Author Topic: Is there a strat reset coming soon?  (Read 3922 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: Is there a strat reset coming soon?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 03:42:35 pm »
+2

That's what I've been waiting for actually...please hurry :)
You are aware inviting DRZ , they take serriously :) as does Grey Order :) seen it often enough, strat 2.0 Bandits trolling Grey Order to coem and get them , next thing you know , no Bandit fief anymore ^^.  Strat 4.0 Eastern giving DRZ crap over being inactive, next thing SLezhk Castle needed to be taken back *mrpf*   :|

but NA/EU war may be fun, not that i want it on my plate, as the ping difference i accept formost as neutral for XP, but now i am lvl 36 and i will certainly erm take part less in these not so much enjoyable fights, at least not at times when i should really sleep ^^^

@OP
Reason for reset sofar as i know mostly had been gamebreaking bugs which have gained unfair adventages to factions using those without devs/admins being able to referse those effects. Otehr then that, implementing new bugs erm i mean new features would be the next reason for a reset. Also, as otheres mentioned, even if Hosp and others from their friends would get compeltlly wiped, then there are at least 2 big factions left on NA, who could a) go against each other or b) install other new factions and enable them to wage wars in the future or c) i have seen a fare share of comebacks in this game *sigh* Nords *sighdeeeply*
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 03:53:31 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

I just want all of NA to get their shit pushed in because EU is master race
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline KillerofFlowers

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 43
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Emperor_KillerofFlowers
  • IRC nick: KillerofFlowers
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 05:05:14 pm »
+1
It's true comebacks do happen. I'm not so much saying that I want a wipe because are still plenty more armies that can fight each other. I was just mainly looking for a response from a dev to find out what their plans on or if they were even considering it. I do agree that if they do decide to wipe whether its tomorrow they decide or 4 months from now they should give a months warning.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 05:49:37 pm »
Just wondering because this strat has been up for more than 6 months now. I don't know how eu is doing but in my opinion na is about ready if Hospitaller loses this war. I know some people are probably gonna say i made this post just because we were wiped. Its partially the reason. I just want to know if there really is a point to restart the grind part again if its just going to be reset after we have built up some gold.

Ya NA will probably become stagnant if Hospitaller loses. Thats pretty much what it comes down to on NA, its over when Hospitaller wins or loses the current strats everyone vs Hospitaller war its the way it was last time except it still took along time to reset even after Hospitaller had won. Its unlikely the other clans will fight one another, by that i mean some combination of a war between FCC/TKOV/Fimb whatever, these 3 are the largest/strongest clans now with occitan badly wounded and hospitaller with their membership being largely inactive, if they were on a map with just themselves they probably wouldn't even fight then. Still they traditionally dont reset untill they have more features to add.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 06:03:42 pm »
Ya NA will probably become stagnant if Hospitaller loses. Thats pretty much what it comes down to on NA, its over when Hospitaller wins or loses the current strats everyone vs Hospitaller war its the way it was last time except it still took along time to reset even after Hospitaller had won. Its unlikely the other clans will fight one another, by that i mean some combination of a war between FCC/TKOV/Fimb whatever, these 3 are the largest/strongest clans now with occitan badly wounded and hospitaller with their membership being largely inactive, if they were on a map with just themselves they probably wouldn't even fight then. Still they traditionally dont reset untill they have more features to add.

If it came down between sitting on my ass in Fimbulvetr and fighting someone, I'd take the latter. I've made great friends and good allies with them, and I'd be hesitant to turn my back, but my momma didn't raise no coward. Even if it were to mean my faction's brutal destruction, I'd pick a fight.

Remember, me and my clan were engaged upon first by Hero Party and Les Chevalier Occitan. Yes, Hero Party had a pretty legitimate claim to COME AT US BREH, but I intended no quarrel with them. I certainly did not go with another faction's wishes to fight them.

Strategus is fun because of its political elements, but is more fun because of its fightin' and battles. I enjoy planning and reacting on the fly to an enemy more than planning and reacting with some goal in mind of being with the "winning side"

Besides my faction's first (of many, it seems) conflict with Teutonic in which they could have absolutely shat in our mouths, we've not really been in danger of losing a conflict in Strat. The only reason we didn't get shat on (I think) is that I made some big talk about being an absolute pain in the ass to them and their trade if they took our humble village. It would be nice or at least interesting to be on a side with a good chance to lose.

Edit: In addition, you should not make the assumption that FCC and VE are close allies. During coordinatory (is that a fucking word?) meetings with the three factions in this block, VE admitted to coming very close to engaging upon FCC instead of LCO. Of course, FCC and Fimb have worked very closely (and plenty probably consider one or the other "vassals"), but that's simply because we are engaging the same enemy at the same time. It's unlikely that we would fight eachother after (if?) hospitaller is taken care of, but far from impossible.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:08:14 pm by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 10:19:39 pm »
Edit: In addition, you should not make the assumption that FCC and VE are close allies. During coordinatory (is that a fucking word?) meetings with the three factions in this block, VE admitted to coming very close to engaging upon FCC instead of LCO. Of course, FCC and Fimb have worked very closely (and plenty probably consider one or the other "vassals"), but that's simply because we are engaging the same enemy at the same time. It's unlikely that we would fight eachother after (if?) hospitaller is taken care of, but far from impossible.

Wow,I actually though Fim, was more closely ingrained with their Blue Brothers, Rather than the Red Menace!
(Yes I intended the statement that way)

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 11:28:29 pm »
+8
Hi we are the FCC.... We fight.

IF and when we ever find ourselves without anyone to fight we will find a way to build a rocket and invade an alien planet
Leader of BS

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 02:17:39 am »
+1
Ahem. Chaos. Ahem

Ahem. HP Ahem.

And I do believe..... Ahem Tundra peeps Ahem
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Jon Agony

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 02:26:11 am »
+1
Strat isn't over just because one block takes out another, it's over when bugs are fixed, etc. It's not like there are not going to be armies, factions, and so on still existing. Just stop thinking of factions/alliances as static entities that can never, ever change even when circumstances do.

YEAH! ... I said that because he likes my food thread  :cry:

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 06:03:28 am »
+2
I hope they reset strat, I love working with the people I have been, but I want to be a fucking NOMAD!

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 09:47:39 am »
Hi we are the FCC.... We fight.

IF and when we ever find ourselves without anyone to fight we will find a way to build a rocket and invade an alien planet

Don't give away our plans...

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 12:01:01 pm »
+2
Dont reset before Epic is in closed beta  :)

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 01:50:09 pm »
+2
I am still just gonna keep hoping for FCC and TKoV to go to war.

This! I would grab Kesh so hard by her pony tails and ride her to victory!  :D
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline KillerofFlowers

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 43
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Emperor_KillerofFlowers
  • IRC nick: KillerofFlowers
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 03:52:46 pm »
+1
This! I would grab Kesh so hard by her pony tails and ride her to victory!  :D
In order for that to happen you would have to actually go to war with someone. Which you should def attack FCC .

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 07:08:39 pm »
Besides my faction's first (of many, it seems) conflict with Teutonic in which they could have absolutely shat in our mouths, we've not really been in danger of losing a conflict in Strat. The only reason we didn't get shat on (I think) is that I made some big talk about being an absolute pain in the ass to them and their trade if they took our humble village. It would be nice or at least interesting to be on a side with a good chance to lose.

Remember when Darth Vador spared Luke and killed the Sith lord? That's how I felt about attacking Ismirala again. Believe it or not I actually felt bad. ( If we would have sent another wave at the time)
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/