth. Ironically Navezgane means “Killer of Monsters” to the Apache who have inhabited the land for centuries, and that’s pretty much what you’ll do as you fight to survive and search for the truth behind what really happened.

Core Features

The World - Explore a  beautiful, hand crafted, voxel world with a multitude of biomes including: wastelands, forests, snowy mountains, pine forests, plains, deserts, burn forests and radiation zones.
Points of Interest - Discover hundreds of great Points of Interests ranging from caves, campsites to cities and sI love youcrapers. Each and every building can be explored inside and out.
Dynamic Story Generation - The story unfolds through our “Dynamic Story Generation System” which guides the player to other survivors, better loot and undiscovered Points of Interests through story note quests.
Basic Survival - Scavenge the world for food and water maintaining and boosting health, food, stamina and hydration levels. Grow and harvest a variety of crops and hunt, track or domesticate a multitude of wildlife to live off the land.
Day and Night Game Play - Spend the day looting, mining, crafting and building up your forts defenses as light slows down and weakens the zombies. Hold up somewhere safe at night as the lunar cycle speeds up and strengthens the zombies.
Looting, Mining and Crafting - Loot and mine a multitude of items and ingredients to create hundreds of items including melee weapons, guns, traps, generators, motorized tools, motion detectors, landmines, auto-turrets, salves, potions  and more using our 5×5 grid Crafting System.
Relentless and Special Enemies - Enemies will claw, jump, climb and break their way through the world in order to get to you. They can see, smell and hear the player and can work in a group. And watch out for the unique special infected enemies like the Acid Puking Hulk whose acidic vomit can melt blocks.
Block Physics and Stability - Our Physics System simulates real-time structural integrity, durability and mass. Blocks don’t float in the air nor can you build an unsound unsupported structure. Build it right or watch it come crumbling down. Weak blocks can even fall from the weight of the player or zombies.
Item Quality and Food & Water Purity - Every item in the game has a quality level and degrades with use and combine items to create better items. All Food and water items have a purity level the higher the purity level. The higher the health and stamina benefits. Improve crafting to make better items. Improve cooking to make purer food and water.
Stealth and Distraction System - Crouch and sneak your way past enemies or throw objects to distract them. Find or craft sight, sound or smell deterrents and attractor recipes and items to exploit the sight, hearing or smell of the zombies to throw them off track.
XP and Skill Trees - Earn XP and upgrade your skills to become the ultimate Bruiser, Gun Nut, Gadget Man, Chemist or Stealth Agent. Upgrade your melee skill learning to craft better melee weapons and swing them harder & faster and even learn special finishing moves.
Solo, Cooperative and Multiplayer - Play solo, coop or multiplayer in our unique Zombie Nomad Mode be a human, a bandit or a zombie for a no rules experience. Watch the leader boards and fight to be the Big Clan of the Wasteland or the Duke of Navezgane.
Creative User Tools - Build your own worlds and play them with friends using the Creative Mode Tools featuring hundreds of block shapes, prefabs and random generation tools. Create dedicated servers with your own unique game rules and settings.
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: 7 Days to Die
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 04:24:04 pm »
looks like something i could play, how about release date and cost etc? (i was lazy to look for it by myself)
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 04:43:56 pm »
Any links or pics? Or dates?

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 04:57:01 pm »
the alpha is already out. I already have that game!
You don't need pictures, just check Youtube  :mrgreen:
You can buy the Alpha version on 7-daystodie.com !
It costs 35 Dollars at the moment...

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 05:04:47 pm »
Oh I played this abit. Wasnt too impressed tbh. But it was alpha, so I dunno.

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 05:07:05 pm »
Yeah, I like that game, but as you already said, it is just the Alpha, they're adding much more stuff there in next patches and updates.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 05:10:27 pm »
+1
I'd say it's pretty damn good for an Alpha though, from what I played.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1978
  • Infamy: 2319
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 10:42:24 pm »
+2
Recent alpha footage:

Models are going to stay the same after release, maybe they'll improve them a bit. Terrain graphics will be overhauled after release, not sure when. It won't be blocky, minecraft-ish after they improve the terrain.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 05:16:23 am »
Oh I played this abit. Wasnt too impressed tbh. But it was alpha, so I dunno.

agreed. I didn't feel like playing much of it, but it could eventually be pretty fun.

I'd still rather a I-Am-Legend (BOOK!) simulator that didn't try and be like minecraft (have everything malleable at the cost of look like shit and feeling gamey), but instead just tried to be as life-like and authentic as possible for occulus rift super immersion.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 09:34:16 am »
+1
I can't get over the curvy building walls, they probably tried to not make it all look blocky but buildings with curvy walls is just silly

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 05:55:04 pm »
A 12 minute alpha video of walking?  :?:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Hellsing

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 11:16:52 am »
Someone playing it? :)
It's truely an awesome mix out of minecraft and dayz, just bought it 3 days ago and already have more than 24 hours played  :lol:

Someone requested media stuff?:
(click to show/hide)
Screenshots: http://7daystodie.com/media/

(friendly [GER/ENG] pve/pvp server (banner is outdated), with already ~3-12 active players)
Features:
  • Vote for us on http://7daystodie-servers.com/server/7098/ and reserve an personal airdrop (once per day)
  • Write /gimme and resive an personal "gift" (it could be an zombie too, also once 24hours)
  • No griefing of other players bases is allowed, but your allowed to make yourself an path raiding this player
  • ownerblocks make things undestructable after logout (7x7)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 02:52:57 pm by Spanky_Ham »