Author Topic: Is something going to be done about the current problems?  (Read 4697 times)

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: Is something going to be done about the current problems?
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2013, 07:22:06 am »
I'm not planning to release any game and pointing me to alternatives is honestly appreciated. Maybe that's the wrong forum section though.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 07:26:34 am by Paul »

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2013, 08:13:36 am »
+3
There are issues. Not all of them can be addressed in a single patch. Some are beyond the scope of the game code.

I'm glad that we get updates at this point in the mod's life. Even just balancing items and adding a handful more every few months breathes life into the game.

My glass is half full, I guess  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2013, 09:50:35 am »
+7
Hah if only, 240 people on the server would instantly make this game twelve times better. Splitting the community further is complete bullshit at this point.

Most my frustrations with the game come from the low population playing now usually. On 60 people having 5 more people not spawning on one team than the other almost decides the round already. With 60 people on the server there is no hiding from the few Steevee's and Mendro's on the server, they always manage to pick off the high profile players. With 60 people 10 players from one clan can roll the server for hours, or 5 players from a shit clan or a clan playing troll builds can make one team lose for hours. With 60 players having 5 retards on your team that split off and get lost ensures you and the rest of your team get ganked. It's just ganking, getting ganked and getting wrecked by ranged now.

Let's face it, the mod is dying and the fact that it is dying is making me get tired of it. People have just played this shit for way too long, including me. The mod had a damn good run, but one of these days I'll do one last GTX. At least I have a new hope though which apparently shouldn't take long.

twelve times better for YOU.

Its not about splitting the community its about making the mod more enjoyable for those who seek an alternative to overfilled, clan-dominated, lagging and too serious servers.

And tbh, i really dont care about k/d ratios, multipliers, money or experience. I'm just looking for a bit of fun, which i just can't find on eu_1 as the only thing you can do there is catching arrows and listen to some overserious players saying "hahaha get a shield, my old friend" or "mad cus bad" bla bla bla.

eu4 always was the best alternative for everyone preffering a more casual yet duel-skill-based and less random battle.

and now that its gone, i just don't enjoy crpg anymore. at least not as much.

bottom line is:

not having eu4 might not split the community - but it certainly will reduce the overall crpg population. And thats "bullshit", mr. serious.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2013, 04:06:19 pm »
"mad cus bad"
Jarlek, Fin is talking about you!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2013, 05:04:45 pm »
+5
I just wish they'd stop introducing game play changes (like the new kick animation), which are broken and then they stay in the game for months because nobody is there to fix it, or release the new changes.  It's fine if you're less active, but stop introducing large game play changes if you're not going to be around to fix them when they are borked.

That's my stance...I like that they introduce new things to the game, and try to improve it, but when something inevitably is introduced that does not work, it just stays in the game for months now.  If you're not active enough to fix problems that you introduce, then the logical solution is to not introduce new game mechanics.  This isn't rocket surgery people.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2013, 05:27:56 pm »
+9
I love double xp events, not just because of the increased xp, but because of the amount of people who comes to eu1. Being one of 90 players on your team is more fun than being one of >30. My opinion, at least.

Eu4 seemed to have quite a few ranged heroes (both on and off horse) and I rarely took a char except my US Cavalry to play there. Even though it would slightly reduce the amount of people on eu1, having it back would be nice, so that people that prefer another type of play could have fun as well.

I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 06:33:51 pm »
I just wish they'd stop introducing game play changes (like the new kick animation), which are broken and then they stay in the game for months because nobody is there to fix it, or release the new changes.  It's fine if you're less active, but stop introducing large game play changes if you're not going to be around to fix them when they are borked.

Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2013, 06:40:23 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Well to their credit, the original nudge that gave you a easy freehit got fixed rather fast to a somewhat bearable thing. But that was a gigantic modbreaker, so I quess their hands were tied with that one. Other stuff isnt so much I quess.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2013, 08:57:24 pm »
+1
mod is dead

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2013, 11:25:32 pm »
Today I had no delay lags (which constantly was killing my brain since the middle of September). Have no idea whether u guys checked and fixed something or it was just my own problems. But anyway I am happy now ^^
Cheers  :oops:
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Scervo

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2013, 12:05:01 am »
Now I have no issue with the way the game is right now, it's without a doubt my favorite game right now and I am grateful for the people who made it, but I am a bit bothered by the way the two actual developers responded in this thread and I am surprised no one else has pointed it out.

A member of the community asked for some feedback from the people who run it, which does not seem unreasonable at all to me, and by those people the only responses he got was one that basically amounted to "if you don't like the current state of the game, find a new one" and another that was a sarcastic one word answer mocking the OP's question.

Yes, he (OP) could have been more specific; yes, he could have been more polite, but still, I don't think it's a very professional or mature way to handle a community.

/end OffTopicRant
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:09:56 am by Scervo »

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2013, 12:42:22 am »
+33
Mod is not dead yet. We talked about the crpg state today and will look into a few options. While the new project takes up the majority (or all) the time for some of us crpg devs we still want to do occasional patches/updates.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2013, 01:21:24 am »
+2
Harald is like the good news guy. Never saw him say something bad.

cmp and chadz, on the other hand...
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2013, 01:24:59 am »
+2
Harald is like the only guy over 18 there, he has the kind of attitude you want in dev teams, not pubescent argumentative kids like the others (except chadz ofc)
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2013, 01:35:04 am »
+1
I never met eyes with either cmp or Paul, but calling them kids because they like doing some trolling every now and then, is just dumb..