Author Topic: Strategus Ticks for the Duel Server  (Read 726 times)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Strategus Ticks for the Duel Server
« on: September 18, 2012, 12:55:18 am »
+3
Why is it people despise the duel server so much? Why is it that I can play Battle, Siege and even DTV to get Strategus Ticks and Gold, but even if I'm ranked #1 on the duel server, I will never receive anything for spending my time there. It's already bad enough that players on the duel server are forever stuck with a 1x, something that took us nearly a year to get re-added to crpg. We know we're the red headed step-child that you'd much rather have disappear from this community. That's why you haven't seen a single thread asking for more than a mere 1x multiplier out of us in over a year. It was hard enough just to get that.

Now that Strategus Ticks are the necessity that they are, the status quo has shifted. You can either be successful in strategus or you can enjoy the game the way you enjoy it most, if you're a duelist. The two are not compatible, not unless you aren't attending a school and also don't have a job. It shouldn't be a chore to get Strategus Ticks, I know it wasn't intended to be one. So why is it I have to spend more time in game modes I prefer much less and sometimes don't even enjoy playing, to do anything in Strat?

I can leech in DTV, get full xp, gold, Strategus gold and Strategus Ticks, but if I want to spend time reaching the #1 duelist spot, I get nothing for it. Need to train with your clan for the next Strat battle? Shame you won't be getting any Strat Ticks or Gold for that. I realize Duelists as one of the red headed step-children that we're destined to be hated and looked upon as inferior, but this is just pathetic.

Give some rewards to players actively dueling on the server and maybe give something for being a ranked duelist, because I know from past experiences, we're still going to get the short end of the stick. So might as well give a little bonus for those that spend extra effort and display better results just to get the meager table scraps that fall from the plates of our superiors on the Battle, Siege, and DTV servers.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Re: Strategus Ticks for the Duel Server
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 01:10:31 am »
First of all, duel ranking doesn't mean shit. The ELO system is not a good ranking system as it was designed for chess; a slow-paced, calculative game. Warband is almost its opposite, fast-paced and more reflex based than calculative. And not to forget, Chess is a game with(technically, maybe not, as players can decide to herp derp and just move their pieces back and forth) finite moves, while duels can potentially last as long as the server restart timer allows it.

Secondly, no. There should be no further reward for a system that already ruined the duel server atmosphere. I try not to think about it so much these days, but losing 18 points to one mistake still stings for me.

Did I mention it's fucking silly? Anyone can get #1 rank, it doesn't prove anything other than that you're focusing on absolutely menial things.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 01:17:56 am »
I've done nothing but complain about the implementation of the ELO system since it came out, but that doesn't mean it's as shitty as you make it out to be. No one that is bad at Warband will be in the top 25, let alone the top 10. They may not be deserving of that spot, but they certainly won't be utterly without skill. Rating should only be affected after a Bo3/Bo5, and it shouldn't deteriorate. The only thing the deterioration does, is reduce the gap and minimize the difference between the best duelists, the good duelists, and the mediocre.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 01:21:37 am »
If you were getting more things for playing on duel server, like strat ticks or even multi, you would really need to do smth for it. Just winning a duel doesn't really justify a multi for example imo.
Also it's a more relaxed thing to be on the duel server. You can easily go afk for some minutes without any problems. But you should decide what you want; either you play battle, siege, rageball to get gold, xp and strat ticks or you enjoy duel on the duel server and might also get a higher rank.

That's a thing that often destroys games. You mustn't play there... go play for fun, damnit.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 01:31:57 am »
If you were getting more things for playing on duel server, like strat ticks or even multi, you would really need to do smth for it. Just winning a duel doesn't really justify a multi for example imo.
Also it's a more relaxed thing to be on the duel server. You can easily go afk for some minutes without any problems. But you should decide what you want; either you play battle, siege, rageball to get gold, xp and strat ticks or you enjoy duel on the duel server and might also get a higher rank.

That's a thing that often destroys games. You mustn't play there... go play for fun, damnit.
What? I am not asking for multipliers. Currently you can spawn into DTV, suicide, then go afk for 5+ minutes while your team does everything and you get full xp, gold, strat ticks and strat gold, while actively playing on the duel server gives you nothing.

Offline MarktpLatz

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MarktpLatz_HRE MarktPole_HRE MarktArcher_HRE MarktShielder_HRE
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 03:07:56 am »
+1
Actually i think duelling should be rewarded in some way, but I have no clue how.

If you make it dependent on winning duels - Nobody can control if the players acutally fight.
If you make it dependent on x1 ticks - Would give an advantage over playing on Siege or Battle.
If you make it dependent on duel ranking - Will fuck up duelling even more since people would always be scared to lose points.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MB passionately

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Sarissas
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 12:30:47 pm »
you're focusing on absolutely menial things.

hahah nice one

All of the best players in crpg visit the duel server on the regular

A duel ranking system might be good for 2h and some shielders, other folks playing as spearmen, cav or ranged are hard to find, too many full plate warriors with their mw greatswords (same as 2h kuyaks, just f*ck off guys!!) its so booooooooooooooooooring

The ranking system does not help to provide more alternation here
just play just play just play just play just play

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 01:17:37 pm »
Just make x1 give 1 strat gold, simple and not gamebreaking or something.

In duel only though. 1 strat gold for x1 in battle, siege would be bad as you usually get 1 gold each tick for x2/x3.

1 strat tick for each xp tick is fine in duel. 1 strat tick either means making some gold or recruiting troops (but 1 strat tick isnt = 1 gold).
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 08:11:50 pm »
+1
Seriously, give us strat ticks/gold on the duel server.