Author Topic: 'All thine hard work...' message  (Read 3900 times)

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
Re: 'All thine hard work...' message
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2011, 08:20:35 pm »
My idea:
I think you should be able to set an item for each slot (a duplicate of the screen where we save our default gear) that you are learning to craft, and only when you are wearing the gear you have saved you acquire skill in it. So if you have an axe set to gain skill but equip a sword in CRPG you gain no skill, when you switch back to that axe you gain skill again. So you if you want to fool around with some other gear you don't lose progress for your craft items, but you don't gain any either. Item crafting levels could be tied to XP gain, and should display how much exp to crafting level up. If you switch out your saved item just before a level gain you wouldn't get it for the new item, it would be back at zero.

I really like this idea!
As someone who often switches between my real armor, which is only 30k worth of gear (not crutch worthy) and my fool around armor to make gold.. I rarely get the text, I've gotten it once this gen and I'm now level 30..
The one time I did get it, I was level 18 in a blue tunic and a deli cap. It's quite frustrating when you don't get it when it's even possible to equip the armor you want the text for.
I just hate the idea of dropping skill because I can't even wear the items I want due to the horrid timing of the text.

This idea would fix a lot of players frustration, including mine.
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2011, 08:21:49 pm »
Not very helpful for us to figure out what circumstances create the message.  Do you always use the same equipment?  Do you swap any or all of it out once in a while (or frequently)?  Anything you're doing different?

ive got the message wearing the same helmet, body armor and leg armor like 25+ times.... never got message less than 3 times a gen.. also never played any past lvl 30 (always retire rite away)

Offline Hobb

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011, 08:27:44 pm »
I really like this idea!
As someone who often switches between my real armor, which is only 30k worth of gear (not crutch worthy) and my fool around armor to make gold.. I rarely get the text, I've gotten it once this gen and I'm now level 30..
The one time I did get it, I was level 18 in a blue tunic and a deli cap. It's quite frustrating when you don't get it when it's even possible to equip the armor you want the text for.
I just hate the idea of dropping skill because I can't even wear the items I want due to the horrid timing of the text.

This idea would fix a lot of players frustration, including mine.

thats not the problem.. ive spent like 6 gens with the same armor and still can only make my lordly heraldic mail with tabard for 100 gold... i gt the message all the time

point being, either message needs to b more often, or the discount needs to b higher

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2011, 08:30:01 pm »
idk, non cav being able to craft horses cheap doesnt sound like a good idea.. gttn to put a rouncey in ur slot without using one?

You could put it in your horse slot but you wouldn't gain skill up exp unless you actually had it equipped in CRPG and using it (so basically paying maintanance in CRPG + in your skill gain slot on website = gains).

Offline Hobb

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2011, 08:41:38 pm »
You could put it in your horse slot but you wouldn't gain skill up exp unless you actually had it equipped in CRPG and using it (so basically paying maintanance in CRPG + in your skill gain slot on website = gains).

ahh kk i gotcha, good idea

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2011, 09:06:24 pm »
thats not the problem.. ive spent like 6 gens with the same armor and still can only make my lordly heraldic mail with tabard for 100 gold... i gt the message all the time

point being, either message needs to b more often, or the discount needs to b higher

I still think Turboflex's idea is the most ideal (with Mechanix's suggestion).  And I think crafting at 40-60% off items is a good bonus for getting the chadztext, I think the price of goods is about twice as high as they should be.  I think discussions are in the works for reducing item costs by half (or some).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Hobb

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2011, 09:18:00 pm »
I still think Turboflex's idea is the most ideal (with Mechanix's suggestion).  And I think crafting at 40-60% off items is a good bonus for getting the chadztext, I think the price of goods is about twice as high as they should be.  I think discussions are in the works for reducing item costs by half (or some).

no, if u half the good price of a heraldic mail with tabard base price of 254 per
it is now at a base price of 127
as of rite now if a crafted them with base price of 127 instead of 254 wit a 65% discount (wat i have now) i would gt them for like 48 gold
which is good, but ive put 4 gens into my +3 (6 total, but only 4 with +3)
as compared to a higher disocunt price which only benfits peoplewho actually place crpg enought to get message something like add 25 to 50 % discount bonus which will still equal close to 68 gold for me, bt people who haveent been using the armor cant just buy it for a base price of 127

why reward those who dont play crpg?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 09:33:34 pm by Hobb »

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2011, 10:20:59 pm »
It's funny -- been trying to get more points on a mid-level helmet and boots for ages.

Went to the duel server and temporarily swapped in my heaviest helm and boots and got the message literally 60 seconds later.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Lepintoi

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shu Han
  • Game nicks: Lepintoi
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2011, 11:14:14 pm »
i have had it alot... i have 48 skill in Kettle helmet and 45 in medium wooden ladder, last gen i had it 4 times this gen 0...

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 08:35:12 am »
i have had it alot... i have 48 skill in Kettle helmet and 45 in medium wooden ladder

WTF! Max I have is 9. Also my skill in Light Kuyak would be higher if I didn't heirloom it. It's bad design that you lose your skill when you improve (heirloom) your stuff.

Do you play battle or siege? I believe you have much better chances when playing siege, as you respawn constantly where in battle if you die, your chance for getting it is over - which really sucks.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lepintoi

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shu Han
  • Game nicks: Lepintoi
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2011, 09:02:05 am »
I only play siege...

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2011, 10:41:38 am »
Yeah siege may be better.  Even if you're on defense you're only dead for 30 seconds at a time, versus what could easily be 3+ minutes on Battle.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2011, 11:13:22 am »
So there should be a change about that. I rarely play siege and it's a huge disadvantage here, esp. if you die often and early in battle (which I am good at  :mrgreen:).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:14:40 am by dodnet »
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2011, 12:55:02 am »
I just got the message when I changed to 1k gear for few rounds and the other time when I all my gear was damaged and 95%of the time I played with pretty nice gear that I would love to craft. Maybe they are even kidding us because I'm getting that message often when I'm playing with my alts. My suggestion is that it should be changed that there is not a big distance of luck and bad luck.