Author Topic: NA_Battle_Community (100/80) Map Listing (With Screenshots)  (Read 8002 times)

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: NA/North America (100/80) Map Listing (With Screenshots)
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 07:35:33 pm »
I need to learn to read better I didn't realize we could vote maps only because we didn't like.  I would like to add a few to my first post.  By the way map makers please don't get offended.  I know it takes alot of time to do what you do but just b/c you spend time on something doesn't mean the community has to like it.  Thanks for your hard work.

So I nominate to remove.

The Docks - I hated this map from the first day I played it hate it even more now.  Maybe if there were more path ways and everything wan't so point to point linear path only but no even then remove it.

Blood Arena - I used to love this map till after I played it like 10 times.  Today I really hate it the tower with only one way up the lack of real cover.  The birdges and trolls that want to live in them, the side ruins, the circle ruins and all the other places 1-2 people camp I hate it.  The water I hate!  The spikes in the water, hate.  The map looks cool and is balanced but I still hate it.

Hillside -  I hate playing this map too.  Also let's be honest a hill that steep would be cool in a game where stamina exsited.  Everone would be worn out by the time they got to the top and most people would fight at the bottom.

Tulbuk's Pass - Once again this map is balanced and okay in many ways but I just don't like it.  Not enough cover you get like 30 people in each ruin area which just makes me mad. 

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 09:55:24 pm »
After playing Sandcastle, I need to add it to my remove list.

I have no idea why, but this map causes my framerate to drop under 30 in some spots. Unfortunately those spots are where the fighting takes place. Must be something about the trees. The other issue are all the roofs. By default, you cannot access them. But people regularly get ladders up there that then get destroyed.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2011, 10:16:23 pm »
Border Forts:
The biggest problem is the spawn area, where one team can slide up the ridge to an 'innaccessible' location. Fix that and it should be ok.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Airith

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • NA Community Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among The Shadows
  • Game nicks: Airith_ATS, Solanar_II_ATS
  • IRC nick: Airith
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 08:19:04 pm »
Votes updated. List of removed:
Sakura Islands
Bariyye
Sky Castle
Darkness Caverns
Misty Mountain Hop
Hillside
Blood Arena
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 06:53:49 pm by Airith »
And our time is flyin' see the candle burnin' low
Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
~The Rover - Led Zeppelin

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 01:32:49 am »
River Village
The spawns give one team the high ground and the village with easy fire lanes, shooting down from easy to get to roofs.
Move spawns to furthest apart stone bridges.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 04:54:03 am »
Votes updated. List of removed:
Sakura Islands
Bariyye
Sky Castle
Darkness Caverns
Misty Mountain Hop
Hillside
Blood Arena

I just went through the entire thread to make sure I'm not crazy, but I only see 2 nominations for blood arena, and it is removed? It's one of the classically balanced maps that we have on the server. Good for cav, ranged, AND infantry. Sad to see it go with so few people disliking it.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline vocab

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 11:33:52 pm »
Screaming Trees - Aka I'm playing Crysis. This map is probably the worst map in the whole lineup. Too much foliage. Night time Screaming Trees is almost unplayable. You cannot see shit unless you crank the brightness and contrast to burn your monitor out to even see swings.

Cathedral - aka why do I have frame drops everywhere in this map. Unoptimized, too much running around, and just not very good. One side goes outside to the desert, while other team goes into cathedral. Becomes a turtle fest in way too many situations.

Bay keep - aka Why the fuck did I just die as soon as I spawned. Very one sided map. One team spawns next to stairs, while the other team just takes pot shots at the whole team thats walking up the stairs. A lot of ladder shenanigans also happen on this map. The top section to get to the other side becomes a camping grounds for all ranged.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:38:35 pm by vocab »

Offline Faroff

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 10:32:36 pm »
This is a lot of maps I know but there are good reasons for removing them all as I will list.  Thanks to all the map makers for making them and please don't take offense if one of these maps is yours.  Thanks.  And thanks Airith for making this thread!

1.   Snowy Waste -   Map too BIG.   It is so big people get lost in the woods even without the fog.  Add the fog boom everyone is lost.  Also 1 of the teams get to the only real cover on the map, the tower, faster.  Also the flag is really close to one side of the map I think flags should be  in the middle when possible of any map.

2.   Field 2 -  Flag is so far behind the team that spawn by the 1 man bridge.  The map is also too big as it goes way back there.  To hilly for me too I hate that part.   So unbalanced too one side gets to spawn on the top of a hill near a even steeper hill they can camp.  That same team also has ruins they can camp.  Where the other team spawns at the foot of the hills, has no ruins, and the real kicker they get this shit bridge that only one person can walk on at a time to cross.  People use that bridge to mega troll as well.  Maybe if the spawn were moved and the flag point it could stay come back but until at least those thing happen remove it ty.

3.  Blood Arena - This map has seen it's day.  We have been playing it for like 5-6 months now and it's old.   I just hate as I am usually a 2 H user and don't have a shield.  I just get owned by ranged.  If the camping ranged don't get me it's the CAV!  The water below with the spikes just sucks too. 

4.  Cathedral  -  Too big of map for it being so enclosed.   The top part of the map makes it worse too.  Have you ever played this map with 10-15 people on each team?  The team splits up in 3 different directions and in the end a few people are doing circles in halls trying to find each other.

5.  The Dock -  Would at least be okay if we had more planks leading to more boats.  This map has also been around a long time and has just gotten old and boring.  Hell I'd rather have a super buggy map like Moria come back than see this thing stay around anymore.

6.  Tulbuk's Pass -  To hilly.  To few ruins.  Not fun for anyone but ranged or shielders.

7.  Hillside -  Way to hilly.  Takes forever to get to the top.  Unless you have a Courser horse this map is just not fun.

Also my votes for Cathedral and Snowy Waste were the 6 votes on those map please go check am I did 3 times.  Also my vote for docks was the 5.  And sry that I voted for hills after it was removed I didn't realize.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:43:56 pm by Faroff »

Offline Airith

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • NA Community Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among The Shadows
  • Game nicks: Airith_ATS, Solanar_II_ATS
  • IRC nick: Airith
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 08:06:09 am »
Maps removed:

cathedral, bay keep, snowy wastes, the docks.
blood arena was removed by me being contacted by other ats members, bringing it to 5.
And our time is flyin' see the candle burnin' low
Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
~The Rover - Led Zeppelin

Offline serpus

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 07:13:07 pm »
is the wallace siege map removed yet?

Offline Baron_Settmour

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: ISIS_Sterling_Archer, Fallen_Ragnvaldr
  • IRC nick: Varangian
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 01:53:01 am »
is the wallace siege map removed yet?

Oh please Admin Gods, remove this map! Wallace Siege Map is the worst thing since AIDs and Cancer mixed with hepatitis.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 08:20:29 pm »
I would like to vote City Seige off the rotation. For those reading, this is the map with one long stone bridge. Thats about it. There are a line of boats but few ever go that way. It ends up being each team sitting on either side of the map until someone decides to finally go across. There is nothing else to do.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Baron_Settmour

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: ISIS_Sterling_Archer, Fallen_Ragnvaldr
  • IRC nick: Varangian
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 04:38:08 am »
Remove the "updated city siege" map. I don't know its real name but it used to be that the offense almost always won and now the defense always wins because it takes 1:02 exactly to walk from the offense spawn to the flag with 3 athletics.

Offline Devilize

• Baron
  • Renown: 125
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!!!
    • View Profile
    • cRPG_NA Server info
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devilize, Hospitaller_Devil_Eyez
  • IRC nick: Devilize
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 07:44:28 am »
Forest Bridge - far overdue for an update, has several too many invisible trees - should have never made it through to being put in rotation.

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
Re: Re: NA/North America (100/80) Map Listing (With Screenshots)
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 06:01:37 am »
Uhm I updated Snowy Wastes. Less cross country, more awesome.
Also planning on adding a flanking route, later  :?
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2527
Might setup the Arena I made so I could be used for Battle, if you guys want it.
:I
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login