Author Topic: idea to increase RPing  (Read 1872 times)

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
Re: idea to increase rping
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 10:48:32 pm »
Theres about 80 different types of medium-heaviest armours (not counting very light armour since pointless, includes plate).

And since theres way more people than that... well.. 120 man server whatcha gonna do?

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 11:24:51 pm »
I sorta like it but most stuff goes with other stuff. Fir example, almost every weapon goes with a light kayak except from maybe a katana. So suddenly all the people start wearin kuyaks. And then people who brought strange armour to use with shields go "Oh Shit" and despaerately try to sell it, but with this they won't be able to. I sorta like the idea, but perhaps it is a bit unfair on some people.

Offline Skysong

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Skysong
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 11:35:37 pm »
I read it idea to increase ping at first.

Could be interesting...

Offline Toffey

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 03:23:07 am »
How would you even go about role playing in cRPG? The story is: Look! Other team! Kill them!
It's pretty hard to get into that setting. I'm not even sure where the mod takes place. Are we in Calradia or Earth? Or Age of Empires land? That's where samurai fighting vikings is perfectly acceptable.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 10:41:40 am »
+1
I agree with this. Whenever I see a ninja use those samurai boots instead of black khergit boots, i get so mad I want to break my monitor.

In other words, I don't agree with this. What if someone roleplays a mercenary who picks up the armor of his fallen foes, leading to odd combinations that are effective? What you suggest decreases roleplaying.

I'm always in character.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 11:01:03 am »
I agree with this. Whenever I see a ninja use those samurai boots instead of black khergit boots, i get so mad I want to break my monitor.

In other words, I don't agree with this. What if someone roleplays a mercenary who picks up the armor of his fallen foes, leading to odd combinations that are effective? What you suggest decreases roleplaying.

I'm always in character.

i concure!  what about someone rping a retard?  actually the only thing that should be awarded should be crossdressing...
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 11:15:39 am »

Thats what came to my mind too. If you watch medieval movies (good historical reference  :mrgreen:), you often see masses of soldiers with all kinds of armor, helmets, weapons, because normal (poor) soldier would gather anything useful from its slain foes. At least I would grab a better helmet if I see it laying on the battlefield and I wouldn't care a shit if it fits the rest of my armour.

Well of course a rich knight wouldn't do this but vast majority of the soldiers where just poor damned souls back then.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 11:17:19 am by dodnet »
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 11:46:11 am »
I read it idea to increase ping at first.

Same, OP learn to capitalize abbreviations!

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 12:31:01 pm »
what about someone rping a retard?

At least half of cRPG players don't need to RP that at all, since they already match the profile just by appearing on the server.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
Re: idea to increase RPing
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 07:39:26 pm »
+1
i capitalised the title so everyone, including the special people on this forum that can't read normally :lol:

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 07:55:48 pm »
+1
I think that the best way to implement this would be : for someone (or someones) to go through each item, and assign a value to it.

You could base it on culture if you like, or time period, or w/e. Like all samurai related gear gets a value of "1". All steppe warrior related gear gets a value of "2", so on and so forth.

Then those someone(s) can present the completed list to the devs, saving them the time and trouble of doing it themselves. Then the devs can work out how to tell WSE to tell the game to give matching "values" a slight reduction in upkeep.  :mrgreen:

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 03:25:28 pm »
Just like to point out that giving a buff to matching sets does, in fact, penalize people not wearing matching sets. (They will be, relatively, weaker.)

Also, this would be impossible to implement for 95% of the armor, as there is no specific item to go with it.

Besides, why do you care what horrible outfit someone ELSE wears? Not like it's on your character. Sure, someone like Thulsa_Doom may look eye-bleedingly awful, but just let that make your character look better by comparison. You can't force RPing.