Author Topic: Archery firing duds  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Berdox

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Archery firing duds
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 06:09:48 pm »
I am a pretty good accurate archer. these last updates have really messed up archers. when I shoot people the arrow will go through them and deliver no damage. I know not every shot will hit, but the shots that should of do nothing.

I tested this on NA servers I snuck up on an enemy archer and it took me 3 shots to actually hit him. I was less that 3 feet away and I was shooting for center body mass.

I played on the EU server and guess what. I am hitting, and im killing people. :D

Na servers have something wrong with them.

I live in the states, and have very good internet and a $1600 tower. Please fix the NA servers

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 07:25:05 pm »
Alrighty, here's some info.

When the first patch was done, this was broken for all bows. You would go through the animation to shoot, but no missile and you didn't lose an arrow. Other players reported not seeing my bow, but my mace instead, while i saw my bow and its animation.

The fix patch resolved this issue for most bows. I don't own a Rus, so haven't tried.

On arrows going through people:

I think that the animation is not showing the actual flight of the missile when not zoomed in. You can watch the arrow flight go right through people and not a thing. However, if you zoom in, the arrow hits where it flies.

So, non-zoomed archery = fucked -------zoomed archery - correct.

But I still think arrows are flying through people with no effect, and possibly disappearing as i cant find them on the ground afterwards.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 03:30:01 am »
+1
Alrighty, here's some info.

When the first patch was done, this was broken for all bows. You would go through the animation to shoot, but no missile and you didn't lose an arrow. Other players reported not seeing my bow, but my mace instead, while i saw my bow and its animation.

The fix patch resolved this issue for most bows. I don't own a Rus, so haven't tried.

On arrows going through people:

I think that the animation is not showing the actual flight of the missile when not zoomed in. You can watch the arrow flight go right through people and not a thing. However, if you zoom in, the arrow hits where it flies.

So, non-zoomed archery = fucked -------zoomed archery - correct.

But I still think arrows are flying through people with no effect, and possibly disappearing as i cant find them on the ground afterwards.

I;m shooting arrows and if I don't hold the reticule till it spreads then it shoots but I don't lose an arrow in the quiver. Doens't matter whether i'm zoomed or not. I've tryed it with MW longbow, MW Rus bow, MW horn bow and MW bow. However this has only happened on NA servers so i'm guessing the NA servers are the problem.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 03:41:58 am »
+2
I;m shooting arrows and if I don't hold the reticule till it spreads then it shoots but I don't lose an arrow in the quiver. Doens't matter whether i'm zoomed or not. I've tryed it with MW longbow, MW Rus bow, MW horn bow and MW bow. However this has only happened on NA servers so i'm guessing the NA servers are the problem.

After alot of testing this is my conclusion aswell. It has to be the servers. Clear the servers and put the EU version on it. :| no polestagger and archery that works.
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login