Author Topic: I switched provider  (Read 852 times)

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
I switched provider
« on: October 06, 2013, 06:38:21 pm »
+4
I used to have 35 ms now i have 100 ms I wont play this anymore and my butt hurts so much.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
Re: I switched provider
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 09:02:25 pm »
+13
If it makes you feel any better, I switched providers and went from 27-32ms to 5ms.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 09:36:35 pm »
Lucky that you guys have options. The entire ADSL infrastructure belongs to one single firm here and although there are some other smaller providers, they have to rely on that big guy's mercy to allocate them sufficient bandwidth from the infrastructure.

We got fibernet providers too but dang bastards require you to apply with some 5-10 people living in the same building before they can hook you up with it. And they don't even do it everywhere, only in some provinces and districts.

Still, sad story Djavo. I send you my bro sentiments from over here.

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 12:30:45 am »
If it makes you feel any better, I switched providers and went from 27-32ms to 5ms.

No it doesnt since I have free healthcare, I had to switch provider because they took my grandma for hostage, and demanded that I sign new contract. They also gave me one free call every month.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 05:53:43 am »
+1
No it doesnt since I have free healthcare, I had to switch provider because they took my grandma for hostage, and demanded that I sign new contract. They also gave me one free call every month.

so let me get this straight, the internet company kidnapped your grandmother and ransomed her for better internet speed?  and on top of it, they gave you free healthcare? or was that always free?  ah but they didnt give you the bundle deal on the phone, so you only get one free call.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 07:48:47 am »
Lucky that you guys have options. The entire ADSL infrastructure belongs to one single firm here and although there are some other smaller providers, they have to rely on that big guy's mercy to allocate them sufficient bandwidth from the infrastructure.

We got fibernet providers too but dang bastards require you to apply with some 5-10 people living in the same building before they can hook you up with it. And they don't even do it everywhere, only in some provinces and districts.

Still, sad story Djavo. I send you my bro sentiments from over here.

Its almost the same here. Only difference is that the company that owns most of the infrastructure is forced to share it by a state deparment that discourages monopoly

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 09:14:07 am »
+2
Well, the entire infrastructure belongs to a single company here as well. They are forced to lease it to others, but, the difference is, they are actually a good company :)

Getting my 100mb/s connection upgraded to 250mb/s this month, for free, as is everyone else using any sort of optical internet :D

They did the same with DSL connections, when upgrading that infrastructure.

Fastest internet in Europe? I wonder if we'll hit the fastest internet in the world soon... and it's still cheap :D

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 09:16:32 am »
+4
Getting my 100mb/s connection upgraded to 250mb/s this month, for free, as is everyone else using any sort of optical internet :D

Fastest internet in Europe? I wonder if we'll hit the fastest internet in the world soon... and it's still cheap :D

potato fiber low cost, mega speed

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 03:36:23 pm »
If you are ready to pay, you can contract a specialized entrepreneur and build the infrastructure to the nearest hub "yourself". It isn't even as hard as it sounds. But of course you are better associating with a fuckton of people to do it.

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 09:18:26 pm »
Well tbh I chose this, I chose not to pay to evil german T-com and instead to pay to some crappy provider. I should've known that I will trade 38 ms ping to germany for 110 ms one.
I did get iptv, free calls, double the dl speed, 10 times ul speed for same price. But that ping...

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 04:40:57 pm »
If you are ready to pay, you can contract a specialized entrepreneur and build the infrastructure to the nearest hub "yourself". It isn't even as hard as it sounds. But of course you are better associating with a fuckton of people to do it.

In 'murica I don't even think you could do that since you'd be going across so much public and private land.  Our networking infrastructure is a complete monopoly.  I wish I was around and smart enough to have been the one to build it and then basically make unlimited income afterwards by leasing it out (obviously will have to pay to keep it maintained). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy