Author Topic: eu1 tonight  (Read 7473 times)

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
Re: eu1 tonight
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2013, 02:40:25 pm »
+1
Like in every life situation, the key word is: adapt.

Survival of the fittest.

Too much ranged? Play smart, plot ambushes, adjust your play style, support your ranged (I know this one is painful).

If you don't like the above options, then you should try eu_2.

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2013, 02:44:30 pm »
+9
this is how i adapt visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2013, 03:48:20 pm »
+3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2013, 03:49:16 pm »
+3
Edit: oh and please dont use highlevel players for all kinds of QQ, they dont represent the "average" players.

That's one the most glaring issues with ranged QQ in my opinion. People that are mediocre at the game don't really die all that much to ranged because they actually die in melee rather often. On the contrary, players that rarely ever lose a 1v1 in melee and do generally great in bigger fights without dying will notice getting killed by ranged like the nose in the center of your face, to the point it's really OP how easy it is to kill the very best players when you start using ranged weapons. This is the source of a lot of contradicting "facts" on both sides of the argument.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2013, 03:52:55 pm »
I am sure everyone is sick of "Nurf archers arghbhsewarhdshdgsaf!" kind of bs , because they re nerfed to death already. The problem with archers is they re always in the same team , one team with tons of ranged , other team with all 2hers and skinny ass cavs . Well I played as a hoplite recently and I was pretty tanky, but getting interrupted with peasant arrows is not fun, i have to say.

All the qqing about ranged has a point ; people are not whining about simple ranged pew pew , but they re "kiting" , even with 10kg big ass arrows, they can run faster than every decent melee guy , when they re not being chased anymore, they start shooting again.

The battle's general plan has to be like this imo ;

Ranged camps somewhere, melee protects them , cav tries to gank enemy melee so they can reach enemy ranged.

The battle's general plan at the moment ;

Ranged camps somewhere -mostly roofs- if the map is plain , they just go to the corner. melee attacks enemy melee immediately and get tons of shots , cavs move to the enemy spawn asap and kill late spawners and afkers ,  then get tons of shots.So the team with most ranged wins.

And everyone says "Get a shield lol" , you see, the problem is not with the ranged, its with the kill hungry melee scumbags , they always chase archers, avoiding the team and all the enemies, then they die and start assaulting archers in forums , what we have to do is sticking up and remembering this is a team game, you re not solo.

That's why there should not be a Multiplier but a reward system for teamplay... oh wait
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2013, 06:10:07 pm »
This thread has gone waaaaay off topic :D OP was about how lulzy and frustrating it can be when all the HA and most of the ranged get balanced to the same team for a map or two. This wasn't a nerf archery/how to combat archery thread ^^ If you want to discuss how OP massed archer is or how UP archers are or how to change the balancing system plz make a suggestion or head over to the chamber of tears  :twisted:
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk