Author Topic: (EU) Warband - Server Gandara  (Read 30100 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: (EU) Warband - Server Gandara
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2012, 07:46:18 pm »
Stupid misinterpretation of the "no grind" thingie. You do not have to grind for power, aquiring 80 lvl exotics (best stats) requires barely any effort. Legendaries are just skins, nothing more.
On top of that I constantly see people running away from GW2 and crying "I've got everything, there is nothing left to do". Imagine how many would give up even earlier if there wasn't any grind to it. Grind is what makes most MMO players going. Big part of cRPG's success is the grind involved.

Yeah, legendaries are skins, nothing more. Once you're done getting lvl 80 gear and exploring there is much more to do for a PvE player that is not grind, like...

... but wait, grind is good. It's what keeps MMO players going.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2012, 08:13:30 pm »
Not to defend GW2's flaws, but CMP,  like Thing said , cRPG partially owes it's big success to the grind aspect of the mod.

So really, how can you judge grinding in general without having a hypocritical aftertaste ?

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2012, 08:18:06 pm »
Not to defend GW2's flaws, but CMP,  like Thing said , cRPG partially owes it's big success to the grind aspect of the mod.

So really, how can you judge grinding in general without having a hypocritical aftertaste ?

Where did I say grinding is bad? I was judging people who say there is no grind, when it's obviously not true.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2012, 08:22:59 pm »
+1
My personal definition of Grind have always been "doing something unfun over and over again to be able to do something fun".

I don't see the lvl'ing or gold/karma gaining in both cRPG and GW 2 as a grind because I have fun doing it.

That's just my definition though.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2012, 08:27:05 pm »
I stopped having fun when I did the same DEs for the third time

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2012, 08:58:05 pm »
+1
Where did I say grinding is bad? I was judging people who say there is no grind, when it's obviously not true.

A typical reply from a "notable" member of cRPG community.........you slacked/muted/banned people for far less then that.

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MadeForFighting

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Wabbajack
  • IRC nick: TrueThing
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2012, 10:23:22 pm »
Bad troll, Gnjus, bad!
About the grind aspect - I guess it comes down to definition, aye? For me "grinding" stops after you reach the maximum level of "power" attainable, thus making you statistically "equal" to other players. Skins are optional and yes, of course you've got to grind like hell for them, but there is virtually no requirement to do so. I agree that PvE content ends really fast unless you want those skins, no idea how big of a flaw that is to be honest. I am not a fan of that aspect of MMO's, but they all share it - PvE content eventually has to end, and all thats left is grinding. We grinded in every MMO before, we grind in GW2 (optionally!), we're propably gonna keep doing it in future MMO's. Honestly I do not even know how could they extend PvE without that element.
Edit:
Its worth noting that there's still a huge selection of skins for all weapons and armour that you can obtain in easy, no-grind required ways.  :rolleyes:

Buboes, phlegm, blood and guts! Boils, bogeys, rot and pus! Blisters, fevers, weeping sores! From your wounds the fester pours!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 27, 2012, 02:22:44 pm »
GW2 will eventually prove people want a game with 150+ levels where the last ones take over a month to complete.

It's not like it forbids other people that don't like to "grind" to be content with a more reasonable character.

I don't get why so many people are obsessed with being equal in stats to others, or having everything at maximum.

Offline MadeForFighting

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Wabbajack
  • IRC nick: TrueThing
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2012, 06:11:52 pm »
I don't get why so many people are obsessed with being equal in stats to others, or having everything at maximum.
We're really fat and insecure in real life.

Buboes, phlegm, blood and guts! Boils, bogeys, rot and pus! Blisters, fevers, weeping sores! From your wounds the fester pours!

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2012, 04:12:19 pm »
We're really fat and insecure in real life.

I have small penis

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2012, 10:26:09 pm »
Been collecting token armour to get a different look since at cap as a pve player that's only thing I've got left apart of getting the friggen black or abyss dye (People told me it's a darker black) and yesterday I found out arah is yet again bugged.

I knew that their statement that the game would launch bug free was just a hype statement but the constant bugs on the higher levels is really disappointing :/

Not sure what to do now, not feeling the vibe to start a new alt.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2012, 12:19:12 pm »
Been collecting token armour to get a different look since at cap as a pve player that's only thing I've got left apart of getting the friggen black or abyss dye (People told me it's a darker black) and yesterday I found out arah is yet again bugged.

I knew that their statement that the game would launch bug free was just a hype statement but the constant bugs on the higher levels is really disappointing :/

Not sure what to do now, not feeling the vibe to start a new alt.
Endgame zones Arah , straits of devastation etc are full of bugs.
I finished those maps by switching to different servers.
It was free and instant so whenever i encountered a bug on skill challenge or something i switched to some other server , sometimes the server i switched to had the same bug so i switched to another one etc...
That way you can finish those zones ;)