Author Topic: About this multi account business....  (Read 3590 times)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: About this multi account business....
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2012, 03:24:43 pm »
+6
(click to show/hide)
Retinal Scanner for login in cRPG the best way to avoid multiaccaunting (it is more reliable than a fingerprint scanner, as some may use fingers of corpses)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 04:02:32 pm »
+2
Retinal Scanner for login in cRPG the best way to avoid multiaccaunting (it is more reliable than a fingerprint scanner, as some may use fingers of corpses)

You can trust me, its a human eye!

(click to show/hide)
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Quentry

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DRZ
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Quentry
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2012, 05:42:15 pm »
+1

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2012, 08:14:30 pm »

Ohh common dont mock me. Im pretty sure its more than possible for Crpg to keep track when the accounts were created and I bet there is some way you could make the first month as period when you cant join Strategus on the map.

Why whould honest and good starting players even need to jump straight into strat. Let them find clans, gather info etc. Unless, there is some poor guy who got either hacked or lost cdkey, in which case, its just unlucky. You know its a good idea, but you beat it down cause you know the only reason UIF even exsist on the stratmap is cause you have a chinese factory out of ghostaccounts.   :lol:

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2012, 09:08:53 pm »
Ohh common dont mock me. Im pretty sure its more than possible for Crpg to keep track when the accounts were created and I bet there is some way you could make the first month as period when you cant join Strategus on the map.
Why whould honest and good starting players even need to jump straight into strat. Let them find clans, gather info etc. Unless, there is some poor guy who got either hacked or lost cdkey, in which case, its just unlucky. You know its a good idea, but you beat it down cause you know the only reason UIF even exsist on the stratmap is cause you have a chinese factory out of ghostaccounts.   :lol:
Yes, of course you're right. I'm sure the developers will consider your smart idea and implement it  :P Ur Mom would be proud of you  :P

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 06:28:58 am »
+2
I just called her, she is. She also thinks im cool.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 07:39:58 am »
To the regular US vs EU crap, we got Poles and Ruskies, what do YOU have, ey?  :mrgreen:

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2012, 08:42:47 am »
To the regular US vs EU crap, we got Poles and Ruskies, what do YOU have, ey?  :mrgreen:

One account per player.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2012, 10:05:01 am »
One account per player.

How boooooooring  :mrgreen:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2012, 03:23:46 pm »
+1
One account per player.
hey that is just like your opinion man

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2012, 05:12:29 pm »
+3
It's kinda sad really, when people sacrifice the concepts of morality in order to win a video game. I remember back in strat one. I came in during the end of the first great crusade. When the 22nd was wiped by the Templar Order. I helped set up an NA division of templar and we were fairly well established in the northern templar lands (still swadian). Things were relatively quiet to begin with. Then a war started with the russians. We started seeing all kinds of game mechanics get abused. The most notable and accurate example I have would be the transfer distance mechanic. Entire armies were moved across the whole map in a matter of hours. I don't have anymore specific examples for you, but trust me, there were a variety of abuses. I do not know if the UIF currently cheats. All that I know is the history that I have witnessed since the beginning of strategus. That is a history which repeatedly illustrates a style of play from DRZ (which is the real basis for UIF) that consists of abusing vulnerable game mechanics in an effort to garner a victory despite having to drag that win through some very degrading actions.

A clean loss is much preferable to a dirty win.

Please excuse the nostalgia. A mental review of strat history promoted within me a level of disgust which revealed itself in this thread.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 05:32:27 pm »
+2
The problem was the mechanics of the game were far more rudemntary then than now, so strictly it wasnt and exploit or a cheat, just badly planned on the devs behalf.

Multic accounting ofc is a whole differnet matter and also a problem that was present in strat 1.  Although not officially againjst the rules until the later stages it remained part of the ethos of many clans that it was acceptable, although clear messages from the devs had stated otherwise.

Its easy to ban people for cheating, its harder to change the ethos of the cheaters.
Turtles

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2012, 05:48:43 pm »
+1
Yes, of course you're right. I'm sure the developers will consider your smart idea and implement it  :P Ur Mom would be proud of you  :P
Possibly the lamest comeback I've heard yet on these forums.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2012, 05:55:51 pm »
"wasn't strictly an exploit or a cheat" This is reflective of the general theme I was attempting to describe. Have you ever heard of Natural law and Positive law, the differences and definitions of either term? Natural law references what we as humans know to be morally correct actions. Positive law is simply the written out, formal, reiteration of Natural law. Now if the game mechanics could fit the role of "Natural Law," then "Positive Law" would be the rules laid out by the developers and admins. The style of gameplay which I was attempting to describe has been a consistent style of seeking out the inconsistencies between the game mechanics, and the dev's rules. A strict adherence to this form of positive law limits the subject to following only the rules described, with no compass or guidelines for how one reacts to situations where the devs have not designated specific rules.

It seems to be as if they say to themselves, "This prolly isn't the best thing to do, but noone told me not to, so it's alright!"

Yeah it is hard to change ethos. A damned shame too.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 07:11:02 pm »
+1
"wasn't strictly an exploit or a cheat" This is reflective of the general theme I was attempting to describe. Have you ever heard of Natural law and Positive law, the differences and definitions of either term? Natural law references what we as humans know to be morally correct actions. Positive law is simply the written out, formal, reiteration of Natural law. Now if the game mechanics could fit the role of "Natural Law," then "Positive Law" would be the rules laid out by the developers and admins. The style of gameplay which I was attempting to describe has been a consistent style of seeking out the inconsistencies between the game mechanics, and the dev's rules. A strict adherence to this form of positive law limits the subject to following only the rules described, with no compass or guidelines for how one reacts to situations where the devs have not designated specific rules.

It seems to be as if they say to themselves, "This prolly isn't the best thing to do, but noone told me not to, so it's alright!"

Yeah it is hard to change ethos. A damned shame too.

Gosh i haven't dealt with law for a few years now but i appreciate what your saying, unfortunately in a virtual community such as this there is only one law that will ever be enacted and that is the choice of the oligarchy.
Turtles