Author Topic: When is the rollback?  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
When is the rollback?
« on: December 20, 2011, 04:49:03 pm »
Between a bugged map, invisible villages, and bugged battles for a couple days now.  Just want to find out when a rollback and fix will be occurring??
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:01:11 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: When is the rollback?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 05:09:22 pm »
You sound upset.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 05:23:01 pm »
You sound upset.

Not really, more like apathetic.  U mad bro?

Also, please keep on topic in strategus issues threads.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 05:31:30 pm »
+4
You sure whine a lot about Strategus, considering that with every breath you remember to tell everyone that you don't care about it at all.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 05:34:57 pm »
+11
He's right about one thing, though; the strat map being so screwed up for such a long time has far-reaching enough consequences for all players to merit a rollback.
Don't.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 05:36:03 pm »
+9
WIPE!
Nah, really, i mean it. Strat is fucked up right now and no more fun. Well, at least it's not, if you are part of one of the few clans that don't suck the dick of the almighty carebear. Not to mention the bugs destroying many hours/days of strat-management for both sides...and now even the map is fucked up...

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 05:39:42 pm »
You sure whine a lot about Strategus, considering that with every breath you remember to tell everyone that you don't care about it at all.

Lol, a one-liner asking about a rollback is whining??  Fail troll=fail!  hahaha.

back on topic:  Okin, any word from chadz on a fix/rollback??
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:40:56 pm by Keshian »

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 05:40:56 pm »
WIPE!
Nah, really, i mean it. Strat is fucked up right now and no more fun. Well, at least it's not, if you are part of one of the few clans that don't suck the dick of the almighty carebear. Not to mention the bugs destroying many hours/days of strat-management for both sides...and now even the map is fucked up...

There shouldn't be a wipe at this stage unless the game was being changed in some really radical way again, and even then it should be done with advance warning, not as a follow-up to a crippling bug. Just fix these current problems and roll back to before they started.
Don't.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 05:45:37 pm »
There shouldn't be a wipe at this stage unless the game was being changed in some really radical way again, and even then it should be done with advance warning, not as a follow-up to a crippling bug. Just fix these current problems and roll back to before they started.

I actually agree with you.  The next Strategus will be just as boring unless some radical changes are implemented (movement speed, cost of equipment, reduced losses from flag capping/retreating (95% is excessive) etc.).  Plus most of the people I know are burnt out with the tedium and wouldn't be jumping back into the water right away if it was reset without major overhaul.

P.S.  Though interesting note, Strat 2.0 was ended in a follow-up to a crippling bug where 14 man armies could take cities and many of the european clans tried to abuse it in force.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 05:54:11 pm »
+1
I hope the wipe will be on new year, as I wont have much time over christmas  :mrgreen:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 06:02:47 pm »
+1

Meh. I guess after HRE is wiped out it's time to say goodbye to strat then =(

Offline Sharky

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Legione Italica
  • Game nicks: LEGIO_Sharkyborn_Sharkatron Legio_Lollia_Paolina Legio_Sharkatrower Legio_SharkaNukes
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 06:36:01 pm »
+1
wipe would be really a bad idea considered that strat is going painfully low, is still bugged as hell and nobody even took a castle or can do large battles because of current rules...

A rollback is what we need, just a few days  :(

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 07:57:07 pm »
+4
Meh. I guess after HRE is wiped out it's time to say goodbye to strat then =(

It's kinda sad, every round some clan either gets completely wiped off the Strategus map or faces odds so insurmountable that most of the players quit playing cRPG altogether because Strategus was the only thing keeping them around.  Last round it was the Eastern Tsardom and a large portion of ATS and now this round it's Fallen/allies and FCC showing signs of doing the same, sticking around making suggestions because they like the game but at the same time threatening to do this:

(click to show/hide)

As a neutral player moving around on the Strategus map this round, it was really fun initially when I could go wherever I wanted and craft wherever I wanted.  Then I kinda got hit by that same wave of apathy toward the game the moment when most of the villages were captured and locked down with 100 gold fees so my movement was severely restricted.  Around that time a couple of the other traders and neutrals I'd been coordinating with lost interest in Strategus en masse, just like these clans do when they lose a war and have no hope of recovering.

This is why I made my 6 factions only (that anyone could join) with unique cheap gear in different areas of the map suggestion, to make Strategus less likely to cut large portions of the playerbase completely out of the game.  People that just want to work could work and have no restrictions, and the people that just want fight would always be able to join a faction and have someone to fight.  If their faction was destroyed, they could all join another faction with no preconditions thus maybe keeping players interested in the game instead of cutting them out bit by bit.  I think a system like this would give active players more value and make the game more open to casual players too.

It sounds like we're getting a bigger map next round and maybe that will fix everything, but I just think it might be delaying the inevitable thing that happens every version of Strategus.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 08:16:26 pm »
+1
Something else maybe is to make villages even harder to take and defenders anonymous so every village will actually get defended (also need to actually give out gold and some decent xp).  And with decreased equipment cost and a lower rate of upkeep, we would ahve more castles and cities actually attacked and real battles.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 11:23:57 pm »

This is why I made my 6 factions only (that anyone could join) with unique cheap gear in different areas of the map suggestion, to make Strategus less likely to cut large portions of the playerbase completely out of the game.  People that just want to work could work and have no restrictions, and the people that just want fight would always be able to join a faction and have someone to fight.  If their faction was destroyed, they could all join another faction with no preconditions thus maybe keeping players interested in the game instead of cutting them out bit by bit.  I think a system like this would give active players more value and make the game more open to casual players too.

Well have you ever seen any MMORPG that lets players start their own faction where you can potentially be totally wiped out ? It's always Blue vs Red (sometimes vs Green) and the Capitals aren't attackable.  There should be a wipe of Strategus and people can join a side, and they can,t all stack in the same faction, so if too many red , you have to go blue. So if the carebear alliance still want to be together, they'd be against much more people that they can't force to ally themselves to their alliance and you'd have people standing against such faction.

If it gets too many red vs blues , than red should get handicap or blue a bonus. So a mercenary will go for the faction with a bonus to Gold / XP and fight for them. That's how Shattered Galaxy do it to balance their game, that's how Battlestar Gallactica Online does it and so many others... If you put the possibility to be wiped out totally , people get scared and make huge alliances , but if you,re safe and can always restart from a Capital or town that can't be taken, then you care less about taking risks...

That's my opinion ... now fight and troll