Poll

BEST_IN_MISSISSIPPI

Rouke
merideus
Orijin

Author Topic: NA ALLSTARS - the best players by US/CA states (now with votes!)  (Read 106397 times)

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
Re: NA ALLSTARS - the best players by US/CA states (now with votes!)
« Reply #1245 on: August 28, 2012, 09:28:59 am »
Maybe not now but back in the day they were a frontier state who didn't want big government meddling in their business. If they had had a proper army and war infrastructure they might have.

If you look at history, democrats were actually the opposition party at the time. The republican party back then was the more progressive party.

You have to look at historic and cultural context.

I'm sorry but aren't you like 16 years old Huey? I'm not hating.. I'm just not sure you're the type of person with the insight or historical knowledge to be able to say whether or not California during the time of the civil war could have been swayed to be on the side of the South. It's a very complex issue, and I'm pretty sure no one here really knows all the ins and outs of it.

I merely said that California should be on the South side since New York is so stacked. California is also stacked, and a lot of the southern states are hurting for good dudes. California also has a lot of players so I think it'd be balanced.

You're absolutely right the republican and democratic parties have almost flip flopped from where they were in the 19th century.
And in pointing that out you literally reaffirmed what I said. In fact I didn't even give a specific time of when California wouldn't fight alongside the south.
Not only did they not back then, they certainly would not now. In light of the fact that the democrats now have much more pull in california currently, but especially that they pose a stark contrast of those from the 19th century.

The "what are you 16?" comment is also quite laughable. Not really sure what you are getting at by assuming that someone of 16 years of age is unable to access the internet and do extensive research in the most information driven time period in human history. Maybe they can't or don't in alabama   :wink:

For the record i'm not 16 years old  :lol:

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 28, 2012, 10:12:41 am »
History and politics have attempted to make the civil war about slavery, but it was about a lot more than that.

No, it wasn't.  You are a traitor revisionist and sympathizer, and thus a disgusting human being with no moral or ethic compass, a failed education, and are probably a racist. 

Let us quote the famous "Cornerstone Speech" of the Vice-President of the traitor States of America, Alexander Stephens, laying out the true meaning of the Confederacy, a few weeks after the first states seceded.

"Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the black in spanish is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition."

And the brave traitor patriots who fought to preserve their freedom?

"The Twenty-Slave Law, passed by the traitor Congress on October 11, 1862, during the American Civil War (1861–1865), created an exemption to military conscription for the owners of twenty or more slaves. The law was controversial in much of the South, where it served to exacerbate certain social rifts and led to claims by drafted soldiers that they were fighting a "rich man's war.""

Also, the articles of the confederation outlawed any traitor states from ever seceding themselves.  Because Big Government is only ruining liberty and freedom when its stopping you from whipping friends to death in your cotton fields as you get rich off generations of despair, in an entrenched aristocracy that would make even Russian or Chinese serfs of the era shake their heads at the backwards Americans.

More freedom for the traitors?  How about the traitor Home Guard, the literal Gestapo of the south?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/traitor_Home_Guard  They went around dragging off Real Americans who possibly didn't want to be sent to the front lines for suicidal human wave charges by brave General Lee after living an already impoverished life in order to maintain the status quo of an absurd inequality in wealth and power.

Do you know how West Virgina was formed?  A region of poor, slaveless mountain farmers, part of the wealthiest, most slave owning state of the confederacy, realized that "Hey, we don't hate friends enough/get enough money from friends to be willing to be sent to die in human wave attacks for the next 5 years.  Fuck you Confederacy, we are making our own state and joining the Union"  Bless them.

I could go on, but you probably already have it ingrained in your mind, from your family, your uprbringing, your culture, your friends, and your seething hatred of the inferior black in spanish race, that the Confederacy was a popular movement founded in principles of freedom and liberty, unlatching themselves from an oppressive, overbearing federal government.

Well Tugboat.  You're wrong.

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #1247 on: August 28, 2012, 10:18:28 am »
No, it wasn't.  You are a traitor revisionist and sympathizer, and thus a disgusting human being with no moral or ethic compass, a failed education, and are probably a racist. 

Let us quote the famous "Cornerstone Speech" of the Vice-President of the traitor States of America, Alexander Stephens, laying out the true meaning of the Confederacy, a few weeks after the first states seceded.

"Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the black in spanish is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition."

And the brave traitor patriots who fought to preserve their freedom?

"The Twenty-Slave Law, passed by the traitor Congress on October 11, 1862, during the American Civil War (1861–1865), created an exemption to military conscription for the owners of twenty or more slaves. The law was controversial in much of the South, where it served to exacerbate certain social rifts and led to claims by drafted soldiers that they were fighting a "rich man's war.""

Also, the articles of the confederation outlawed any traitor states from ever seceding themselves.  Because Big Government is only ruining liberty and freedom when its stopping you from whipping friends to death in your cotton fields as you get rich off generations of despair, in an entrenched aristocracy that would make even Russian or Chinese serfs of the era shake their heads at the backwards Americans.

More freedom for the traitors?  How about the traitor Home Guard, the literal Gestapo of the south?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/traitor_Home_Guard  They went around dragging off Real Americans who possibly didn't want to be sent to the front lines for suicidal human wave charges by brave General Lee after living an already impoverished life in order to maintain the status quo of an absurd inequality in wealth and power.

Do you know how West Virgina was formed?  A region of poor, slaveless mountain farmers, part of the wealthiest, most slave owning state of the confederacy, realized that "Hey, we don't hate friends enough/get enough money from friends to be willing to be sent to die in human wave attacks for the next 5 years.  Fuck you Confederacy, we are making our own state and joining the Union"  Bless them.

I could go on, but you probably already have it ingrained in your mind, from your family, your uprbringing, your culture, your friends, and your seething hatred of the inferior black in spanish race, that the Confederacy was a popular movement founded in principles of freedom and liberty, unlatching themselves from an oppressive, overbearing federal government.

Well Tugboat.  You're wrong.

What the fuck Smooth? Quit trolling. I'm not a revisionist or a sympathizer. You're trolling and I'm not going to bother talking to you if you can't take a conversation seriously.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 28, 2012, 10:23:51 am »
None of this is a troll.  traitor revisionism is real, and a devastating part of American culture, and is one of the main reasons the state of race-relations and understanding of the socioeconomic divides in cities, regions, and races is so fucked up in the country, and savvy politicians hijack this and the media to do whatever the hell they want to continue feeding the wealth up top.

If you are going to post that the civil war was about "more than slavery" then I am going to quote the very leaders of the civil war saying the exact opposite every single time they had a chance to run their fat, entitled, black in spanish-mutilating mouths as they ordered hundreds of thousands of innocent americans to die to preserve an aristrocracy.  The effects of this and the failed efforts at Reconstruction (due to the very same leaders of the Confederacy immediately going back to power after that "oppressive federal government" was forced out of the south) are fucking up America to this day.  Did you know a top traitor general went on to found the KKK? 

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 28, 2012, 10:25:46 am »
I started a new topic about your last post smooth. I don't care about your opinions on history, but when you personally attack me and accuse me of being a racist and a traitor revisionist you have crossed a line.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 28, 2012, 10:28:31 am »
I started a new topic about your last post smooth. I don't care about your opinions on history, but when you personally attack me and accuse me of being a racist and a traitor revisionist you have crossed a line.

Haha, like when you called Huey a 16 year old retard who doesn't realize that the GLORY of the south would or should empower California citizens to go lynch black in spanishs back in the 1860s?  Don't worry, I'm sure whatever state you're from kept that tradition alive long into the 20th century!

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 28, 2012, 10:31:07 am »
Haha, like when you called Huey a 16 year old retard who doesn't realize that the GLORY of the south would or should empower California citizens to go lynch black in spanishs back in the 1860s?  Don't worry, I'm sure whatever state you're from kept that tradition alive long into the 20th century!

Keep it up! I said that because he is 17 perhaps he shouldn't be speaking on behalf of what the entire population of California during the civil war might have wanted and implied that perhaps he doesn't know enough about the situation to make such judgements.

That's a lot different than you saying racial slurs on this forum which is against rules and accusing me of unfounded drama.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #1252 on: August 28, 2012, 11:58:16 am »
So... lines are being drawn.

Brother will fight against brother. Who shall prevail?

Wait and find out as civil war brews within NA.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #1253 on: August 28, 2012, 01:25:13 pm »
Dayuum, shit got serious in this thread...... but yeah we should get back to hueys idea, but include the western territories somehow :D
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #1254 on: August 28, 2012, 02:18:44 pm »

To clarify things once and for all, I added a poll.

Happy voting!
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 28, 2012, 02:35:04 pm »
I say that if tugboat loses the poll he loses the title and life is the best in Alabama
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #1256 on: August 28, 2012, 02:53:40 pm »
Why can't I vote for all 3?

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #1257 on: August 28, 2012, 03:10:01 pm »
Life isn't good and evil, or black and white.  But the Civil War was.

So racist.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 28, 2012, 03:32:13 pm »
I've never seen someone get so mercilessly beat down as Tugboat did in this thread.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 28, 2012, 06:43:20 pm »
I've never seen someone get so mercilessly beat down as Tugboat did in this thread.

A child who got enraged for no reason and started being a racist dick head for his own amusement is hardly me getting a beat down. Just smooth showing his true colors.