Author Topic: Dark Souls II  (Read 70373 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: Dark Souls II
« Reply #825 on: May 20, 2014, 04:58:09 pm »
The Greatsword is great for PvP, easy to bait with and not so easy to parry the overhead attacks as it is when using r1 1handed. It is a really versatile heavy weapon and I personally love it. If you managed to land the roll stab you can get 2 r1 hits off. Due to the long windup animation still kicking in if you wait for half a sec it is pretty easy to bait those pesky r1 katana spammers into attacking then swish swosh your attack suddenly hits them in the chin.

I like it aswell but it takes some getting used to after having used the bastard sword for so long. But im all Guts'd up for it  8-)
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 20, 2014, 07:11:11 pm »
+3
guys, I just 6 shot the last giant. and killed the persuer on my first try on the platform next to the bonfire.

getting this greatsword so early sure does pay off :D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D i'm laughing so hard atm
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #827 on: May 21, 2014, 01:48:01 am »
by far the most annoying thing in pvp is people with resonant weapon and dark fog/bat staff.

people will just throw resonant weapon on a fast weapon such as katana or santier's spear (the most cheese weapon) and essentially do the same, if not more damage than a pure melee build. gg.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #828 on: May 21, 2014, 02:34:15 am »
by far the most annoying thing in pvp is people with resonant weapon and dark fog/bat staff.

people will just throw resonant weapon on a fast weapon such as katana or santier's spear (the most cheese weapon) and essentially do the same, if not more damage than a pure melee build. gg.

Try gearing for dark resist. 30+ Int and 30+ Faith, Great Magic Barrier, Dispelling Ring, Dark Quartz Ring +2, Black Witch Robes, etc all combined together hoses Resonant Weapon damage.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 21, 2014, 03:34:15 am »
Yeah, gear to counter one type of build and get wrecked by everything else, 10/10 advice.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 21, 2014, 03:39:37 am »
I tried using those resistance rings in arena depending on what I saw them buffing with and it made no noticeable difference, I guess if it's percentage based you're not going to get any use out of it if you just have the base stat resist.

Magic generally isn't so bad to avoid but there're those instances, and it happens with melee too, where you wonder how they hit you when the angle the spell fired was incorrect or the weapon/projectile doesn't even touch you. I even felt cheated in one duel where I swung and the guy was maybe 8ft away from me, although it happens more in the opponents favor usually.

Edit: Dark Fog isn't so bad if you have some moss on hand and they don't usually expect the person to just ignore it and actually use it as smokescreen for themselves.
And how!

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 21, 2014, 03:46:35 am »
+2
So I managed to finish the first Dark Souls today (Bit late I know  :lol:) found the last boss Gwyn pretty difficult with a sword and shield so I swapped to a 2H black Knight Halberd and managed to kill him in about ~10 hits (doing 300-400 damage per hit); thought it was an exceptionally good game, ragey at parts yes, but with a decent storyline, played a bit of NG+ and found out my halberd is OP as hell, (killed taurus, and stray demon in less than 20 hits).

My question is, is Dark Souls II worth the price it is currently at, or should I wait for it to come down in price (as i'm away for the entire summer)?

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #832 on: May 21, 2014, 03:48:38 am »
+1
Yeah, gear to counter one type of build and get wrecked by everything else, 10/10 advice.

Simple. Switch out elemental resist ring based on what your opponent is using, hose everything you can see.

By the way, 10 elemental defense = 1% reduction. So if you have 800 dark defense, you reduce dark damage you take to just 20%.

sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #833 on: May 21, 2014, 06:25:29 am »
Caved and bought it. Hoping the online community is decently active, 90% of my time in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls was spent PVPing and I expect this to be no different  :mrgreen:
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #834 on: May 21, 2014, 08:04:51 am »
Caved and bought it. Hoping the online community is decently active, 90% of my time in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls was spent PVPing and I expect this to be no different  :mrgreen:

It is, just don't expect to get invaded very often until NG+ and even then. The souls memory thing is kind of odd and mucks things up a bit.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 21, 2014, 08:10:52 am »
+1
Ill look into it! Ty!

I just started a new game, and I must say my plan went extremely well.

Started, got petrified something, dropped it and got pet drag remains, grabbed the morningstar, grabbed estus shard, went to kill the heide knight(kind of pointless) ran for the first bonfire in forest fallen giants, got lenigrasts key, went to cale for the house key, grabbed the estus shard in the house, went to heides tower, killed the dude with mace for bone dust, killed all the knights to elevate the platform at dragon knoght, lured the 2h knight infront walked past him to the dragonknight killed him, unlocked the bonfire, went to upgrade the estus flask with the bone dust, rushed to no mans warf, ran past all the mobs and got myself the greatsword at SL 27.

Fucking win, took me like 45 min lol.  8-)

You can run to the dragon rider and stand on the edge of the plate form and gimp him into the water and then power on from their. I did that, then went straight to the chariot and joined the blood bros and went back to the forest at lvl 22 with a hand full of red eye orbs, what fun I had >:D

----

If you get a bow you can kill the chariot after you kill the first necromancer by shooting him as he drives past. It takes a million years but it means you can be in the bloodbros after killing two boss and being level sweet FA.

If you have a few chars and some good buddies you can be a total douche and pass gear from char to char to bounce it down to your soul level. +10 everything at lvl 22 in pvp is just a terrible thing to do to anyone, only a truly horrible douche canoe would do such a thing. I had a ball.
Fammi un pompino!

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 21, 2014, 08:17:48 am »
Fuck it may as well make it three...
Fammi un pompino!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 21, 2014, 08:24:03 am »

Yeah, it's yet again one of those minmax builds. To be honest, if you don't have a weapon buff you're pretty much gimping yourself - pure melee will never do as much damage as a guy with a weapon buff. Heck, I tried a few rounds without a weapon buff and I was doing much less damage.

I do advise getting Great Magic Barrier if you have enough faith (or use sceptics spice), it's a great defense buff for all the magic shit that is flying around in arena.

In other news, I'm having fun invading in Dragon Shrine. It's hardly ever fair (for me), since they always have summons (1 out of 10 is a 1v1), but damn, so satisfying winning against multiple opponents by outsmarting them.
Yesterday I won a 1v4 (he resummoned once) and a couple of times against 1v3. Sunlight spear, while being useless in 1v1, comes quite in handy with ganks, the few times that I sniped the host while he was fighting one of those dragonshrine guards while two of his summons tried to get me 8-)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:28:31 am by Vibe »

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 21, 2014, 08:57:06 am »
You can run to the dragon rider and stand on the edge of the plate form and gimp him into the water and then power on from their. I did that, then went straight to the chariot and joined the blood bros and went back to the forest at lvl 22 with a hand full of red eye orbs, what fun I had >:D

----

If you get a bow you can kill the chariot after you kill the first necromancer by shooting him as he drives past. It takes a million years but it means you can be in the bloodbros after killing two boss and being level sweet FA.

If you have a few chars and some good buddies you can be a total douche and pass gear from char to char to bounce it down to your soul level. +10 everything at lvl 22 in pvp is just a terrible thing to do to anyone, only a truly horrible douche canoe would do such a thing. I had a ball.

I ussually kill the dragonrider on my first try so that isn't really a problem, his moveset is a laugh, easily avoidable. But I dont have the official game, sadly, so I can't play online..  :( when I manage to save some money I will buy it but untill then.. No PvP for porta.  :(

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 21, 2014, 09:05:24 am »
+7