Author Topic: [strat] a few ideas  (Read 171 times)

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
[strat] a few ideas
« on: July 20, 2013, 04:38:47 pm »
I've had a few thoughts:

1. Training. For X amount of time/games/ticks you get X amount of troops that can use "expensive" armor/weapons. This I noticed is something that may help small factions out being that they tend to be more active per person then larger factions.

Possible outcomes:
 less plate across the board
Less plate for all bit active groups
More people playing on the servers(so they can get plate on strat).

2. Kings tax. Simple tax removed from all transactions, takes more gold out of the game and allows for more economic armies.

Possible outcomes:
Less plate
Less open trade fiefs(factions need more gold again).

3.Massacre(possible better name). Only fight population. When done, you only gain the half of the gear -2 but the gear was only useable if under X armor stats or X price.

Possible outcomes:
Balanced population/garrison rates.
Lower tier armor so population doesn't just get wiped.
People don't just pull out troops and gear to avoid raids.

4. Changing field armies to be labeled "caravans" and "patrols". (Also limit horses in armies) only caricans can carry goods and they can only have massive amounts of horses. Patrols still move as fast as caricans with a median number of horses. Patrols have lower troop caps so if they flight an army they will most likely get wiped. (Posable armor limit for patrols & carivans)

Possible outcomes:
Allows for bandits to be more effective in strat if labeled as "patrol".
If an attempt to steal S&D is made, you have less men to fight with if caught.
No traders with 3k shiny troops and 10k crates.
2k shiny armies don't catch a trailer unless the trailer is stationary, ambush in a forest is placed or trader isn't on much to dodge.

Just a few things I have been thinking of and I thought I might as well spread the ideas. Feel free to add suggestions, criticisms or opinions.. (Also not sure if these armor/cash caps can be done)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:48:05 pm by Risen_Jack »
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.