Author Topic: Horsemy old friendchery  (Read 9261 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Re: Horsemy old friendchery
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 09:45:31 pm »
+2
HA/HX should be part of the mod.

Reducing HX reload speed was important, mainly so that the appeal of the class isn't to be OP, but to fulfill an actual battlefield role.

What I think would be a bit more reasonable is to make the Horse Archery skill never actually give the same accuracy as a dedicated bowmen.

Even if the bow options on horse are not as great as being a dedicated archer, they still need to be less effective somehow.

Traditionally horse archers were only decent at semi long range in large groups firing volleys. HA was meant for a more short to medium range where dedicated bowmen had an advantage of accuracy (not to mention a horse is a big target!)

I am not a balancing expert by all means, I can only go off my experience, but I believe it has to be a combination of either horse bumps changing and / or accuracy on horse being adjusted.

Ideally what I would like to see is horses taking damage for running people over. That way you only charge an infantrymen if its really necessary instead of using it as an abusive game mechanic.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 09:48:00 pm »
+3
Realistically, HA's were OP as fuck.

But realism is a horrible way to balance a game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 10:02:27 pm »
+2
Realistically, HA's were OP as fuck.

But realism is a horrible way to balance a game.

As a Hungarian who is well aware of their cultures military history, I support this comment +1

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 10:05:06 pm »
+2
I wish HA/HX were around in greater numbers in Strat battles, and lower numbers in regular play.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline oreshy

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Braxli
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 10:10:50 pm »
+5

True, it would be realistic if instead of 60 arrows he only carried (depending on culture) 18-40, and his bumps OHKed any and all infantry irregardless of armor at full speed...

I'll take our HA over "real ones" thank you.

...bout 60 arrow's:

"The bow's geometry allowed it to be made relatively small so it could be used and fired in any direction from horseback.[7] Quivers containing sixty arrows were strapped to the backs of the cavalrymen.  - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_military_tactics_and_organization -> Weapons -> Mongol bow.

...bout bump:

"When charging the enemy, the first three ranks fired arrows to create a gap in the enemy's formation then at about 100 to 200 meters from the foe the first ranks shifted to their kontarion lances, charging the line at full speed followed by the remainder of the battalion." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_battle_tactics -> Cavalry -> Cavalry organization and formations. a cataphract charger as an example , isn't that harmless still without a lance. (warhorse (well breeded) weight: 'round 1200 kg , horse lamellar armor 40kg , riders lamellar armor 20-30 kg (shield or not) , riders weight round 80kg = 1300-1400kg ouch.)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:24:21 pm by oreshy »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 10:25:01 pm »
+4
Well there you go then, realism is even worse. A big-o very fast armored horse capable of incapacitating targets all by itself with a rider well trained in a far-shooting hard-hitting bow with 60 arrows and a lance.

People need to stop posting "this isn't realism" threads based solely on "gut-feeling." That's fine for game balance but not for anything even remotely resembling realism. Warfare has never been ineffective nor fair, you are trying to murder the other bastard and make HIM die for his country after all...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2013, 10:31:56 pm »
+4
Pikes could be braced however, and it would be easier to make formations for infantry (both defensive and offensive formations).  Horses would be brutal if they were realistic in this game (both for the rider and the peasants getting stuck on the horse hooves).  I'd love to see the dead horse rag doll effect (where it flies through the air as a ghost) actually cause damage to people that it hits.  That would be hilarious and game breaking.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline oreshy

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2013, 10:51:30 pm »
+4
Well there you go then, realism is even worse. A big-o very fast armored horse capable of incapacitating targets all by itself with a rider well trained in a far-shooting hard-hitting bow with 60 arrows and a lance.

People need to stop posting "this isn't realism" threads based solely on "gut-feeling." That's fine for game balance but not for anything even remotely resembling realism. Warfare has never been ineffective nor fair, you are trying to murder the other bastard and make HIM die for his country after all...

you've right ..a game & realism are 2 pairs of shoes & this in fusion could destroy a balance completely. atm i find the balance in crpg not as close to perfect ..but very fine yet. crpg is also a very nice stock
of items & pieces where are historically well accurate in sense of style & description. so .. at this point, i'm really pissed off from all this w(h)ayne fred's (who arent' going under suggestions) 'bout unbalance, unrealism & unfairly at all.

along this lines .. y'all play fair, gentle, creative & with much fun, it's a game not a simulation ..there are always winner's & looser's at both like in real.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:55:33 pm by oreshy »

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2013, 11:11:26 pm »
+3
HA/HX should get a penalty for riding anything above a war horse, or even a barded horse, having HAs mounted on what is basically a tank, and just casually trotting into players then shooting hem in the back or some shit is fucking retarded.
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 01:52:31 am »
+4
If you wanna go rape some HA's or HX Javalry is the way to go, best counter to anything mounted & ranged, if you dont kill them outright with your javelins you at least dehorse them which means they pretty much dead.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 06:13:57 am »
If you wanna go rape some HA's or HX Javalry is the way to go, best counter to anything mounted & ranged, if you dont kill them outright with your javelins you at least dehorse them which means they pretty much dead.

Bloody throwers!  :lol:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 09:04:21 am »
quite the spergfest in here.

HA are fine, even almost underpowered.

I recognize the way you guys are whining and i can bet it's 2h/polearms without shield that's doing most of the complaining. "I can't catch this person, please slow him down for me devs". Just like a kid asking his father for something in tears because it got beaten in a sprinting contest. Yes, you guys are kids. Small ones.
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 09:06:34 am »
JennaHaze has tori black as a dp :(
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2013, 09:35:50 am »
+2
OP, your MRI scans came in. The prognosis... it aint' good. We can't fix this kind of thing.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline oreshy

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 01:50:37 pm »

exactly ..there's always a counterpart like this in example.