Author Topic: [Kickstarter] DwarfCorp.  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: [Kickstarter] DwarfCorp.
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 10:08:15 am »
You're basicly asking which key concepts has Minecraft in comparison to DungeonKeeper since you dig holes into a mountain in both games... that's the same level of comparability. It's like comparing Dead Island and DayZ cuz both games have Zombies in it.

But I won't argue with you any more. You stick to your "I play the real deal... everything else is just dumb" and I gonna enjoy playing DwarfCorp. when it's available.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 01:50:17 pm »
You're basicly asking which key concepts has Minecraft in comparison to DungeonKeeper since you dig holes into a mountain in both games... that's the same level of comparability.

It's really not. It's frankly idiotic that you're trying to argue there's no similarity between them when the devs themselves openly admit that DF was a huge influence on them -- and how could they not when it's so blatantly obvious. Apparently this game even got its start as a DF modding project.

But then again the way you instantly reacted with butthurt and incoherent attacks makes it pretty obvious that it's pointless to try to have a proper discussion with you, so I agree, we should leave it here.
Don't.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 07:24:46 pm »
It looks like a dumbed-down Dwarf Fortress ripoff.
Yea, guess that is a proper way to start a discussion, with a well articulated and founded opinion, huh?

Nice.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 07:48:06 pm »
Looks good. DF took years to evolve into what it now and there's no harm in starting all over again. This already looks far more intuitive and easy to use which was always my main issue with DF.

It looks like a dumbed-down Dwarf Fortress ripoff.

In some sense, that's a good thing.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:57:40 pm by Overdriven »

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 08:51:29 pm »
Yea, guess that is a proper way to start a discussion, with a well articulated and founded opinion, huh?

Nice.

It was a perfectly simple observation, and instead of actually addressing it in any way you started making crazy assertions about my reasons for drawing that conclusion as well as misrepresenting what I meant by it, all the while trying pointlessly to deny something anyone with two eyes and a brain can instantly see. Come on, now.

It DOES look like a DF ripoff. It DOES look dumbed-down. That's all there is to it. If you don't mind that, that's fine, but there's no reason to act like I just kicked your dog because I pointed it out.
Don't.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 12:51:21 pm »
It was a perfectly simple observation, and instead of actually addressing it in any way you started making crazy assertions about my reasons for drawing that conclusion as well as misrepresenting what I meant by it, all the while trying pointlessly to deny something anyone with two eyes and a brain can instantly see. Come on, now.

It DOES look like a DF ripoff. It DOES look dumbed-down. That's all there is to it. If you don't mind that, that's fine, but there's no reason to act like I just kicked your dog because I pointed it out.
Calling something a "dumbed-down ripoff" is the same as saying it's shit. One really has to wonder why you even invested in M:BG since it's obviously a M&B ripoff.
I'm not annoyed by your opinion but by the way you waltzed in here and said the game is shit. That's what pissed me off: your fucked up attitude to something that obviously is inspired by another thing but has, beside that inspiration, not much else in common. There is no randomness, there is an actual interface, there is actual graphics, there is actual "real" gameplay - all in contrary to DF (gimme those '-' please, love you too, dear fanboys).
And on the first look, all that came to my mind was "Minecraft" in big neon letters, not DF.

...but from now on I gonna simply ignore your follow-up posts because I get the impression that all you do is jumping up and down shouting "I play DF... look at me... I'm not casual at all!" while waving your hands hysterically. Enjoy your monologue in case you're actually bothered to keep posting in here.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 01:08:43 pm »
+3
Hey look, drama.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 02:00:41 pm »
Again too late :(