Author Topic: Mercing for FCC  (Read 6724 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Mercing for FCC
« on: May 26, 2013, 11:01:01 am »
Yar, we have many battles and while we usually do a pretty job at prime time of filling our rosters with faction members and friends we are happy to recruit mercenaries to fill out the roster! We pay quite well! If you apply for us and wish to receive payment please indicate as much in your application. If you do 1:1 you will receive (at least) the amount you requested. If you do poorly we may pay you less if you were asking for a large amount. If you do better than 1:1 we will pay you more than you requested and if you do exceptionally well or we achieve a particularly grand victory than we shall you pay you the maximum 1000 strat gold. For some battles at horrible time slots we also offer cRPG gold for attendance and good performance. I shall try to keep this first post up to date with upcoming battles including any special payment offers for said battles when there are any.

Check the last post(s) for new battles!

P.s. For all battles please show up on TS  (Voice.freecompanies.net) 20 minutes prior to the battle for rollcall or else you are highly likely to lose your position.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:27:48 pm by Matey »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Mercing for FCC
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 02:41:05 pm »
Holy Balls, I apply 8:39 this Sunday morning and within 45 seconds i got hired.

Damn it, Batman, are you feeding the squirrels red bull again? :lol: :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 05:37:12 pm »
Holy Balls, I apply 8:39 this Sunday morning and within 45 seconds i got hired.

Damn it, Batman, are you feeding the squirrels red bull again? :lol: :lol:

Lol, its funny I hadn't checked for an hour (was watching skyfall with trillian, disappointing - last 2 were better, too much blatant stupidity in this one for supposedly intelligent operatives) and just added you when i checked.  Got lucky there I guess.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 07:24:47 am »

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 07:39:56 am »
+4
I don't know what the experiences of other mercs have been, but I personally have been removed from an FCC roster for at least two separate large battles while I was level 30+ and in TS for roll call. You have too many favourites! Or you might just take people off who do poorly as a rule, I'm not sure. I just know that could be a pretty decent reason why you have had a problem filling rosters a few times lately. I'd like to merc for FCC sometime in the future, but it's just not worth it to sit in TS and then get removed last second for some other dude who comes in with two minutes to spare.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 08:11:37 am »
+2
I don't know what the experiences of other mercs have been, but I personally have been removed from an FCC roster for at least two separate large battles while I was level 30+ and in TS for roll call. You have too many favourites! Or you might just take people off who do poorly as a rule, I'm not sure. I just know that could be a pretty decent reason why you have had a problem filling rosters a few times lately. I'd like to merc for FCC sometime in the future, but it's just not worth it to sit in TS and then get removed last second for some other dude who comes in with two minutes to spare.

Hmm that sucks. We try really hard not to drop people who make rollcall but I guess it has happened a couple of times. I do so hate when people do that last minute sign up thing!

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 10:27:09 am »
I applied for the new ayyike battle, but as I wrote in description I might be late for roll call. Because it is 07:41 in the morning for me. If you don't remove me before 5-10 mins I'll probably be there.

I might be there for roll call too, because I really like waking up early. But you know, just in case.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 07:16:31 pm »
I applied for the new ayyike battle, but as I wrote in description I might be late for roll call. Because it is 07:41 in the morning for me. If you don't remove me before 5-10 mins I'll probably be there.

I might be there for roll call too, because I really like waking up early. But you know, just in case.

Just so you know, that's 11:41pm CST (middle of North America), on a Friday night. There's going to be a lot of NA mercs signing up.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 08:36:24 pm »
 :cry:
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 08:55:04 pm »
:cry:

Sorry.  In all fairness, I see one hander strength build with no shield skill and no riding skill and low athletics with high ping and I just worry you will get spammed to death constantly.  Maybe some other fight, but unless we are really short on na mercs or eu mercs with builds that can handle high ping, you are probably not going to get hired.  Sorry again.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 09:08:10 pm »
Of course hire anyone you want. But my class is not a weak one, you can be sure of that. Hit + nudge (+ kick as backup) can be devastating even with ping and can prevent you from falling victim to spams. STR whoring is of course the best part of it :wink:

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 09:20:09 pm »
Generally unless merc support is low, the only people across the pond who get hired are archers and xbows (especially on sieges), any other class is pretty brutal with 150 ping.  But I know whenever I do roster roll call, mercs from across the pond are always appreciated, especially when it's at odd hours.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 09:36:56 pm »
Generally unless merc support is low, the only people across the pond who get hired are archers and xbows (especially on sieges), any other class is pretty brutal with 150 ping.  But I know whenever I do roster roll call, mercs from across the pond are always appreciated, especially when it's at odd hours.

Yeah if some really good 2hers, polearms with low 100 ping come over they usually do fine too.  Its the shielders that I see most consistently having troubles doing well with high ping and a lot of that is weapon length.  That and HA, but that because HAs suck in strategus battles - not enough damage and using up good horses.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 11:40:07 pm »
Swashbucklers are a new class. We'll see it's performance in inter-continental situations soon.

Cancelled application. Good night or whatever the time is it there.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:46:54 pm by Ronin »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 06:52:30 am »
New Battle - should be fun, very defensible village

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=3889