Author Topic: Knockdown Evolved and Resolved?  (Read 733 times)

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
Knockdown Evolved and Resolved?
« on: April 14, 2013, 07:04:38 pm »
+3
ok i have this idea to make knockdowns more bearable, blocking while knockdown, now hear me out!

right, overhead blocks only, no side swing blocks, no stab blocks, just overheads.

you see most of the time when you knock someone down you tend to always do overheads automatically, so this will sought of give a bit of chance to the guy who is on his ass,  so the people who do an overhead to there so much deserved knockdown free hit can actually get blocked if they overhead a wiseman with concentration. plus if you manage to get hit with an overhead while you are on your ass you deserve to be hit for not watching your enemy swings. crush-through weapons still hit through obviously and let it be made to chamber an overhead while you are knockeddown, if you do get earned a knockdown just by "hitting" an enemy like any normal swing and want to still get that so earned free hit then you must take thee initiative to swing sideways or stab, id say stab would be most effective.

this is just an idea to knockdowns if you have anything you want to suggest further then post a comment please, i do know about the "Just Remove Knockdown Completely" comments that will be coming so ive come prepared for that in the spoiler.

(click to show/hide)

this isn't a thread about removing knockdown just an idea to evolve it and make it less harsh on the player that gets pushed on his ass by a DIY hammer.

and finaly a little video demonstration (Sought of) to settle your brain from reading all this nonsense eh? Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fRK3bJtDAjg#t=64s

Saxon

Small Print: I can't help with adding and implementing this idea into the cRPG Module, i am sorry.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Knockdown Evolved and Resolved?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 07:38:06 pm »
Sounds nice

Edit: what about the shields?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline //saxon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 07:50:33 pm »
Sounds nice

Edit: what about the shields?
ah shields, well someone else can think of an idea of such matter :D

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 08:34:27 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fRK3bJtDAjg#t=64s

nerf hoplites  :lol: 

More seriously,  that would be a nice idea to make this feature , that's almost impossible to block when you are on the floor :/

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 12:52:41 am »
Okay, only if melee damage is increased up to the point someone with 70 body armor and 100 HP dies in 6 standard hits from a current 30c weapon.

You are often forced to use overheads because the instant you net a knockdown on someone all your teammates in a 5 meters radius will stop everything they were doing and will try to get a hit on your victim, even if there are 3 other teammates in the way.

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 06:25:28 pm »
Prefer a short roll or something...so you could still be completly fucked, but there is that bit of hope to reduce the rage. Also, inducing the roll makes you take longer to get up and block. So, use it wisely.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 09:50:30 pm »
Knockdown is annoying but I don't see a need to change it personally.

Although, what if the person that got knocked down had a shield?  You seemed to have left them out of your idea.

EDIT: I just spotted Ronin's edit.

I don't really have anything to add to this since I think it is not needed.  If anything, a system that depends on how much weight you have determines how fast you get up (I think thats already implemented somewhat though)

Offline //saxon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 09:53:55 pm »
well shielders? if they get knocked down then they got hit, they have a shield and failing to just click the block button once to auto block any attack then they deserve to be knocked down. i don't think they should be able to use their shield. but maybe some disagree

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 10:11:54 pm »
+1
well shielders? if they get knocked down then they got hit, they have a shield and failing to just click the block button once to auto block any attack then they deserve to be knocked down. i don't think they should be able to use their shield. but maybe some disagree

I don't get your point. Failing to block with a shield is a failure, failing to block with a weapon is not ?

Offline //saxon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 10:42:51 pm »
I don't get your point. Failing to block with a shield is a failure, failing to block with a weapon is not ?
well with a weapon, it requires the right direction, shield you just click once and block anything. so because it is easy to block hits as a shielder getting hit is pretty bad and deserves punishment.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 11:33:10 pm »
well with a weapon, it requires the right direction, shield you just click once and block anything. so because it is easy to block hits as a shielder getting hit is pretty bad and deserves punishment.

I'm pretty sure they get hit...

=/

If you are saying that they need to take more damage then you need to understand that shielders give up stats to use shields.  So they already have less health then a 2h or a Polearms user (For the most part)

Once again, going to say this now.  I still don't think this whole thing is neccasary.  I am merely just trying to make sense of your idea.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 01:16:16 pm »
If this were implemented, I wouldn't mind shields to be disarmed so shielders will be able to use their weapon to block.

One of the many things about vikingr I liked was disarm function.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 01:41:28 pm »
+1

People with longer weapons can jump out of reach without even blocking, getting hit when you can do that is a real failure. Also with a weapon you block any side swing that collides with your weapon model before colliding with your body, implying that you can block people that are on your side (and in fact, almost completely behind you) by blocking in the inversed direction, which won't work with shields. Heavy shields also have added delay, while light shields are subject to blockstun. Shields also slow you down, further pushing the issue of reach.

My point is, we have been playing this for years. Getting hit because you blocked the wrong direction is almost a rare event nowadays.