Author Topic: [UNBAN] SAATANA [NA1, WHAT THE FUCK?!]  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Saatana

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
[UNBAN] SAATANA [NA1, WHAT THE FUCK?!]
« on: June 19, 2012, 03:57:45 pm »
I was playing in NA1, I died and scrolled around the players spectacting, I noticed someone standing there AFK. I QMLed him and it was Canary_Of_Chaos. Right after I have QMLed him he comes back and stops the timer. 5 seconds later I was kicked and when I tried joining back it says I am banned. WHAT THE FUCK NOW?! WHY THE FUCK YOU BANNED ME AGAIN?! HE WAS AFK OF COURSE I QML HIM IT'S ALLOWED!

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
Re: [UNBAN] SAATANA [NA1, WHAT THE FUCK?!]
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 04:04:38 pm »
lul,you are banned everywhere
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 04:06:35 pm »
Reserve QML for the obvious leeches, not as a griefing tool.

Perhaps you should tone it down a bit, just in general.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline ForGO_of_Acre

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • Game nicks: Pope_Bravo_of_Acre
  • IRC nick: ForGO
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 04:07:02 pm »
 :lol:

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 04:10:25 pm »
As a man of science I have been taught to analyze the evidence and come to a conclusion.

Coming to a conclusion, and then using evidence to support that conclusion is toxic.

As I understand it, this man is an active and skilled troll. I have not seen this.

That being stated. Canary saw the QML and used that evidence to support the already widely held belief that he is a troll and banned him.

I had not seen the man before, did not know he was a troll, but I did see Canary AFK. I thought it was a legit QML and not trolling.

BUT I love Canary and trust his judgement. Just giving my 2 cents

Offline Saatana

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 04:12:47 pm »
I had not seen the man before, did not know he was a troll, but I did see Canary AFK. I thought it was a legit QML and not trolling.
Yes indeed it was so clear he was AFK. Someone even said "Canary is AFK ban him!". I don't understand at all why I am banned now. I do my best to keep everyone happy and stay unbanned but somehow I just get banned for random stuff I do... I did not try to break any rules or to fuck with anyone now, I just QMLed someone I saw AFKing.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 04:18:39 pm »
it's kinda stupid to ban for qmling guy who is not moving? thats what the qml is for, not the first time NA admins are badmins :P

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 04:27:27 pm »
Canary had already moved out of the spawn zone, he was right up against a wall where a Hospitaller archer was shooting down on my team above him. Chances are, he was simply taking cover. To me, it did not look like an afk at all (dead people could cross reference), but simply shacking up where he wouldn't get plugged in the face.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 04:36:21 pm »
You didn't QML me when I was standing still (typing a message, for the record, not afk). You initiated the QML as I was jumping through the slew of enemies that were charging my position, a good several seconds after I started moving again. I may have disabled the timer for your additional multiplier, but once you're dead you can't stop the kick from happening by pressing 'M', and since I was in combat getting killed as you QMLed me, I got kicked from the server.

Wonderful.

(click to show/hide)

Short version: I would have thought differently about this if you had actually QML'd me while I was typing my message, not by the time I had started engaging the enemy and made it all the way onto the other side of their line. As it stands, you shouldn't have kept pressing the buttons when I had started moving. Your having a history of griefing is also working against you.

Ban was for 14 days 1 hour, since I tried to initiate it quickly before being kicked, but I will remove it sooner than that (perhaps later today). Watch for a post.

Offline Saatana

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 04:39:44 pm »
I don't know what happened on your screen, but on my screen I did QML you before you were moving. I didn't even know that if you die before stopping the timer you get kicked... It's not like I tried to "attack" you in anyways, I just saw AFKer and QMLed him. That's how I've always been doing and this is first time it brings me into any kind of problems.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 05:02:28 pm »
I will recommend, then, that you spectate someone for more than a few seconds to determine if they're AFK for real or not. Not only are you likely to avoid situations like this in the future, but you're much less likely to lose a multiplier right away.

I can't believe you when you say you QML'd me before I started moving, because that isn't the way I saw it happen. If that was true I would've been far more likely to actually succeed at pressing M before I died, since I didn't die right away after I started moving. You may have started trying to press the buttons, but by the time you finished I was very much not standing still.  I didn't get the message until I was beyond a few of the enemies I was dodging around.

I will shorten the ban by quite a bit, however, since the circumstances are so peculiar. Like I said before, watch for a post.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 05:56:18 pm »
Saatana is already being "watched" on community, his next "mess up" will end with a ban. I suggest you do the same. Nothing but problems with this kid.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Saatana

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 05:58:02 pm »
Saatana is already being "watched" on community, his next "mess up" will end with a ban. I suggest you do the same. Nothing but problems with this kid.
You have no place in my thread. Yout words are nothing but air. And who are you to call me kid? Comon son.

E: Though I do understand you like to "watch" me, I am indeed pretty sexy man after all.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 06:04:55 pm by Saatana »

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 06:55:27 pm »
Seems like he is going for the record amount of bans in one month!

Up to 4 bans on NA alone already this month saatana, congrats, i dont even think huey or goatee had 4 bans in one month.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 07:53:30 pm »
Ban has been lifted. Total ban time approximately 4 hours.