Poll

Nerf Fagchers ?

Sure
59 (19.9%)
Must
25 (8.4%)
Need
17 (5.7%)
YES PLEASE NERF IT , I'M my old friend BUT WE ARE OP !
29 (9.8%)
kebab
51 (17.2%)
No
116 (39.1%)

Total Members Voted: 295

Author Topic: Nerf Archery  (Read 25717 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Nerf Archery
« Reply #360 on: October 18, 2012, 06:44:00 pm »
Only ranged that has OP damage are MW arbs. with mw steel bolts, almost got 1 hit by Dave with 53 body armor and 15 str 0 IF.

Dave one-shot me in a clan battle we had against mercs. He was shooting somewhat upwards (pretty tiny height difference, but still upwards) into my chest. Had 18 strength, 2 IF and 50 body armor. Died. Anyway, I rarely get one-shot by arbalests. Arbalests usually needs 2 shots, Rus Bows needs the exact same amount while being able to fire on the run and with a higher rate of fire. An arbalest guy will be a better melee unit though. Think it's quite balanced, maybe bows are a bit better, but not that much.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #361 on: October 19, 2012, 12:04:38 pm »
+4
Dave one-shot me in a clan battle we had against mercs. He was shooting somewhat upwards (pretty tiny height difference, but still upwards) into my chest. Had 18 strength, 2 IF and 50 body armor. Died. Anyway, I rarely get one-shot by arbalests. Arbalests usually needs 2 shots, Rus Bows needs the exact same amount while being able to fire on the run and with a higher rate of fire. An arbalest guy will be a better melee unit though. Think it's quite balanced, maybe bows are a bit better, but not that much.

Compared to throwers both classes are OP.

I bet i would need to throw 4 axes at you before you drop dead. :( That aint fair :(

+ they got more ammo!

Throwers need love!
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #362 on: October 19, 2012, 01:13:46 pm »
In every game, film(document or historical) you see archer almost exclusively with one quiver. Additional arrows sometimes  stick in ground for easier grab(probably also for some pesky diseases), but now archers got 2 or 3 quivers on them. Maybe on war elephant when they do not need mobility. To have stick to the body 3 large quivers(coz 24 arrows cap. is considered large quiver) will hamper in your movement significantly  not to mention ability to draw warbow. But we don't have war elephants or predeployed archer position in warband. We have Legolases with 50+ arrows on them running and drawing with speed of light.

Where is the sense in having 24 arrows in a huge battle where u have to fight for maybe  1-3  days?

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #363 on: October 19, 2012, 02:26:36 pm »
They'd obviously have spare quivers in their caravans but that can be hard to get to in the midst of battle.

I'd like to see something done about point blank shooting with oxbows and bows, issue is doing that promotes running away which most people hate. Regardless of the kiting issue I'd like see the zoom function switch on when your bow gets nocked or the crossbow is raised. Its quite an odd change but at the least it will make point blank shooting harder.

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 19, 2012, 03:08:07 pm »
Firstly battles in crpg are rather skirmishes.
Battle itself have more phases like choose place for camp choosing good position for troop deployment and actually forcing enemy to take action could be tricky he could wait if it suits him.
I don't say that archer cannot bring with himself more then 24 arrow in battlefield but during action he probably carry only one quiver. And when he goes out of ammo he retreat to resupply or errand boys or oxcarts brings them another if situation allow this. So when somebody says that they have 72 to 60 arrows provided per archer this means when every archer shoots 72 arrows army was out of arrows.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 03:17:38 pm by Piok »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #365 on: October 19, 2012, 03:18:52 pm »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.