Author Topic: The Seige of New Ichamur and the Glorious Peasant Defence  (Read 3319 times)

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
The Seige of New Ichamur and the Glorious Peasant Defence
« on: April 19, 2013, 07:10:10 am »
+14
fix your damn game
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:25:49 pm by Kalam »
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
Re: The Seige of New Ichamur and the Glorious Peasant Defence
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 07:11:27 am »
+1
So say we all.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 07:16:29 am »
+3
It took bird brain into the negative time in order to make a decision. Down with the green bird! Remove that admin!
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Homey_D_Clown

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 07:18:38 am »
+3
it's unfortunate you guys didn't have better armor to sit afk and leech with in the unreachable spot for 2 hours.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 07:25:45 am »
+5
Ten years I was a referee for the NHAHA (volunteer) and I have never seen a bigger display of dilatory in my life. It is almost as if the admins went out of their way to waste as much time as possible JUST to say that they gave it "due process". I have handed out real life suspensions to athletes after careful review in less time and with even more unclear rules/precedents. Absolutely shameful.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 07:35:28 am »
+1
Well, I guess we'll just see how the admins respond to this!

Congratulations on another thrilling city cap, FCC!

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 07:53:57 am »
+1
Plain ridiculous.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 08:18:24 am »
+5
It took bird brain into the negative time in order to make a decision. Down with the green bird! Remove that admin!

FWIW it was Hosp leadership who decided "fuck it" even though they were playing the game as it was designed.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline Little Lord Lollipop

• Duke
  • Renown: 582
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: Frumpty_Dumpty_ATTS
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 08:19:17 am »
+5
Yeah kudos for Hosp taking the higher ground.
Dear Little Lord Lollipop
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 08:35:52 am »
+4
strat has bugs that aren't always fixed in a timely way, and strat is dying.  News at 11.

Hospitaller decided to cede the castle when they didn't have to.  They did this because they felt that using the bugs to win a hollow victory wasn't worth it.  They could have easily said "fuck it", and continued the cycle of bug abusing.

I think that's worth repeating, they (eventually) chose to give the castle up over winning.  Afterall, what's the point of winning something when no one cares or plays?

People are bitching about how long it took to come to a decision; please realize that this was a shit situation that was one big gray area where no admin decision would have been received happily from everyone.  Think of the end result as a compromise, both sides didn't get everything they wanted, but the end result of the battle was changed.  Also blaming Canary is dumb, not only was he not the only one discussion things, admins shouldn't be put in a situation where massive strat bugs force them to choose who wins and who loses in the first place.

The light at the end of the tunnel is maybe both sides can try to stop abusing things like this for the sake of winning.  Obviously we all want to win, but this is a situation where you have to ask yourself "at what cost?".  We're the c-rpg community, and we aren't that big.  If you are a dirty snake who abuses known bugs to win, you're going to find yourself short on playmates.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 08:44:54 am »
+1
I was absent from the battle.  Does anyone have any logs of actual admin messages?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 08:50:47 am »
+4
How about one of you idiots explain what actually happened for drama/breaking bullshit news of how cRPG is a garbage game so we can actually be informed instead of just bitching about something nerdy with zero context
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 08:56:27 am »
+4
strat has bugs that aren't always fixed in a timely way, and strat is dying.  News at 11.

Hospitaller decided to cede the castle when they didn't have to.  They did this because they felt that using the bugs to win a hollow victory wasn't worth it.  They could have easily said "fuck it", and continued the cycle of bug abusing.

Congratulations to Hospitallers for taking the high road. I do not think anybody has a issue with them or how THEY handled it.

People are bitching about how long it took to come to a decision; please realize that this was a shit situation that was one big gray area where no admin decision would have been received happily from everyone.  Think of the end result as a compromise, both sides didn't get everything they wanted, but the end result of the battle was changed.  Also blaming Canary is dumb, not only was he not the only one discussion things, admins shouldn't be put in a situation where massive strat bugs force them to choose who wins and who loses in the first place.

Please spare us the tired argument of admins being placed in bad positions, wherein they have to hurt somebodies feelings. The position you volunteered for is one where you can not always make somebody happy, if you can not accept that, then perhaps you are in the wrong position. Also who else should be blamed? Canary was the highest ranking admin in the server, it is his position to make the tough calls that the other admins can not or will not make. Expecting people to actually do what they volunteered for is not that unheard of.

The light at the end of the tunnel is maybe both sides can try to stop abusing things like this for the sake of winning.  Obviously we all want to win, but this is a situation where you have to ask yourself "at what cost?".  We're the c-rpg community, and we aren't that big.  If you are a dirty snake who abuses known bugs to win, you're going to find yourself short on playmates.

Who exactly are you accusing here? Coming from a admin no less. Do you, MrShine, have proof of somebody abusing bugs? If so, why are you not enforcing the rules then?

That we even got into this situation is a sad display of the general lack of consistent leadership from our admins and even more of a lack of attention/caring from the developers.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 09:06:34 am »
+2

Who exactly are you accusing here? Coming from a admin no less. Do you, MrShine, have proof of somebody abusing bugs? If so, why are you not enforcing the rules then?

That we even got into this situation is a sad display of the general lack of consistent leadership from our admins and even more of a lack of attention/caring from the developers.

Pretty sure that "enforcing rules" seems to get you deadminned/threatened to be permabanned in this community.  The devs are ignorant and the admins are all shamelessly petty and corrupt or obsessed with internet Power due to failed real lives (or use the position to pursue pedophiliac urges with impunity despite warning the heads of the game).  Expect nothing to ever be done about anything remotely attempting to enforce fair rules and fun in the game unless you bribe admins with cRPG gold/looms or are in a clan with them.  I'm dead serious.

Fuck Admins.  Fuck cRPG.  Play Other Games 2013.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 09:10:35 am »
+3
Typical Smoothrich, trying to paint himself a martyr in a situation that has nothing to do with him and bring attention to himself.

The devs are ignorant and the admins are all shamelessly petty and corrupt or obsessed with internet Power due to failed real lives (or use the position to pursue pedophiliac urges with impunity despite warning the heads of the game).  Expect nothing to ever be done about anything remotely attempting to enforce fair rules and fun in the game unless you bribe admins with cRPG gold/looms or are in a clan with them.  I'm dead serious.

This, however, does hold some truth to it.