Author Topic: I dont get this att all  (Read 1493 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: I dont get this att all
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 08:15:15 pm »
+2
not much i could do about the battle...we were even ( actually i had a bit more troops ) both armies were unarmed

the battle was at 3 AM this morning...nothing i could do, i had to be asleep for work.

anyway to post pone battles till both sides are ready? that kinda sucks i attack someone..then cross my fingers hoping the match will be at a time when im off\awake

Well you didn't accept anyone to fight in your battle (unless only one guy was signed up) so the computer automatically picks someone who signed up to fight for you.  That person apparently didn't show up to the battle.

In the future when you have a battle you will want to accept people to the roster (in strategus, click on the "battles" tab, then when you have a battle that hasn't happened, you can click on it and accept people to the roster). 

Also, you're going to want weapons, even if they were unarmed you'd both be naked with no weapons.  You're going to have a hard time winning that battle.

Furthermore, the person you were attacking was unarmed, if they had 0 crates on them, they likely had no goods on them.  If you won the battle you would not have gained anything.  The only thing you can get from winning a battle is some of the gear (that remained on the enemy after the battle) and some of the gear that was used by both sides during the battle.  It's about a 75%-25% split for the winner (not 100% sure on that).  You don't take any gold from the person you're fighting.

enjoy your EU vacation, to get back to the NA side of the map you need to head EAST through the side of the map and it will then be the WEST side of the NA map (once you make it through).

Just above the battle tab in strategus is a purple link that says "Showing EU" or Showing NA, click that to view the other map.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 01:42:21 am »
Well, you could do a lot about it by not attacking in the first place, heh.

You can set "night-time" settings for up to 8 hours in the day that you cannot be at the battle.

Furthermore, the battle takes place 24 hours after you initiate the battle.

Ahah, there we go. yeah, i didnt setup up time right ( was still just messing around ) night time : 2:00 gmt 3 last for 3 hours

so...once i get my time setup correctly, next battle..if i attacked at 7.37 pm...the battle would be 7.37 pm the next day?

This is starting to make alot more sense, forgive me for my noobishness, i have just a few more probably stupid questions.

What about troops? i had thought originally i had 100 unarmed bots fighting with me, nope its just players that signed up for the battle, and the equipment you buy for troops is the equipment you can use in battle?

So, increasing my troop amount = increasing how many times i can die before battle ends?

This is getting interesting thanks for the help
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 01:48:41 am by StonedSteel »
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 01:47:00 am »
Umm, i think i am in NA, it says viewing NA.

Iam about to cross a bridge, then go straight west, im pretty much right at Nova Uxkhal owned by FFC_9Finger_MB
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 07:29:03 pm »
If you have 200 troops, that is 200 times your side can die before losing.  The other way you lose is your 10 or 12 flags (where your side spawns) gets captured and then everyone on your side is killed.  Because you would no longer have anywhere to spawn.

A 100 vs 100 battle would probably only allow 20 or so people to sign up for each side.  It will tell you that information (max players) when you have an upcoming battle.  Also if the commander (the person who's avatar attacked or was being attacked) is signed up for the battle, you can have 1 more slot than it says.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 04:47:10 am »

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 07:46:27 pm »
meh, im not taking it that seriously, its not what i thought it would be like. nothing to gain, well, nothing to lose really either, strat just doesn't interest me that much

again thx for all your help, but im not really into, just messing around\checking it out
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 03:58:37 am »
+1
tbh its much more rewarding as part of a clan/ faction

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 02:20:39 pm »
Thanks for the replies.

So, i have 2 more troops then i did, and i understand i have to be at a town to buy.

Still having trouble moving...is movement in real time? i did just what you said, thanks for the pictures, but i am still not going anywhere.

i clicked info and zoom..the picture says "stuck.php."

http://strategus.c-rpg.net/stuck.php

So am i stuck? and how do i unstick myself?

Btw, aslong as your troop cap is not raeched you wont get any gold!
Just a heads up :)
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 04:36:39 am »
+1
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 03:48:30 am »
If you are not interested in moving your army in strategus, try signing up (under the Battles tab on c-rpg.net) for big fights where each team has 1000 or more troops. Especially when a village, castle, or city is being attacked. Install teamspeak even if you don't have a microphone, faction leaders will give out orders during the fight.

It is shockingly different from playing on the battle and siege servers. Really, give it a try. It's a lot of fun and that is what convinced me to put time into playing strategus. Once you get the hang of it, you don't spend more than 10 minutes a day moving your army around.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 09:27:15 pm »
I am actually starting to kinda enjoy strat, maybe i will join a clan, just dont know what one. right now i am just saving up\ moving around looking for weak pray ( 100 troops unarmed no faction with cargo )

i think i am going to really get into strat battles when i have the coin\xp know more about what i am doing.

Thx for all the help i have learned alot so far

THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2013, 09:33:34 pm »
+1
I am actually starting to kinda enjoy strat, maybe i will join a clan, just dont know what one. right now i am just saving up\ moving around looking for weak pray ( 100 troops unarmed no faction with cargo )

i think i am going to really get into strat battles when i have the coin\xp know more about what i am doing.

Thx for all the help i have learned alot so far

What you can do as well as attacking poor randoms is trading legitimately yourself. You'll also be armed hopefully so greedy folks will be deterred from attacking you...although trespassers and SD thieves will probably get hunted down.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?