Author Topic: DayZ Standalone  (Read 56461 times)

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
Re: DayZ Standalone
« Reply #345 on: April 24, 2014, 03:07:38 pm »
+1
Well, modern guns are extremely accurate, but you miss because your aim was fucked up somehow :D

And a human can't be 100% accurate. And pointing a thing with your mouse cursor is easy. But the bullets can't always fly exactly to where you point your mouse, right?

-So either they have to add a random inaccuracy to the guns (the most accurate ones, and even a basic assault rifle should be pin point accurate on insane distances, when held still (mechanically) and aimed correctly).

-Or allow the player to somehow get close to the "real" experience of firing a gun. When you are experienced you'll know if you missed the moment you fire the gun. Simply the way you pull your trigger might give you an offset, not to mention the jacket, combat vest and the straps of you backpack are making it extremely hard to support the gun against your shoulder = can't control the recoil properly. So I guess they are trying to let player to get better feeling over the matter by making it harder to point your mouse at the enemy :D  If you weren't able to keep your crosshair at the enemy, you missed. If you can't aim correctly in real life, you'll miss too.

Still not saying the current system on DayZ is working perfectly, but that's something they are probably after.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 12:49:54 am by Lennu »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 24, 2014, 06:08:01 pm »
Or you could make the gun wobble a bit if aimed standing.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 04, 2014, 01:52:06 am »
+1
Okay, so, been playing DayZ again. Now that the mouse accel is gone, it's a lot better than the mod was. Quickslots are great, weapons don't get stuck on doors so CQB is possible, etc etc...

However, one MAJOR con: can't find anyone! Seriously. In the mod, you had Stary Sobor and the Airfield where everyone went for high-end loot, and as a result they were interesting and dangerous to loot, and also good for being a bandit. But now in the stand-alone, and I suspect that is the reason, military bases and camps are everywhere so the players are super spread out. I've had my character alive for 15+ hours, I've ran everywhere on the map almost, most places multiple times (airfield, Stary Sobor, Balota airfield... even went to the two biggest coastal cities, NOBODY there on a full server, wtf? Used to ALWAYS find people there on the mod) and sweet Jesus, I've only seen two people. One of them was on the coast and just spawned, one I saw briefly in some random village before he disappeared. To compare, if I'd done the same route in the mod I'd have ran into ~50 people, easily. And these are full servers...

Is there a new hotspot people go to, or are we just going to have to wait for a patch to add something that can only be gotten from 1-2 places? Because you can only loot the same buildings so many times carefully until you get super bored after not seeing players in forever. And because there's not much loot right now, you get the best stuff after one Airfield trip...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:55:21 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 04, 2014, 02:15:50 am »
Elektro is usually the place I end up getting shot, but you're absolutely right. It's really hard to find other players. Only "high end" loot are long range scopes that seem to only spawn on the ATC towers.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 04, 2014, 02:48:04 am »
http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/190897-would-you-like-spawn-points-spread-out/

Apparently Berezino is where everyone spawns now, or very close to it. They removed most of the other spawns it seems..
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 04, 2014, 03:09:44 am »
Okay, so, been playing DayZ again. Now that the mouse accel is gone, it's a lot better than the mod was. Quickslots are great, weapons don't get stuck on doors so CQB is possible, etc etc...

However, one MAJOR con: can't find anyone! Seriously. In the mod, you had Stary Sobor and the Airfield where everyone went for high-end loot, and as a result they were interesting and dangerous to loot, and also good for being a bandit. But now in the stand-alone, and I suspect that is the reason, military bases and camps are everywhere so the players are super spread out. I've had my character alive for 15+ hours, I've ran everywhere on the map almost, most places multiple times (airfield, Stary Sobor, Balota airfield... even went to the two biggest coastal cities, NOBODY there on a full server, wtf? Used to ALWAYS find people there on the mod) and sweet Jesus, I've only seen two people. One of them was on the coast and just spawned, one I saw briefly in some random village before he disappeared. To compare, if I'd done the same route in the mod I'd have ran into ~50 people, easily. And these are full servers...

Is there a new hotspot people go to, or are we just going to have to wait for a patch to add something that can only be gotten from 1-2 places? Because you can only loot the same buildings so many times carefully until you get super bored after not seeing players in forever. And because there's not much loot right now, you get the best stuff after one Airfield trip...

Xant, didn't you know DayZ is a survival simulator, everyone is in the forest hunting game and living on berries and roots and shit. It's what the game is about, lol noob this isn't CoD

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 04, 2014, 04:14:13 am »
Ran to Berezino, there was a clan all with best military gear in ambush positions along the coat between Berezino and the town under it. Can see the game lacks content... not that I'm complaining, mind, it IS alpha and they have a good core built now. But won't get very fun until they add stuff that's worth looting (which also creates more balanced PvP, as opposed to bored kitted-out players camping the coast in a group of 5)
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Weren

• Duke
  • Renown: 588
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: irc://Weren
« Reply #352 on: May 04, 2014, 07:52:35 am »
Only "high end" loot are long range scopes that seem to only spawn on the ATC towers.

Huh, I see them lying around on the floor of military tents all the time.
Free speech is about to become terrorism.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 04, 2014, 08:17:15 am »
Huh, I see them lying around on the floor of military tents all the time.

Oh yeah, scratch that. Military tents spawn loot nowdays  :lol:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 06, 2014, 08:58:11 am »
+4
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #355 on: May 06, 2014, 09:07:44 am »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 06, 2014, 10:36:44 am »
NE airfield is apparently the new NW airfield. On 10 pop servers you have 2+ people there almost without fail. Don't even know how crowded it is in 40 pop servers. And nice hills for sniping.

And that Vibe gif... those kinda things make things so hard in DayZ. Never know if it's lag or if you missed or if your weapon is gay or if you hit the legs or...

I've had some ridiculous deaths where I empty an SKS clip from 1 metre into someone, only for them to turn around and shoot me.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 06, 2014, 10:41:04 am »
Yeah, such shit happens even in Arma 3. Their engine is just fundamentally fucked, sadly.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 06, 2014, 10:51:19 am »
Isn't one of the reasons for SA so rocket can rework the multiplayer infrastructure? So maybe it'll be better in the future. Also, that gif seems to be from NE airfield too, and after writing my last post I joined a 5 pop server and saw two guys there immediately. Guess I know where I'll go for my player hunting from now on
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 06, 2014, 11:05:43 am »
It sure sounded like they can rework, but will they go so deep? I'm imagining that it's tremendous work to fix something like that, if it's even possible without fully reworking the engine.