Author Topic: Double the upkeep for light cav  (Read 980 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Double the upkeep for light cav
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 11:24:07 pm »
Fun fact, afaik horse throwing kinda gets fixed next patch, that means ranged actually profits(or suffers) from own movement in the damage calc then. Tiem to roll a light cav mounted thrower.
Yay! Nice to hear!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 11:24:21 pm »
Yes, open plains and Vaegirs vs Sarranids only cav in MP is amazing.

Same with Swadian Knights vs Khergits in Singleplayer. Ahh, amazing battles!
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 11:25:01 pm »
Actually this whole mod should be about full cavalry battles in open field maps. Those who played it back in Native know what I'm talking about. More interesting then playing a shooter, that's for sure.
That was only in movies. There was not that big number of cav in battles.
Check native,you can always see that lords have like 10-20% of army cav,not half or 100% except for nomads they were all riders,but they used some cheaper armors and stuff.
So you want to make Horse Archers pay more? Desert and Steppe Horse are only used by Horse Archers, and Rouncey also quite often. Great plan.
Archer and HA is so great for farming gold. I don't know why u so scared of upkeep that everyone pays?
You won lottery man. I have 40k and i still think that 40k can afford me enough to withstand upkeep of 4-5 generations if i use gear under 40k.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 11:27:48 pm »
Nah,leave classes alone. I am just sick of having 20-30 cav in server where 100- ppl play. You can't move,can't fight.
I don't like sidge because you need to defend flag,and multi depend of how ur team play together. Usualy everyone is kill whoring.

the real problem is when GK is in large numbers they tend to all go to the spawn and just bump bump bump bump till the last ones, people who spawned later because of lag, are dead..

i always spawn later for some reason, my counter starts later I think.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 11:28:56 pm »
Archer is great for money farming yes, as long as I dont use 2 packs of bodkins.

Horse Archer is a different case, at least every second round I usually paid my horse and at least every rounds my bodkins. I wouldn't ever complain about upkeep as I think it is far too low in general though, that is why there are so many guys with heavy armor and better, only the best weapons and heavy horses (destrier and up).
However if you want to raise upkeep, I say, look at weapons and armor first so everyone pays more and not only the cav.

PS: I already wasted the gold for a +2 Horn Bow.  :lol:
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 11:34:02 pm »
miwiw yeah,shure. It is not real for all ppl to wear heavy armors and have Great swords.
That is cind of stupid too. Im middle age you wear what you can afford and not everyone could afford horse or good armor.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 11:38:57 pm »
The cavalry in the early Roman Republic remained the preserve of the wealthy landed class known as the equites—men who could afford the expense of maintaining a horse in addition to arms and armor heavier than those of the common legions.
For the most part, Roman cavalry during the Republic functioned as an adjunct to the legionary infantry and formed only one-fifth of the showing force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalry

So cav was not for poor,and it was elite force that didn't had large number in army.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 12:02:49 am »
Destrier costs like 25k and you have to repair it (repair a Horse lolwut) atleast every third round. Plus you also have to pay for the heavy Lance (10k) + either Shield+Quarterstaff or secondary weapon (another additional ~5k). You also need decent Head and Body and good Foot armor (another ~10-20k).
That sums up to ~50-60k you have to keep up. I don't see how this is not expensive enough already.
If you have Problems with cav just grab a pitchfork. its long, deals Pierce damage and is sheatable, usable with a shield and extremly stylish and cheap..Great anti cav weapon.