Author Topic: Two-directional polearms are a fucking joke  (Read 6523 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Two-directional polearms are a fucking joke
« on: October 04, 2013, 08:49:35 pm »
+34
Pick any random two-directional stab focused polearm and start stabbing. Unless you are terrible you will quickly find out that the stabs are extremely quick and extremely long. Now of course the same could be said about 1h stabs and perhaps even 2h stabs, so I am willing to say that all stabs are OP. The thing is that these weapons are extremely good at stabbing which makes these weapons the most OP weapon on the server.

Most shining example is the awlpike, which is now effective to the utter tip of its reach, which is incredibly hard to spot. People will continously underestimate your reach and usually die. It goes for Ranseur and the bulk as well though. Easily the best battle weapons at the moment.

Stabs need more tweaking as in its current state I expect the entire server to go lawlpike or something similar.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
Re: Two-directional polearms are a fucking joke
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 08:58:01 pm »
+5
I second Teeth on this one, ghostreach and stabs are the cancer of this mod..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 09:00:52 pm »
obligatory hiltslash rant post.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 09:15:08 pm »
+4
it is quiet surprising that you complain about polearms teeth as you abuse them to max by yourself :D  but if polearms get nerfed somehow than something should be done with that insane 1 h stab which is worse than 2 h lolstab, atleast in my opinion.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 09:26:03 pm »
+6
I've always treated the awlpike series' stabs like Gungnir, so I've managed. The mix of the overheads and stabs that can both hit quickly make them formidable. I would agree that they're some of the best weapons in battle, but I don't think they're OP or in need of a stats adjustment. A group of stab weapons have always been able to wreck in melee.

I agree that all stabs need to be tweaked with more clearly defined inactive regions instead of the instastab and late stab we have now (especially with high base damage). I don't find any particular stab that dominating over another outside of weapon stats, so I feel it's maintaining a strange balance right now since there's always a chance of getting outstabbed.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 09:36:23 pm »
i dont mind what they are, it pisses me off how they are used.

it is practically: backpedal and spam stab untill someone misses their slash and then one shot him.

there are very few cases of pussy-play like this one.

EDIT: down-vote me more you awlpike scrubs, it doesnt change nothing.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:59:47 am by Nightmare798 »
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 09:38:24 pm »
+2
it is quiet surprising that you complain about polearms teeth as you abuse them to max by yourself :D  but if polearms get nerfed somehow than something should be done with that insane 1 h stab which is worse than 2 h lolstab, atleast in my opinion.
it is not as bad as people make it out, yeah it is powerful, but you will still glance a lot at point blank, and the glance stun leaves a lot to be desired.

at least 40% of all my deaths come from glanced stab.

edit: shit, double posted. sorry.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 09:41:08 pm »
+8
Aww come on, I always whine about the OP ness of my class when I play something OP.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 09:44:47 pm »
Aww come on, I always whine about the OP ness of my class when I play something OP.

it is actually kinda cool that you have balls to admit you are using and abusing something overpowered, and you say that it should be fixed.

respect.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 10:25:25 pm »
+1
Pick any random two-directional stab focused polearm and start stabbing. Unless you are terrible you will quickly find out that the stabs are extremely quick and extremely long. Now of course the same could be said about 1h stabs and perhaps even 2h stabs, so I am willing to say that all stabs are OP. The thing is that these weapons are extremely good at stabbing which makes these weapons the most OP weapon on the server.

Most shining example is the awlpike, which is now effective to the utter tip of its reach, which is incredibly hard to spot. People will continously underestimate your reach and usually die. It goes for Ranseur and the bulk as well though. Easily the best battle weapons at the moment.

Stabs need more tweaking as in its current state I expect the entire server to go lawlpike or something similar.

You have my respect back piker, I agree with that
but what we can do when NA balance EU
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 12:04:39 am by Rebelyell »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 11:20:59 pm »
+1
I've always treated the awlpike series' stabs like Gungnir, so I've managed.

THIS.

Awlpikes have always been this way, you just need to keep in mind that the pointy end is dangerous and that you should BLOCK DOWN.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 11:56:11 pm »
+2
Long Spear and Pike is better than 2d polearms though. I've played with pike, long spear, ranseur, spetum, long awlpike, awlpike, ashwood pike, english bill, battle fork, military fork and swiss halberd. The reach of the 1d polearms is better than the speed and the added attacking direction of 2d polearms. Damage is similar with the added speed bonus for slow weapons.

By the way, playing with a mw german greatsword feel like a slightly weaker long awlpike on the stab with much better overhead and two great side swings.  :wink:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:51:19 am by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 12:40:27 am »
+4
I agree with Teeth, especially Awlpikes are totally retarded. By far the most broken weapon in the game at the moment. They deal huge damage, have a good range and are just insanely fast. Combine this with kick spamming and enjoy the easy mode...

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 01:49:52 am »
I'm sure I'd have a lot more to say about the awlpike if it was a more popular weapon. I just don't see it that often, but when I do, I agree that it is a bit silly; especially with these crazy mega-kicks. Maybe it should be made purely one-directional?

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 03:08:42 am »
+2
Whats this insane speed everyones talking about? The awlpike being the fastest of infamous stabby polearms is on par with a GLA speed wise which I wouldn't exactly call fast. mediocore at best if anything.
What really nets you kills with an awlpike is the misperception of its actual range. That's really the only thing that needs to be adressed in some way.
As for the kicks--->you can dodge those.