343 (85.1%)
>= 10 and < 30
23 (5.7%)
< 10
6 (1.5%)
no idea, it doesn't work
31 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 403

Author Topic: cRPG Items/Armor Viewer (cRPG fashion, now with heraldics)  (Read 62947 times)

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
Re: cRPGViewer (cRPG fashion, now with heraldics)
« Reply #180 on: December 17, 2013, 05:24:08 pm »
Please make this man cRPG president!

Look at his custom title :D It seems like the overlords can still hear us!

I'm not sure if I'm fit to be a president, but thanks anyway.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

One Christmas miracle, coming up promptly  :D
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2013, 10:26:59 pm »
+3
Fixed the banner positions for heraldic armors and converted more female armors.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 23, 2013, 04:18:23 pm »
+5
Converted all female armors. If you find a bug or problem or missing item, let me know.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #183 on: December 25, 2013, 12:03:19 am »
Some notes.

If you do the mistake to upload a banner after setting your gear, youre gonna have a bad time because the page refreshes itself and makes all your set gear to dissapear.

Also, a feature to upload multiple banners at once would be nice to have.

Also, adding a tab with default hex codes would be nice, something like the c-rpg page has on the banner page.

Also adding weapons and shields would be awesome, but I take it requires a lot of extra coding, I wish I knew coding so I could help you.

My 2 cents!

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 25, 2013, 01:58:38 am »
+2
If you do the mistake to upload a banner after setting your gear, youre gonna have a bad time because the page refreshes itself and makes all your set gear to dissapear.

Could be done, would require making the server aware of the equipment choices, which it isn't at the moment. Would also be nice because you could then send links to others and it would open the Viewer with the selected apparel already equipped.

Also, adding a tab with default hex codes would be nice, something like the c-rpg page has on the banner page.

Can be done. Do I have to join a clan to see this c-rpg banner page, or can someone post a screenshot? Maybe I should just show a full color picker, when someone click on the input field.

Also adding weapons and shields would be awesome, but I take it requires a lot of extra coding, I wish I knew coding so I could help you.

I wouldn't say it takes a lot of coding (although it might require some, haven't explored weapons and shields yet). But it certainly takes a lot of manual labor that I'm simply not going to do. But I might soon describe the conversion process, so other people might give it a try (but it's quite time consuming, so I doubt anyone will take up the ball). Basically, you have to open the BRF file, export the model as .smd or .obj, open the correct DDS texture files (usually 3 per item), scale them, export them as jpg/png, import the model in blender, rotate and scale, if necessary, export the model in .js format, open the .js format in notepad and put in the correct paths to the texture files, then finally put in the path to the model into the viewer selection thingies in the viewer code file. Depending on the item, it takes between 2 and 5 minutes. So the remaining items should take between 6 and 15 hours of work to convert. Not that long, but it's tedious, repetitive work. You also have to control every item quickly in the viewer, and the constant switching between lots of applications makes you crazy after a while. That's why I trained my beard to do it. At first it was happy to have something to do instead of hanging around all day, but soon it started making demands for fair pay, and then it joined a union with other hair groups of my body, and now I have to provide them with dental plans, retirement arrangements, and all kinds of bullshit. It got so bad that I gave up on their "help" and did the last few armors myself, again.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to automate the process.

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #185 on: December 25, 2013, 02:45:53 am »
Can be done. Do I have to join a clan to see this c-rpg banner page, or can someone post a screenshot? Maybe I should just show a full color picker, when someone click on the input field.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

A full color picker like on the strat faction page would be better.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #186 on: December 30, 2013, 05:56:52 pm »
+3
Zagibu, could you add a feature that would allow us to decide if we want to have the list sorted by price(weight) or alphabetic order?

Alphabetic order is nice when you are looking for something that is red or blue or when you know exactly what you want or whatever, however I'm sure that quite a few players seek for the items that aren't ex. too heavy and all the players are also used to crpg website which sorts the items by price. Currently sorting by price would always give the same results as sorting by weight. There may be 1 exception among armours but that's a detail.

I believe that it would force you to add some sort of numerical values (like value=weight) to the items and only then it would be possible to select sorting by weight or something. I hope it's not too much work and you would consider improving your amazing tool!

Thanks for the cRPGViewer once again! It's a really nice gift to the community.

Skyrim UI

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2014, 08:00:03 pm »
+4
le bump because no sticky  :|
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 02, 2014, 08:29:38 pm »
le bump because no sticky  :|

So true.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2014, 09:06:41 pm »
Just put this topic to Guides sub-board.
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
Re: cRPG Items/Armor Viewer (cRPG fashion, now with heraldics)
« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2014, 11:40:40 pm »
+9
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2014, 01:02:44 am »
I wouldn't say it takes a lot of coding (although it might require some, haven't explored weapons and shields yet). But it certainly takes a lot of manual labor that I'm simply not going to do. But I might soon describe the conversion process, so other people might give it a try (but it's quite time consuming, so I doubt anyone will take up the ball). Basically, you have to open the BRF file, export the model as .smd or .obj, open the correct DDS texture files (usually 3 per item), scale them, export them as jpg/png, import the model in blender, rotate and scale, if necessary, export the model in .js format, open the .js format in notepad and put in the correct paths to the texture files, then finally put in the path to the model into the viewer selection thingies in the viewer code file. Depending on the item, it takes between 2 and 5 minutes. So the remaining items should take between 6 and 15 hours of work to convert. Not that long, but it's tedious, repetitive work. You also have to control every item quickly in the viewer, and the constant switching between lots of applications makes you crazy after a while. That's why I trained my beard to do it. At first it was happy to have something to do instead of hanging around all day, but soon it started making demands for fair pay, and then it joined a union with other hair groups of my body, and now I have to provide them with dental plans, retirement arrangements, and all kinds of bullshit. It got so bad that I gave up on their "help" and did the last few armors myself, again.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to automate the process.

I was almost interested in trying this but ermagerd the more I read the more I lost hope. I don't understand why you would need to scale the weapon model though.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #192 on: January 11, 2014, 10:51:17 am »
Please add those new armours :(

Offline wast

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 14, 2014, 12:01:00 am »
For some reason a handful of things show up but the vast majority doesn't.

Looks awesome, wish it would work for me.

Offline Yenward

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Stab, slash, bump - rinse and repeat.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Yenward; Guard_Dietrich_Schwarz; Guard_Lyrden
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2014, 08:45:21 am »
Not sure if that's been asked before (pardon my lazy self if it was), but there's a number of items in the viewer that aren't in the game. I'm specifically referring to the stunningly awesome (Highlander) and (Pino) models. Are those to be implemented later or were they just lying around in the file packs?
Sic transit gloria mundi.