Author Topic: Rage about Looms/Str  (Read 2222 times)

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
Re: Rage about Looms/Str
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 07:38:54 pm »
Yeah exactly. I don't want them to be the same equal in difficulty but make it so that agility doesn't have such a hard time dealing with heavy armour (as a 1her). But there doesn't seem to be any outstanding solution...

That may be pretty viable but 12/27 pretty much gets destroyed by any cav(bumps) or archers, though true of any agility build. I've never played such a build, but it's probably not as viable as it might seem though. The damage with only 4 PS doesn't really amount to much even though it's pierce. And even with high footwork, such a short weapon can only do so much, as you can only attack with a very frontal attack (unlike long 2h which allow nice tricks, katana). Limited to hoping your feints get through I guess?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2012, 10:54:50 pm »
Just to grind? I just play this game for fun

That's where you are wrong. You can personally not like grind or not get any fun from it, but that doesn't mean others are like you. In fact grind is quite popular when you look at current games, and I believe it's one of the biggest reasons people play cRPG and not Native.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2012, 11:15:53 pm »
I dunno, a 12/27 guy with a +3 Steel Pick and 180 wpf is probably the most terrifying opponent I can imagine. Maybe some 39/3 tin can with a +3 Flamberge one-shots you, but he was probably going to one-shot you even without the looms. Then again, a guy in plate with low athletics is pretty easy to avoid. The 9Ath steel pick guy, not so much.

This has more to do with how broken pierce damage is than anything else. Someone with 12 str and a stock steel pick can do more damage than me with 18 str and a MW Italian.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BashirKhan

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2012, 07:00:18 am »
12/27 is pretty damn effective with a +3 steel pick. Just ask TurmoilTom he did that exact build, although I'm not sure if he used a steel pick. Whatever he used he was usually on the top portion of the board.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 07:14:28 am by BashirKhan »

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2012, 07:27:33 am »
+2
Yeah, looms are rad.  If anything, I want to say, remove looming ammo (arrows and bolts), and make archers only need to loom the bow / crossbow.  Honestly the only unfair thing in my mind is that a melee character only needs to loom his weapon, while an archer needs to spend 6 full gens to fulfill his one purpose.  Ammo should just be a commodity.  As far as pure melee "STR/Loom Crutchers" go, +4 dmg, +1 spd, +5 head, +10 body, +5 leg armor isn't really that daunting for 15 generations, or roughly 1-2 years of pretty consistant playtime. 

That's no horse, no shield, no alternate weapons, no ammo, no throwing, no fun, only if they knew exactly what they were doing from day 1 of the mod.  Most people just have a weapon, a suit of armor, a pair of gloves, and then skip helms and boots entirely for other weapons to play around with.  Some people stick to one build, but people mostly just trade weapons back and forth on the market.  The bigger problem is 33+ builds, I'd say, considering they're guaranteed full damage, full speed, full ironflesh with their 3 points + 3 skills, which can be converted into 9 skill points.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.