Author Topic: I dont get this att all  (Read 1492 times)

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I dont get this att all
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:52:31 pm »
+3
I dont understand what to do, every action i do in strat just resets the page.  I have 3k gold and 250 tickets, but i dont know how to use them, i go buy weapons, buy equipment, no matter what i do the screen just refreshes and nothing happens.

Move character to..i click a location, a line from my dot to the location appears...but nothing happens...i have been in the same spot since i started, near the same people since i started, i click attack so-an-so, nothing happens, fallow, nothing happens, trade nothing happens.

long story short, no matter what i do or click on nothing happened to changes, the screen just refreshes , and i am still at the same spot, still with no inventory, still with 100 troops, i increased my troops cap, it resets itself.

Lots of people say they enjoy strat but i dont get it, i started east of new yaragar with 3 other white dots ( people ) around me......2 weeks later after various attempts to do anything ( move to, attack, fallow, buy ANYTHING, etc ) i am STILL east of new yaragar 100 troops with the same 3 dots exactly in the same spot

i just dont get it
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: I dont get this att all
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:55:37 pm »
I think you cant walk over mountains/rivers, are you next to either one of those?
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 09:02:39 pm »
+1
I am east of new yaragar, fallow the river to the very last bridge...i am just left of that bridge, a river above me, mountain below, forests to my east\west. i cant move anywhere....even a small distance from where i am in ANY direction

i click move to and a line appears instantly...but i do not move. I guess i have to buy thing when i am at castles\towns? but how do i even get to one? the 3 dots near me must have the same problem, they have been in the same spot.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:06:46 pm by StonedSteel »
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 09:10:34 pm »
+3
Try moving a bit land inwards and position yourself right infront of the bridge you want to cross.
This worked for me when i first joined. :)
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Little Lord Lollipop

• Duke
  • Renown: 582
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: Frumpty_Dumpty_ATTS
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 09:11:11 pm »
+1
Try moving to spot nearby that paths away from the river. Wait a minute then go to your info tab on the left under Troops it should say what speed your traveling at.

As for buying weapons/trade goods you do have to be in a town to do that.
Dear Little Lord Lollipop
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 09:34:48 pm »
+17
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Yeah try moving southeast away from the river then cross the bridge in the middle of it.  Forests and bridges slow down your movement so it'll take some time.

Our river protects us from the white walkers:

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 09:37:52 pm »
+2
If you click on the INFO tab, and then on the left click "ZOOM" (ctrl+f if you're having troubles finding it on screen) it will show you a 50x50 pixel screen with your guy in the middle.  I can guarantee if you're east of New Yaragar that you are stuck on the river, you need to move the opposite direction from the river.

And as Lollipop said, you can't buy any equipment unless you're in a fief, to do so, you'd click on "Weapons" tab when you're in a fief.  And all equipment starts out at -2 quality (represented by 2 red down arrows in the top right of the item), each fief owner was able to make these to normal quality (no arrows up or down), or heirloom them (represented by 1, 2 or 3 green up arrows), but it cost them production points.  So not all fiefs will have every item at normal quality (or masterworked).

If you have strategus ticks left: you should be able to set your troop cap to something higher than 100, and then it should recruit 1 troop an hour (at the cost of one strat tick).

I won't be around tonight, but most of our faction members in the Knights Hospitaller would be glad to pull you into a private channel and walk you through any strategus questions.  I'm guessing most other factions are the same way and are more than willing to help new players.  In game and in factions there's always going to be douche bags, but there are plenty of helpful people around too (in every faction that I've come across).

http://forum.meleegaming.com/faction-halls/

http://forum.meleegaming.com/faction-halls/%28hospitaller%29the-order-of-the-knights-hospitaller%28recruiting-na-eu%29/
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 09:40:19 pm »

Yeah try moving southeast away from the river then cross the bridge in the middle of it.  Forests and bridges slow down your movement so it'll take some time.

Our river protects us from the white walkers:

magnificent!

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 11:05:35 pm »
Thanks for the replies.

So, i have 2 more troops then i did, and i understand i have to be at a town to buy.

Still having trouble moving...is movement in real time? i did just what you said, thanks for the pictures, but i am still not going anywhere.

i clicked info and zoom..the picture says "stuck.php."

http://strategus.c-rpg.net/stuck.php

So am i stuck? and how do i unstick myself?
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 11:09:59 pm »
+1
AHAH! Thx guys!

I just did the info zoom again, i have moved slightly. do i have to be logged onto the bowser to move? i log in and i have more money.

Edit* just looked again..i am moving towards the bridge..very very very slowly..but i am moving..thx!
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 11:56:27 pm »
+4
You don't need to be logged in to move (you move really slow on the map as it is), as others said, terrain affects movement speed.  Bridges/forests/hills slow you down (mountains are the worst)

Playing cRPG in public servers slowly gains you gold, or once you hit your troop cap every hour it uses a strategus tick and you get about 10 gold (but the more troops you have, the more it costs in upkeep, so you'll eventually start losing gold if you have a lot of troops)

And the "stuck" in the URL is just the name, it's to help you if you're "stuck" but it doesn't necessarily know that you're stuck.

And it doesn't actually do anything but if people are helpful it's nice to click the + at the top right of their post to show recognition :)  Welcome to cRPG/strategus.  If you don't get out now, it may be too late and it will become who you are.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 05:31:23 am »
+1

Still having trouble moving...is movement in real time? i did just what you said, thanks for the pictures, but i am still not going anywhere.

The movement is real time, so when u click the "Move StonedSteel to..." button on the map and click where u want to move to, a line appers from where u are, to where u are moving to. Then if u click the info tab, the box in the top left corner will tell u your movement speed. and your travel time. the travel time is how long it takes for your dot to travel to the end of the line but the travel time is not that acurate because its calculated on your current movement speed and that changes based on the terrain/ quick march/ exhaustion/ gear/ troops/ horses etc. Also in the top left box on the info tab u can click "quick march" button which increases your movement speed for 300 minutes but then u are exhausted for alot longer exhaustion time changes depending on how many troops u have, quick march is good for running away or traveling through forests or over mountains. i'd try not to cross any mountains as u will probably get stuck, and u cant cross rivers without a bridge. if u have 1 or more horses for every troop u get a much better movement speed, obviously u need to be in a fief to buy horses and gear as CrazyCracka explained. hope this helps u, i cant think of anything else to tell u about moving right now. i would suggest joining a faction though as being a one man army on strategus is hard work and if u loose a battle u could be loosing weeks or even months of work.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/faction-halls/

theres plenty of clans and all/ most of them are happy to help recruits get on there feet

good luck dude

(click to show/hide)

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 06:16:09 am »
+1
probably not the best idea to attack the first person u see

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=2310

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 07:45:03 pm »
probably not the best idea to attack the first person u see

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=2310

not much i could do about the battle...we were even ( actually i had a bit more troops ) both armies were unarmed

the battle was at 3 AM this morning...nothing i could do, i had to be asleep for work.

anyway to post pone battles till both sides are ready? that kinda sucks i attack someone..then cross my fingers hoping the match will be at a time when im off\awake
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 08:11:22 pm »
+1
not much i could do about the battle...we were even ( actually i had a bit more troops ) both armies were unarmed

the battle was at 3 AM this morning...nothing i could do, i had to be asleep for work.

anyway to post pone battles till both sides are ready? that kinda sucks i attack someone..then cross my fingers hoping the match will be at a time when im off\awake

Well, you could do a lot about it by not attacking in the first place, heh.

You can set "night-time" settings for up to 8 hours in the day that you cannot be at the battle.

Furthermore, the battle takes place 24 hours after you initiate the battle.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?