Author Topic: Uses of renown (suggestion)  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
Re: Uses of renown (suggestion)
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 09:03:07 pm »
I dont think battles advantages (movement speed, hiding, preparation time) based on renown would be fair, or it would need to be easily spottable on the map; otherwise you will never be able to "predict" how many hours you can reinforce, if the army has a normal speed or got a big bonus, etc..

Half of strategus strategy is using what you can see of every dot on the map, players or fiefs (number of troops, gear, crates, terrain, population) to predict where people may be going, at what speed, with what power (hence spotting is uber important and seeing fief info from far away permit to plan invasion with more success). If you could have huge bonus without anyong being able to see that you have, it would be super hazardous to wander on the field without extreme prejudice.

If the devs were able to implement new infos to interpret new bonus I wouldnt mind, all your propositions are solid anyway.

movement speed in strategus, not in battle.

And lack of feedback is a general strategus issue, really. It isn't limited to just this suggestion. Maybe you could have a tab beneath gold to show if that guy has started any special decision.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 03:44:25 am »
movement speed in strategus, not in battle.

And lack of feedback is a general strategus issue, really. It isn't limited to just this suggestion. Maybe you could have a tab beneath gold to show if that guy has started any special decision.

In that case there would be no problem at all, and all your ideas could be applied: only real problem would be to find a proper balance between renown points cost per action and how fast you can gain renown. Could get out of hand too but I hope chadz will do something with renown soon.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 05:33:36 am »
In that case there would be no problem at all, and all your ideas could be applied: only real problem would be to find a proper balance between renown points cost per action and how fast you can gain renown. Could get out of hand too but I hope chadz will do something with renown soon.

Absolutely. The whole idea should be balanced around wanting to spend the renown points (on all options, if possible...although I doubt there won't be some that have more occasional uses rather than frequent ones) and keeping them. As I said above, in an ideal scenario, a player will use the majority of his renown but not all and at least keep 20-30k or so unless he is in desperate times (eg, his castle might be attacked soon, or he is trying to escape with tons of goods)

Offline Bloody_Santa_Claus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • prostredny-hrot.webnode.sk
  • Faction: Ni knight
  • Game nicks: Bloody_Santa_Claus
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 11:47:16 am »
some negative effect of high renown (and fame) could be added too, it would improve balance between old and new players.
Idea n1: Ransom, If player lost battle or raid, he could be taked as prison (there  could be som % of escape). Winner could keep prison in jail (for some days) or ask ransom based on value of renown (higher renown, higher ransom, longer placement in jail)

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 12:37:31 pm »
some negative effect of high renown (and fame) could be added too, it would improve balance between old and new players.
Idea n1: Ransom, If player lost battle or raid, he could be taked as prison (there  could be som % of escape). Winner could keep prison in jail (for some days) or ask ransom based on value of renown (higher renown, higher ransom, longer placement in jail)

If the person is to be ransomed, would he be released at the spot he's currently being held, or respawn at the faction capital (If capitals are to be reintroduced)? And if there's no faction capital, spawn at another faction member, or chosen spot? Either way I think this can be slightly abused. Free teleports by attacking your own mates or keep capturing a player after ransoming him (unless there's a no attack timer after ransom) with the other idea. etc.

Whats your idea after ransoming? You need to fulfill your suggestion!

Offline Bloody_Santa_Claus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • prostredny-hrot.webnode.sk
  • Faction: Ni knight
  • Game nicks: Bloody_Santa_Claus
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 02:56:44 pm »
+1
If the person is to be ransomed, would he be released at the spot he's currently being held, or respawn at the faction capital (If capitals are to be reintroduced)? And if there's no faction capital, spawn at another faction member, or chosen spot? Either way I think this can be slightly abused. Free teleports by attacking your own mates or keep capturing a player after ransoming him (unless there's a no attack timer after ransom) with the other idea. etc.

Whats your idea after ransoming? You need to fulfill your suggestion!

it would be ideal if we could copy method of ransoming from native, so after being ransomed, prisoner has to follow winners party (same function as Follow somebody, but prison is forced to follow winners party). Prisoner can pay ransom, by clicking on winners dot.

My imagine looks like this. I was captured by Ninja_Khorin, I have to follow him until i click on his army and pay ransom (based on renown).
(click to show/hide)
Or i will be force to follow his army until:
he dont release me from good will
or
i will wait some time in captivity (time is based on renown)
or
somebody rescue me by attackin Ninja_Khorin

After releasing i could just stop following Ninja_Khorin.

I think that these conditions, prevent ransoming from abusing, no teleporting, u just have to follow winner army.

PS: No ninjas and Ni knights Were Harmed in the Making of This picture:)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:00:11 pm by Bloody_Santa_Claus »

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 02:09:33 am »
So, I will bump this and my other suggestion so maybe more people read it.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 10:42:30 am »
A few months latter and nothing has been done about renown. I guess this deserves another bump.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2013, 12:33:42 pm »
In the very start we had the strat bank, put gold in, you could get crpg looms out of it. That idea was scrapped with the message: "we got a better way to do this". A day later we got renown.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2013, 01:00:03 pm »
In the very start we had the strat bank, put gold in, you could get crpg looms out of it. That idea was scrapped with the message: "we got a better way to do this". A day later we got renown.

And it does nothing-e  :(

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2013, 01:24:30 pm »
+1
First the amount of gold in the bank decided how much chance you got to a loom, then we got renown.

Renown :arrow:  :?:arrow: Profit