Other Games > Guild Wars

My Problem with Guild Wars 2...

(1/4) > >>

Miley:
I frankly think it's boring, my reason being the skill system. For me the skill system is boring because it's just a bunch of button mashing skills, a few skills you can customize but who really cares about them, and there's so much people using their skills on a monster and it's just a bunch of flashes of light and stuff for the whole 1000000 minutes it takes to kill the boss. What's the point? There's so many people... it's gonna die anyways.

Another thing with the combat--Allers and I were fighting that undead dragon thing like south of Lion's Arch, and it was so boring and stupid because it basically just killed one of us, we revived the other person, and kept attacking its foot, we both died, ran back, and kept attacking, repeat. It was so boring--we literally could've just stayed there doing nothing because our allies could have killed it on their own.

Honestly, how is PvP supposed to be fun if there are no unique builds or anything? Also, why does it really matter what weapons you have? It's not like anyone actually looks because there are so many people... I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I don't know how to explain it better.

I just miss those things from the original Guild Wars--unique builds, you can actually see your skills happening, cross professions, weapon skins and stuff kinda seemed more important, etc. I know I didn't explain this 100% for you to understand, but it's just what I think, and I just wanted to post this to share why I haven't been playing in a while and see what you guys think.

P.S. It might just be because I had huge expectations for this game after waiting for years and playing Guild Wars 1.

Andy:
I still think that the #1 worst thing that can happen to a newly released game is its fan base having too large expectations.
I hope the same does not happen to Mount & Blade Bannerlord.

Overdriven:
Yeah the large mass ganking of bosses is my main annoyance. The game just doesn't feel hard when 20 + people are killing a boss who isn't actually that strong but just has 100000000000 HP. The hardest bosses I've come across so far are the giants just because their area attack can sometimes come close to a 1 hit kill if you're not careful. But besides that there's no real challenge in it.

Vibe:
I actually found the whole combat system pretty damn boring. It may be because I have played way too many hotkey MMOs and I'm very sick of this generic combat system. But so little skills sure doesn't help it. I remember I had more fun playing a Sentinel in SW:TOR or Conqueror in AoC, actively having to use 30+ binds was fucking brutal :D

Thovex:

--- Quote from: Vibe on October 30, 2012, 08:34:45 am ---I actually found the whole combat system pretty damn boring. It may be because I have played way too many hotkey MMOs and I'm very sick of this generic combat system. But so little skills sure doesn't help it. I remember I had more fun playing a Sentinel in SW:TOR or Conqueror in AoC, actively having to use 30+ binds was fucking brutal :D

--- End quote ---

Definitly D:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version