Author Topic: Recovery & editing of serial/cd-key guide  (Read 17174 times)

Offline hammerit

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Recovery & editing of serial/cd-key guide
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 05:42:02 pm »
Can i change cd-key, that bound to my character? Steam override cd-key in registry at game starting up.

Offline Baldr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Baldr?
    • View Profile
    • BALDR
  • Faction: Baldr
  • Game nicks: Baldr & Balder
  • IRC nick: Baldr damnit!
Re: Recovery & editing of serial/cd-key guide
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 12:00:09 am »
PLAYING cRPG WITH MORE THAN ONE SERIAL KEY

Postby Fallen_Smiling_Daemon ยป 30 Mar 2011, 02:45
This is how I managed to play 3 separate accounts.

First I have the game for steam and steam doesn't like it when you do this, it only accepts the last serial you use so here's the work around. Without Steam.

1. Download the game from Tales World and install.
2. When it ask you to put in a serial, put in one of the serial keys you have.
2a. If you don't know what your serial is and its on steam, right click on it and choose "View game CD key"
2b. If its not on steam then you should know what your serial is.
3. So now you have a the game up and running with 1 of your serial.
4. Go to run, then type "regedit"
5. Find where M&B stores its serial, which is at HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> MountAndBladeWarbandKeys , left click on it
6. You will then see a bunch of strings and their values, one of which is the important "serial_key"
7. Now Right-Click in where those strings are and select New -> String Value
8. Lets name it "serial_key-PillowPet"
9. Double click on that serial_key-PillowPet, and for the Value data, type in your other serial key
10. That's it, so now if I want to switch serial keys, I will have to go into Regedit and rename "serial_key" to "serial_key-SmilingDaemon. And rename "serial_key-PillowPet" to just plain "serial_key". You do this every time you want to switch serial keys.

The string with the name "serial_key" is the one that you will be using. Strings with other name will just be stored there. If you want your games on Steam, then just add the shortcut for M&B to Steam and it will pretty much be the same. I also had to uninstall my Steam copy of the game to make this work.