Author Topic: Total War Arena  (Read 16206 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War Arena
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2015, 01:09:42 am »
Welp, balance is pretty shite @ Alpha, but the gameplay itself is very interesting and unique. Basically, it's 10vs10, with each player controlling 3 units. Each team has a base around which your forces start.
Game is overall very fast-paced.

You earn both unit and general experience and silver by playing. You use unit xp to upgrade your units and progress along a tech tree, quite like games such as WoT and others. I guess you won't be playing against much higher tier players outside of alpha, but now you get to suffer, as higher tier units are straight up better. General xp can be used to either upgrade general abilities or be spent as free xp on unit upgrades as well. Silver is used to purchase generals, units and consumables.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2015, 06:44:05 am »
Oh fuck, now even the creative assembly is jumping train wagon.

Fuck MOBAs, They are overdone and boring.
Cue the premium units and timed items when purchased with in game currency.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 08:12:05 am »
It's not a MOBA.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2015, 08:27:37 am »
+1
Nightmares Mum let him have one too many cans of cola last night

Offline Macbeth3

• Earl
  • Renown: 379
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Meow? :3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macbeth_Plisskin_TheCat Mordecai_Heller_TheCat
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2015, 10:15:09 am »
I like the game BUT... I hope they implement ammo and perhaps even fatigue.

(Especially ammo) xD
*Meow* I'm a Cat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2015, 11:53:52 am »
Nightmares Mum let him have one too many cans of cola last night

Huehuehue better throw a random insult at someone complaining about recent ips selling out to mainstream media.

You are so edgy leesin my eyes bleed from just reading your crap.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2015, 08:19:11 pm »
Huehuehue better throw a random insult at someone complaining about recent ips selling out to mainstream media.

You are so edgy leesin my eyes bleed from just reading your crap.

Selling out to mainstream media? lol wut, it's not a MOBA either, the insult wasn't random it was for a reason, your posts resemble the behaviour of a hyper active child.

"So edgy" let me guess you've been browsing "the chan"  :lol:.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 10:15:06 pm »
Selling out to mainstream media? lol wut, it's not a MOBA either, the insult wasn't random it was for a reason, your posts resemble the behaviour of a hyper active child.

"So edgy" let me guess you've been browsing "the chan"  :lol:.

It is pretty obvious that this game is a cash grab. The point was that they seem to be going for this competitive multiplayer vibe, when in reality they should rather focus on their niche strategy ip.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2015, 10:34:53 am »
It is pretty obvious that this game is a cash grab. The point was that they seem to be going for this competitive multiplayer vibe, when in reality they should rather focus on their niche strategy ip.

All these big name publishers/devs are cash grabbing now, it's nothing new. Plus it's actually a fun game and the devs do listen to the community, if people enjoy it and have fun playing it then it will be up to them if they spend money on it. Focus on their niche strategy ip? this isn't the same team working on this, they have their normal Total War games being worked on as well as this, plus it's funny you say that this game is a cash grab considering when they released Attila, they had a paid day 1 Faction DLC and released 2 more paid Faction DLCs within about 3-4 weeks, each for about £7 a pop on Steam, that's a cash grab if I've ever seen one, selling cut content for those prices.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2015, 01:30:40 pm »
All these big name publishers/devs are cash grabbing now, it's nothing new. Plus it's actually a fun game and the devs do listen to the community, if people enjoy it and have fun playing it then it will be up to them if they spend money on it. Focus on their niche strategy ip? this isn't the same team working on this, they have their normal Total War games being worked on as well as this, plus it's funny you say that this game is a cash grab considering when they released Attila, they had a paid day 1 Faction DLC and released 2 more paid Faction DLCs within about 3-4 weeks, each for about £7 a pop on Steam, that's a cash grab if I've ever seen one, selling cut content for those prices.

Well, you are free to play whatever you want after all. I was just saying would rather have them focus on next total war game, so stuff like rome 2 at release never happens again.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2015, 01:31:59 pm »
The next total war game is Warhammer total war so even there they are moving away from what is their core IP.
Turtles

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2015, 02:44:56 pm »
IMO Warhammer is going to be a refreshing change from the usual, the only thing I really hope for after this is a Medieval 3 but there are doubts if they'll ever make a 3rd of any of the titles.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2015, 05:02:56 pm »
The next total war game is Warhammer total war so even there they are moving away from what is their core IP.

THEY WHAT???

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2015, 06:53:36 pm »
IMO Warhammer is going to be a refreshing change from the usual, the only thing I really hope for after this is a Medieval 3 but there are doubts if they'll ever make a 3rd of any of the titles.

I hope after the warhammer one they will do a medieval 3, it is by far the best setting for the series and they really should go back an make an up to date version.

THEY WHAT???

Turtles

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2015, 03:44:07 pm »
+1
I hope after the warhammer one they will do a medieval 3, it is by far the best setting for the series and they really should go back an make an up to date version.

Yep, Medieval is my favourite with Rome a close second, it baffles me when I see people talking about how they want them to go further and further towards the modern era, stuff like WW1 etc, just don't see what is so appealing about that considering how the Total War games work. I wasn't exactly a massive fan of Empires/Napoleon either as I felt that certainly pushed what was fun in a Total War game ( Although Napoleon was very well done so I have to give that a little more credit ). Fall of the Samurai ruined Shogun 2 for me personally, especially the Multiplayer, it really showed how to make a fun game become boring.