Author Topic: Unban SOW_BOOTS_OF_SPEED_SLIMPY  (Read 1377 times)

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Unban SOW_BOOTS_OF_SPEED_SLIMPY
« on: May 05, 2012, 08:44:23 pm »
Hey this is totally unacceptable. This dude drdemento tks me repeatedly in a group of enemies, and I attack him at the end of round and I get a 3 day ban.  Seriously, I have donated and generally enrich the gameplay experience... this dude is a major troll, and doesnt ever post on the forums, and then the king of raGE goes on the forums and makes a ban request and it gets fufilled. This is unacceptable.   

Nobody likes drdemento, and all he does is use foul language, use racial slurs and TW and TK like crazy. But im a legitimate player and get banned. Fix this.   I have een playing since feburary of 2011, and i remember him.  Him and myself never got along. So at the end of round, he TWs and Tks me, and I reciprocate next round, and this?

If you ban me, ban drdemento.     He is always getting in the way and deliberately causing a tw. 

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
Re: Unban SOW_BOOTS_OF_SPEED_SLIMPY
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 09:10:01 pm »
I have seen this before, although I don't have any video or screenshot evidence to prove this, it does seem unfair that only 1 side of an argument is heard that can be made to look totally favourable to the person reporting.
If someone else had some evidence to support this then that would be fair but 1 vs 1 that just favours the person reporting as they can be completly biased in the evidence they present to cast themselves as the victim even if that isn't the case.

A 3 day ban with only 1 person's word to go on does seem a tad harsh.

Offline Ragnar_Ulfson

• Count
  • Renown: 185
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ulfson
  • IRC nick: Ulfson
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 11:13:46 pm »
I totally agree with the previous statements.  Slimpy does have a history of TW's of course, but he uses a pike its going to happen.  I've seen worse incidents of TK'ing and most they do is get a warning / kick / and maybe a 1 day ban.  3 Day Ban seems a bit harsh especially Demento having no one to back up his story.  Seems to me pictures were taken after the fact of what he did.  Gotta be fair if you ban one you should ban the other.

Offline Lorden

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 11:16:58 pm »
Last night DrDemento got votebanned twice, once with 50% vote the other 49% vote. It just goes to show that not many people appreciate his raging and TWing. Reducing the ban to 1 day would be much more appropriate, as I hang around these ban forums a LOT and I have not seen any thread requesting Slimpy be banned in quite a while.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 02:53:36 am »
You do have an actual history with being banned for TKing.

"SoW_Boots_of_Speed_SLimPY   Anwyl    13.10.2011 18:10:00    teamkiller   Multiple teamkills. 500 word essay on why teamkilling is wrong to remove ban early."

Thanks for posting, but his screenshots were pretty evident of ill intent. Your history here also contradicts what you just posted. I'm lowering the duration to two days as it has been a while since your last ban. Now, since you guys are acting like DrDemento deserves a ban, you should provide some evidence or there is nothing that can, or will be done.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 03:49:45 am »
Are you stating i write a 500 word essay to remove the ban?   

kicking someone in full armor does not warrant 4 consecutive tw's to tk someone.

it seems armor crutchers like demento are always pissed off cause they suck at the game. its not my fault, demento, that you like to tw people and piss and whine about it when someone thinks youre a sissy and tw's you back

by the way tydeus, jump in game sometime and watch demento play. hes garbage. and a big whiney troll.  He does not do anything to benefit the community
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 03:54:29 am by slimpyman »

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 01:20:22 pm »
It isnt a real ban thread until someone in NH comes in with useless input

Poops right on this one
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 02:29:09 pm »
Are you stating i write a 500 word essay to remove the ban?   

kicking someone in full armor does not warrant 4 consecutive tw's to tk someone.

it seems armor crutchers like demento are always pissed off cause they suck at the game. its not my fault, demento, that you like to tw people and piss and whine about it when someone thinks youre a sissy and tw's you back

by the way tydeus, jump in game sometime and watch demento play. hes garbage. and a big whiney troll.  He does not do anything to benefit the community
I have actually played with Demento several times. You don't put 3000+ hours into this mod and not know the regulars, be they on the battle server, the siege server, or primarily duelists. I checked over the logs for that day, and while I saw him do a lot of raging, I wasn't able to verify much due to the log being mildly broken when filtering (I brought it up in irc, that's about all I can do as an admin).

I am not stating you write a 500 word essay, that was a note added by Anwyl for when she banned you. Obviously it was a pretty serious offense, I've never seen someone have to write an essay to get unbanned early for their first ban.

Offline Lorden

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 07:30:18 pm »
Either that or his first and ONLY ban (back in October 2011 so more than 6 months ago) was too harsh, as is the one right now. Instead of going by a one-liner in the admin console, why not pull up the original ban thread? Frankly I really get the feeling he's being afforded harsher punishments than regular TKers/gate openers, based upon a ban thread almost a year old.

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 06:44:32 am »
I suppose this game is turning into a game of antagonizing others into twing, or stepping into a battle getting deliberately teamwounded, and then follow it up with 3-4 screenshots.  You can get anyone banned this way, i hear. 

as i recall, the first time i got banned was from a no-namer who made an account specifically to post a ban thread against me. i was playin for a couple hours with this dude, and start of round he would tw me 1-2 times  and then run off.     did it everytime we were on the same team.    So the following next match, i spawned right next to him and tked him.   he got like 2 screenshots and got me banned for tking. 

I wish people would play predominately for fun.   All these jerkoffs get their dicks hard from trolling others, especially when it has no personal gain.

NA Admins need to go 2 school 2 learn 2 admin.

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 01:29:29 pm »
Please reconsider slimpymans ban as you can see the current system in place isn't the best and it seems unfair that he should be punished because of someone's trolling

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 02:39:02 pm »
I checked the logs both before and after this incident, you certainly were the one deserving of a ban. You'll be unbanned in just a few hours anyway.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:40:20 pm by Tydeus »

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 04:19:14 pm »
as i recall, the first time i got banned was from a no-namer who made an account specifically to post a ban thread against me. i was playin for a couple hours with this dude, and start of round he would tw me 1-2 times  and then run off.     did it everytime we were on the same team.    So the following next match, i spawned right next to him and tked him.   he got like 2 screenshots and got me banned for tking. 

By your own admission you were violating the rules and were justly banned for it. Do not teamkill when someone is teamwounding you, take screenshots and press M to report them for teamwounding. This way there is evidence in the logs and through your pictures.

NA playas ned 2 go 2 school 2 learn 2 stop brakin' da rules!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ragnar_Ulfson

• Count
  • Renown: 185
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ulfson
  • IRC nick: Ulfson
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 04:19:43 pm »
Well I see my previous post was deleted...but let me repost it.  This isn't High School, Essays are for when you're in the principles office, not playing a game where it has no meaning to the person writing it or reading it.  I don't have the fix to the system but essays sure as shit isn't it.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 04:20:18 pm »
Essays are for perma bans and repeat offenders and they are hilarious.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:22:25 pm by PhantomZero »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login