Author Topic: Divinity: Original Sin  (Read 14195 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: Divinity: Original Sin
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2014, 10:42:44 am »
+1
am i the only one still in the city stealing from the richs , trying to catch chickens , chatting with useless NPCs regarding their lives and shooting random fireballs around?  :oops:

Dammit. Just my thing, I need this game..
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2014, 01:35:09 pm »
+3
you can grab a key at https://www.g2a.com/divinity-original-sin-steam-cd-key-global.html (no referrals) at 21 Euro (remember to cancel the G2A Shield in the cart) and the site is legit 100%.
Or you can buy directly it from steam because this game really deserve the money.

I saw fucking Jews blindly buying Elders Scrolls Online Preorder (they'r not playing it anymore) but arguing to spend 20 bucks for a Masterpiece like Divinity:Original Sin  :?.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:38:20 pm by Radament »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2014, 02:24:55 pm »
What did you expect, for people to actually have taste and discernment? What a ridiculous notion.
Don't.

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2014, 02:46:08 pm »
I am looking for someone to play co-op.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Radament

• King
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2014, 04:07:34 pm »
What did you expect, for people to actually have taste and discernment? What a ridiculous notion.

you are right but as he played baldur's gate 2 or 3 times i expected him to instabuy this game....

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2014, 04:21:05 pm »
I like that you can stealth in this game even if you have 0 points in sneaking, when it makes sense that nobody would see you. In TES etc you'd get discovered through seven walls if you weren't a dedicated sneaker.

However, it's perhaps... a bit too easy to rob people blind. You just walk behind a shopkeeper and take everything.

Also, I don't think you need to put that many points into Intelligence if you're just looking for one or two self-buff spells?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2014, 05:36:39 pm »
Well, the less INT you have the less effective your spells will be, though I guess there are some spells that it doesn't affect. Not sure if the buffs are among those, though. I guess it could be okay if you stick to low-level spells, otherwise you need to sink a lot of ability points into preventing the AP costs from becoming prohibitive.
Don't.

Offline Radament

• King
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2014, 05:58:53 pm »
+1
I like that you can stealth in this game even if you have 0 points in sneaking, when it makes sense that nobody would see you. In TES etc you'd get discovered through seven walls if you weren't a dedicated sneaker.

However, it's perhaps... a bit too easy to rob people blind. You just walk behind a shopkeeper and take everything.

stealing is very easy yes , once you are in stealth mode you can steal everything.
 even with guards around , the % you get caught is minimal and when they cought you they simply tell you to stop so you can repeat the burglary.
The most funny fail i did was in the Wizard house , i tought to be alone and i went stealing in full retard mode but then i was interrupted by the wizard himself polimorphed into a cat. i got busted , yes.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2014, 06:57:56 pm »
+1
stealing is very easy yes , once you are in stealth mode you can steal everything.
 even with guards around , the % you get caught is minimal and when they cought you they simply tell you to stop so you can repeat the burglary.
The most funny fail i did was in the Wizard house , i tought to be alone and i went stealing in full retard mode but then i was interrupted by the wizard himself polimorphed into a cat. i got busted , yes.

I've had this happen lol...I was in there KNOWING FULL WELL Arhu lived there but I didn't realize he could polymorph and he was a cat hiding behind a pillar. He caught me for the 2nd time (accidentally stole something previous due to clicking on it unintentionally) and he blew me the fuck up with lightning.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2014, 06:59:10 pm »
+1
So, i attempted to create a co-op game with someone...
(click to show/hide)

..but someone is being silly and uncooperative. :(

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2014, 05:25:57 am »
Yeah, adding some magic works great. Don't even need to add points into intelligence, 1 Aerothurge lets me turn invisible and lets my warrior start the fights from up close.

Aerothurge in general seems like the go-to for warriors; you also get Lightning Storm which does AoE damage, stuns, and then you end up at the enemies. Kind of like Vanguard in ME.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 06:34:33 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2014, 07:20:45 am »
Yeah, adding some magic works great. Don't even need to add points into intelligence, 1 Aerothurge lets me turn invisible and lets my warrior start the fights from up close.

Aerothurge in general seems like the go-to for warriors; you also get Lightning Storm which does AoE damage, stuns, and then you end up at the enemies. Kind of like Vanguard in ME.
'

Don't forget teleport! Best skill hands down!

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2014, 03:13:58 am »
+1
I've put so many hours into this game and not even close to being done with it.

Definitely worth the purchase.

I'm trying to convince some more of my irl friends to buy it so I can try out the 4 player coop mod where I could be one of their henchmen. Should be lots of fun. :)

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2014, 11:09:51 am »
+1
I gonna start over (haven't even solved the murder yet) and create a Battlemage/Wayfarer pair (maybe both Lone Wolf) and make up some nice combos with the help of the Wiki Spell list :D
I am sure there are some really cool combos possible...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2014, 03:05:02 pm »
+2
Steam says I've played for ~6 hours and I've restarted about 4 times. I've finally settled on a generic, customized fighter and wizard party after bumbling around with three other groups attempting to learn what the game is going to expect of me.

All in all I missed the tutorial area, was blown up by landmines, murdered by skeletons (although the guards tried to help), learned that animals have pockets and that sometimes your characters don't know their own or their partners gender. After getting accustomed to all that I'm ready to properly start playing now.
And how!