Poll

Katana to be nerfed (Increase in Cost)

AGREE
39 (39.4%)
DISAGREE
60 (60.6%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Author Topic: Katana Increase in cost [AGREE/DISAGREE]  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
Re: Katana Increase in cost [AGREE/DISAGREE]
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 09:37:21 am »
+2

I can retaliate vs. Khorin just fine with my 89 speed poleaxe, if you get repeatedly spammed you just suck.

Voted no because the katana is in no way OP, a slight reduction in price might even be warranted.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 10:07:36 am »
I can retaliate vs. Khorin just fine with my 89 speed poleaxe, if you get repeatedly spammed you just suck.

Voted no because the katana is in no way OP, a slight reduction in price might even be warranted.
tl;dr = With the correct build boasting 187 wpf, and a +3 katana

I've never played against Khorin, so you're claims mean zero to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 10:07:48 am »
You forget Dezi that the 9str build's189 wpf is 50% faster than my 174 wpf.

And the katana is slightly curved which makes the length of the weapon slightly deceptive even though it's accurate. If swinging at extreme range the katana contacts a microsecond earlier than what you'd think. It assumes the sword is straight, due to engine limitations. It's the same with all curved weapons.

In any case. The same can be said about the bastard sword. The amount of swings between the two weapons per minute is almost the same. And the bastard doesn't get stunned as easily.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:11:41 am by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 10:10:41 am »
You forget Dezi that the 9str build's189 wpf is 50% faster than my 174 wpf.

And the katana is slightly curved which makes the length of the weapon slightly deceptive even though it's accurate. If swinging at extreme range the katana contacts a microsecond earlier than what you'd think. It assumes the sword is straight, due to engine limitations. It's the same with all curved weapons.

If they're wearing robes, it would be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 10:18:26 am »
Oh, I forgot to take my equipment into account. I have 169 effective WPF.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 10:41:34 am »
+3
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 11:27:15 am »
Friend with 8 ps and mw danish gs killed me with 4 hits but agiwhore (prob) mw katana kills with 2 ....
Speed bonus, sweet spot 'bonus' (or lack of a penalty), hold bonus, head shot bonus, and a lucky armor roll likely all working together. A masterwork katana does less damage than a masterwork danish (it's listed in the stats), so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

When fighting this, it's hard to time your manual blocks in accordance with the weapon speed.
No, it's not. The difference between 130 wpf and 180 wpf is minimal at best. A 3 PS player will likely be effectively slower versus any opponent with decent armor, since he will glance if he hits too early in the swing animation. With higher powerstrike, you can get away with hitting almost immediately after the swing animation starts.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:15:51 pm by Vodner »

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 12:37:53 am »
No, it's not. The difference between 130 wpf and 180 wpf is minimal at best. A 3 PS player will likely be effectively slower versus any opponent with decent armor, since he will glance if he hits too early in the swing animation. With higher powerstrike, you can get away with hitting almost immediately after the swing animation starts.

Yet Ninjas are the worst exploiters of hiltslash, how do you explain that? Since Paul's glance nerf, any high damage weapon (which a MW katana is), will very rarely glance at the beginning of the animation.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 01:14:47 am »
In no way is the katana op. Yes, a MW Katana is viable with extreme agi builds but you then die in 1 hit to most people.

Offline Ninja_Murphy

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Murphinator
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 07:33:48 pm »
Katana... An interesting contraption.

Okay, I'll begin my rant, by suggesting that it doesn't have 95 reach, as it has a hitbox that extends well past the tip.

On another note, it has 37c and 101 speed. When +3 that's 102 speed and 40c... If you combine this with the 9:30 build, you can have 187 wpf. I shit you not. This makes the speed of the katana absolutely nutso, and the ultimate spam wep. When fighting this, it's hard to time your manual blocks in accordance with the weapon speed. You may be thinking that with 3 PS, it will do fuckall damage. Wrong. A 3:36 agility build with a scythe rarely bounces due to the very small range of damage with high wpf. (this can be checked on calculators). This 3:36 build with scythe is relevant to the 9:30 katana, as the damage principles are the same.

tl;dr = With the correct build boasting 187 wpf, and a +3 katana, u rape bitches.

You are wrong, i often bounce with 5 ps and itsvery frustrating as you are cheated from a kill and it makes you seem crappy.
also when ppl said katana's can 2h the average 2h, that is bull, it takes me atleast 4 hits with 5 ps and +3 katana to kill a transitional player and armours around that, where they can one shot me or 2 hit me.

the only thing that makes the katana bearable is the power up attack where you hold alt+left click+ f4 and you get a massive boost of speed and 100+ damage

(dont press alt f4 i was joking, tards please pay attention to this addition)

Offline Gloin

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gloin_Ironhammer
  • IRC nick: Gloin
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2012, 07:43:50 pm »
Disagreed.It is short enough.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2012, 09:45:34 pm »
+1
Okay, I'll begin my rant, by suggesting that it doesn't have 95 reach, as it has a hitbox that extends well past the tip.

wat... umm... That's like saying you don't believe the danish does 40 base cut damage. The length has nothing to do with the model, it's purely based on the stat, therefore whatever the stat says the length is, that's the length. You could theoretically put 120 length on a dagger, and it would have 120 length, just a bunch of ghost reach.

You also seem to massively overestimate how much wpf actually does. Check the calculator: 40 cut with 3 PS and 189 wpf (I'm doing these calculations assuming no armor, which of course is a rare occurence) on 45 body armor is average 22 damage. MW danish, 43 cut with let's say a somewhat balanced build so 24/15 with 8 PS and 111 wm (assuming no weaponmaster, or just a nasty reduction from using armor), = 32.5 average damage on 45 body armor.

So, in this scenario the danish does almost 50% more damage on a target with medium armor. Yes, the katana is fast, but it's also damn short and can't hit nearly as hard. Not to mention that in order to use it effectively you need to make a build and gear setup that will, as others have said before, get 1 shot by most people, whereas the katana wielder will need to hit around 3-4 times even against medium armor, assuming average hits.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2012, 11:25:31 pm »
Following on from Murphy, I have 6 PS at the moment and it generally takes 2 hits to kill archers 4+ for most others. Again death in 1 return hit a lot of the time, 2-3 tops, I've also been known to bounce off Rounceys although that hasn't happened in a while.

As for the stab on it, it's so feeble it makes me lol.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2012, 12:37:03 am »
+2
The Katana, Nodachi and Strange Armour is already deliberately price inflated for the cost, just like the dresses and Gilded gauntlets.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2012, 01:19:49 am »
Up its cost, up its thrust.

Quit whining about shitty weeaboo weapons.  あほ馬鹿。
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:22:58 am by Brrrak »