Author Topic: Is there a strat reset coming soon?  (Read 3923 times)

Offline Sir_Winston_Churchill

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisian Freedom
  • Game nicks: MC_of_Frisia
Re: Is there a strat reset coming soon?
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 07:11:50 pm »
+2
If strat does get reset I hope that the neutral fief system is brought back instead of the voting system as it would bring a nice change of pace. Running around trading and having huge battles is nice and all but I kinda want to see peasants bashing it out in hard-won fights :D

Offline KillerofFlowers

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Emperor_KillerofFlowers
  • IRC nick: KillerofFlowers
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2013, 02:49:10 pm »
+1
For when a reset does happen, take the best of the new strat and old strat. I think instead of the voting it should go back to the old system and take ai fiefs. Now the biggest problem with that is that people wouldn't show up to defend. So instead allow admins that sent on the faction that's attacking manage the hiring on the defense side so it could get a full roster. I liked the new way if voting for the fief and would be ok with it again but it allows bigger clans to claim a large area right away and the smaller clans could get screwed because the fief you wanted is to far away to win a vote for.

I like the new trading because you don't need to sit there for days making trade goods. Buying them is easier and faster. I noticed eu manager their fiefs better with prosperity than na did, and it allowed eu to trade better than na. Could also be that eu had more fiefs than na.

I would like to see more fiefs back to the na map aswell. Maybe a few more isolated fiefs farther to the edges so w.e clan that gets then could use them as trading places and make good money off of it.

I did this on my phone so could ing really proof read, hopefully I can edit it later.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2013, 08:26:52 pm »
+3
the old system wasn't perfect, the new system isn't either, going back to the old AI fiefs i wouldn't like either.
It had been suggested before. After a reset, all who are logging in within a week for example would be part of a automated and randomized fief distribution, that could lead to a complet new set of claims of factions. Factions can't just ignore having a few fiefs straight away from the beginning and they would fight over those. Single player if enabled more, may also be able ot hold those for a time, till the factions have formered and gained enough strength to take fiefs. Some factions may need to start without fiefs others no matter if smaller of bigger faction may start with a couple of fiefs. So no voting and also no ai fiefs but complettly randomized asigned fiefs.

before the NA map would get more fiefs i would prefer an asian map part, also depending fief amount depending on the asian player pool.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2013, 09:24:00 pm »
+3
So no voting and also no ai fiefs but complettly randomized asigned fiefs.

Would also vote for a 100% random fiefs distribution at start, a bit like the lottery system. Maybe add a maximum fief distribution to not have someone earn more than a fief :)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2013, 12:47:26 am »
+1
Honestly, I much prefer the newer voting system, I never liked seeing every city be factionless, large factions had a few villages and MAYBE a castle. 

Ideally I want to see a strategus with a new equipment system, I'm really sick of the current production point setup.  Along with that comes the current trading system, most people spend their entire Strategus career worrying about how much S&D they have in their fief, and that's not fun.  I miss the old days when I could walk into any fief and just buy whatever the fuck I wanted and have it be the same rank as what everyone else would be using, you can't do that anymore because every default item is at -2.  There's a number of things that can improve this, but I'm not sure which one is the best.

Aside from all of that, there's not much else I'd change, aside from what I've posted about before.  I want new ways to participate, I'm tired of it being TRADE AND WAR 2012 - 2013

I want new ways to earn gold, new ways to recruit troops, new ways to get equipment, more things to do in general.  It's so repetitive and tedious at this point, GIVE ME MORE TO DO!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2013, 01:14:44 am »
Artyem, strat is a browser game where the only thing that matters is numbers (how much gear/tickets/S&D/members) always has been and always will be.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2013, 01:25:18 am »
+1
Artyem, strat is a browser game where the only thing that matters is numbers (how much gear/tickets/S&D/members) always has been and always will be.

Thats how it is actually but the developers can tweak it here and there and give players like Artyem (and me) a much more fun experience, I think its possible.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2013, 02:09:00 am »

Egan, while I appreciate that you took time to write a response to me, I fear that your point is lacking in basic facts to back it up.

In Strategus round 3, they added in the ability to craft, which I think was actually pretty genius of them.  That way, you could participate in Strategus as a key component without the hassles of building the same armies over and over and over again.  In Strategus round 2, you could buy any gear from any city, no need to worry about finding which fief has what gear, it didn't matter.  The point is, they can easily tweak it and modify it to make it more appealing to more people, not everyone wants to stress over S&D and how many cookie cutter armies they can throw together in a day.

In early strategus, there wasn't even trading, you just went out and murdered AI fiefs until you had enough gold and troops to go out and murder each other.  Numbers are important, there's no doubt, but many more forms of participation could be added while keeping the same guidelines, it's been done before.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2013, 04:40:32 pm »
+3
Egan, while I appreciate that you took time to write a response to me, I fear that your point is lacking in basic facts to back it up.

In Strategus round 3, they added in the ability to craft, which I think was actually pretty genius of them.  That way, you could participate in Strategus as a key component without the hassles of building the same armies over and over and over again.  In Strategus round 2, you could buy any gear from any city, no need to worry about finding which fief has what gear, it didn't matter.  The point is, they can easily tweak it and modify it to make it more appealing to more people, not everyone wants to stress over S&D and how many cookie cutter armies they can throw together in a day.

In early strategus, there wasn't even trading, you just went out and murdered AI fiefs until you had enough gold and troops to go out and murder each other.  Numbers are important, there's no doubt, but many more forms of participation could be added while keeping the same guidelines, it's been done before.

In strat 3, you could craft. But, I don't think it did much. Basically every faction had dedicated crafters who had very high skill in specific items. So those people would craft those items for everyone in that faction, and what you didn't have high points in was outsourced to other parties like bale for shields and one handers, Palatro for cav robes. I had about 70% in +3 rus cav boots so I made a lot of those for different factions. There was no S&D, but crafting went down the more people were in your town, so while the map was more open to traders then it is in this strat, it was still pretty limited. The crafting also put a pretty high demand on having veteran players that had high crafting skill and put newer players at a disadvantage. But if you were too old of a player you were screwed also, since over level 31 players couldn't get the chadz text. It also limited your ability to wear different things in the regular servers, because you wouldn't want to lower your crafting skill in area of expertise.

In strat 2, faction size mattered much more because there wasn't the limitations of strat 3 and 4, you just needed more members to gain more tickets and gold.

So I guess I disagree, while things have been different between strat iterations, it is the same principle in all of them with slightly different variations to achieve this goal. In the end it all boils down to tickets and gold. Since individual skills don't matter nearly as much in strat battles, the faction/side of the battle that has more gold/tickets will be able to grind out the other side, unless someone fucks up. (*Cough* *Cough* Ecko putting all the gold into one fief *Cough*)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2013, 01:04:47 am »
+1
I agree, crafting wasn't perfect, but it stands as an example of how they can make the game more varied, and much more interesting for people who want more shit to do.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2013, 03:01:17 am »
+1
yeah you think strat is slow now with stuff..... Crafting was hella slow then. As egan said (thanks for the shout out egan!!) I made 1 handers and shields pretty well and cheaply. Making 1000 of each would take me days. and that was just sword and board for your army. not your armor or weapons, horses etc for the army.

I did make a nice amount of crpg gold from that strat. FCC's falling to pieces nice vacation at a beach resort in Dantooine, gave me time to pad my bank account selling weapons on the black market
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:12:16 am by BaleOhay »
Leader of BS

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2013, 03:10:04 am »
+2
yeah you think strat is slow now with stuff..... Crafting was hella slow then. As egan said (thanks for the shout out egan!!) I made 1 handers and shields pretty well and cheaply. Making 1000 of each would take me days. and that was just sword and board for your army. not your armor or weapons, horses etc for the army.

I did make a nice amount of crpg gold from that strat. FCC falling to pieces gave me time to pad my bank account selling weapons on the black market

FCC didn't fall to pieces, we had a nice vacation at a beach resort in Dantooine.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2013, 11:49:39 am »
+3
I would certainly not wanna see reset. Quincy Clan is enjoying being a small faction that tries to survive among the sharks. So much fun u cant imagine - diplomacy here, diplomacy there, bribe here, bribe there. Game of Thrones anyone?
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline KillerofFlowers

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 43
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Emperor_KillerofFlowers
  • IRC nick: KillerofFlowers
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2013, 01:44:15 pm »
I would certainly not wanna see reset. Quincy Clan is enjoying being a small faction that tries to survive among the sharks. So much fun u cant imagine - diplomacy here, diplomacy there, bribe here, bribe there. Game of Thrones anyone?
Good show

Offline BoneSaw

• Earl
  • Renown: 301
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (HoC) Green regime
  • Game nicks: King BoneSaw
  • IRC nick: Glorious Supreme Leader Democratic People's Republic of HoC
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2013, 05:10:47 pm »
I haven't even used my Bonesaw Youth divisions yet!