Author Topic: BATTLEFRONT  (Read 4109 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: BATTLEFRONT
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 03:22:35 pm »
BF2 was fairly limited in terms of small arms choice, for a single faction and a single class that is.

BF2 had the stupid dolphin diving RPK with sniper accuracy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 03:29:28 pm »
BF2 was mainly about bomb diving with fighter jets anyway.

And this is also why BF2 will always remain my favorite over BF3, even if all the CoD kids qq about walking.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2013, 04:55:36 pm »
+1
BF1942 still reigns supreme. BF2 I only got on with when the mods started rolling out. Vanilla didn't particularly capture my attention.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2013, 01:25:57 pm »
+1
I can list you a hundred reasons why Bf3 is currently the highest-quality multiplayer-shooter on a bigger scale out there - EVERYTHING about that game screams "QUALITY" in your face and slaps you in it with excellence.

You can say you dont like it - and that´s fine, everybody can have their opinion - but gods be damned, you have to admit it´s one fine piece of craftmansship.

I find that hard to believe, I don't think I could think of more than 5 reasons.  :?

I'll admit, it has nice graphics. The maps can be pretty decent I guess. But other than that, nothing really impresses me. They should've rolled in a more BF2-esque direction IMO. And to be fair, I can't think of any shooters released recently with a sole focus on multiplayer, so there's not much competition for it.

Like I said, nice graphics, but other than that I can't really give it anything. The whole battlelog thing is absolutely terrible. The gameplay really isn't anything special, just feels like CoD done slightly different. But then again DICE shooters have been getting more and more CoD-esque with every release. But to be fair, I played CoD for years and absolutely hate it now, so I'm pretty biased against it. But like you said, everyone has their own opinion, if you really enjoy it, more power to you! I know I wish I could've.

EDIT: Actually just remembered Planetside 2, I actually enjoyed that more than BF3. It has the same arcade-y feel of it, and they're very similar, but I like the grand scale it has, and how there's actually motivation beyond, get kills, level up, rinse/repeat. But neither of them got much playtime from me, but at least Planetside 2 didn't cost me 100$!
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2013, 03:22:02 pm »
+1
BF2 was shit it was basically a stand alone of that shitty shitty desert combat super weapons mod. Obliterated all the nice balance aspects of BF1942.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2013, 03:40:57 pm »
I can list you a hundred reasons why Bf3 is currently the highest-quality multiplayer-shooter on a bigger scale out there - EVERYTHING about that game screams "QUALITY" in your face and slaps you in it with excellence.

You can say you dont like it - and that´s fine, everybody can have their opinion - but gods be damned, you have to admit it´s one fine piece of craftmansship.

I am going to have to disagree with the quality.  It LOOKS nice, Although everything about the game is delayed and feels unfinished.  It could of been an amazing game if they did it right, but those small things ruined it for me.

Its way better then most shooters out there, but in all honesty; PlanetSide 2 is more responsive then BF3.  Which says a lot.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2013, 05:25:01 pm »
+2
IMO Planetside 2 is a better game than BF3 in every single aspect that matters. Only if you really are after a quick 5 minutes of action from time to time is BF3 more practical. And even then, pod dropping on a hot point doesn't take that much time.

BF3 also lacks big maps (as in BF2 size at least), a proper command chain with a commander, it is filled with straight P2W and costs a total of a bazillion euros if you want to enjoy all the playable content. It is much too infantry-centric, a move away from BF2 all-too-obviously directed towards the CoD public. Planes move at snail speeds and hell you need to unlock basic stuff like flares and the fucking TV missile for attack helicopters. It forces a crappy anti-cheat bloatware up your ass and additionally requires fucking battlelog AND Origin to play.

Offline Agouri

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2013, 06:05:37 pm »
+2
Calling it now:

•Regenerating health
•"balanced" classes that don't allow any fun
•QTE based space battles
•Corridor shootan erryday, fuck open worlds
•"WHISKEY TANGO DELTA RAMIREZ FRAG THAT CHA--I MEAN DROID"

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2013, 10:51:53 am »
BF2 had the stupid dolphin diving RPK with sniper accuracy.

I am offended! :evil:

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2013, 11:42:24 am »
I don't suppose anyone played the PSP Battlefronts. They were actually pretty good and if they had combined features from all games and rolled it out as the 3rd Battlefront they would have been onto a winner. Custom characters and loadouts, hero spaceships (i.e. Millennium Falcon) and asteroid stations on space battles. I have no idea why the ability to go prone or using flying vehicles on land maps were taken out. 
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2013, 11:52:47 am »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2013, 10:27:09 am »
i wonder how they are going to handle the lightsaber combat  :rolleyes:

I thought the reason everyone ground Metro was to meet the ridiculously overblown unlock requirements.

my reason is to camp in ru base to roadkill people inside the metro with my mav..

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2013, 02:33:42 pm »
+1
i wonder how they are going to handle the lightsaber combat  :rolleyes:

my reason is to camp in ru base to roadkill people inside the metro with my mav..

With a buddy we had a little competition when playing metro on the russian side, trying to get as many kills as possible with the repair bots. The trick was to control the robot in the escalator. Iirc we also tried putting C4 on them but that didn't work.

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2013, 07:55:46 pm »
With a buddy we had a little competition when playing metro on the russian side, trying to get as many kills as possible with the repair bots. The trick was to control the robot in the escalator. Iirc we also tried putting C4 on them but that didn't work.

c4 trick was possible during the open beta tests :D

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2013, 08:08:15 pm »
I am going to have to disagree with the quality.  It LOOKS nice, Although everything about the game is delayed and feels unfinished.  It could of been an amazing game if they did it right, but those small things ruined it for me.

Its way better then most shooters out there, but in all honesty; PlanetSide 2 is more responsive then BF3.  Which says a lot.

What exactly feels delayed and unfinished about BF3 for you?

For me, BF3 is the most well polished, finished and thought out game since a looooooong time.Very few gamebreaking bugs, everything works as intended, it´s nicely realistic etc. pp.

I´ve played Planetside 2, too, but tbh, I thought it was not that good.Lots of network issues which made playing a pain in the ass a lot of times, everything feeling a bit off and the f2p model made it not that attractive to me.Some things I liked, like running up a hill with 40 or more other guys to attack something and such, but overall, it always fell back behind BF3.

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."