Author Topic: Stamina Bar Needed  (Read 8213 times)

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
Re: Stamina Bar Needed
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 06:11:28 pm »
Long Maul is a very heavy weapon, meaning that it can stun your weapon when you block it. If your weapon gets stunned, you HAVE to block the next attack.If you try to attack instead, and your opponent is attacking also, you will get hit first. If you played for almost 400 hours you should know the basic game mechanics (as long as 390 of those hours arent singleplayer, which also counts into the steam counter).
Also, while backpedalling with long weapon is annoying, you have to deal with it and block every attack until you are in range. If your athletics is low and you are carrying a shield, then it's perfecty possible to just kite you while smashing your face. Deal with it.
And there is nothing like stun-lock in this game, AFAIK. I have never ever seen anyone stun-locked while fighting 1v1. EVER. If you did, that means you have shield with low speed and you didnt click fast enough after recovering from previous stun.

EDIT: Didn't know about the war spear, obviously havent played enough too, and I don't see many ppl carrying one :X
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 06:13:45 pm by Nemeth »

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2011, 06:14:32 pm »
And there is nothing like stun-lock in this game, AFAIK. I have never ever seen anyone stun-locked while fighting 1v1. EVER. If you did, that means you have shield with low speed and you didnt click fast enough after recovering from previous stun.

Wrong, there is. Certain weapons, like the trip-heirloomed warspear, can hit-stun you long enough to get a second hit in. Even in native this can happen. But yeah, not many people use this method.

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2011, 07:11:23 pm »
Wow I've never seen a thread like this... wait this is the 50000th

Average spammers can be beaten with a well timed play or a CHAMBER BLOCK
... you know that thing that noone does because it's hard, but the people that can own with it

GOOD-AMAZING spammers are a very different story... incredibly hard to kill especially on my end where I get 1 attack per 3 seconds...
Implementing a game mechanic that would nerf them for properly using an already existing game mechanic is retarded
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2011, 07:24:59 pm »
Is there a day when we don't get a stamina bar request? Oh yeah cRPG would be so awesome with stamina, you will hit-block-hit-block for ages in slow motion, oh joy :rolleyes:
troll,  l2p without spam
ohh yes......native  combat speed is so slowwwwwwww ......
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 07:29:17 pm by Bonze »
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2011, 07:28:55 pm »
GOOD-AMAZING spammers are a very different story... incredibly hard to kill especially on my end where I get 1 attack per 3 seconds...
Implementing a game mechanic that would nerf them for properly using an already existing game mechanic is retarded

What is retarded is the speed they can swing a long weapon (like the said warspear). It doesn't make sense at all. Same goes for the feinting with huge slow weapons. It is simply a broken game mechanic. This game is based on reality, I'm not saying we need to base everything on realism but this is just too far. While we're at it, why not implement some thunderbolts?

Edit: I'm not saying a stamina bar needs to be added, but something must definitely be changed or fixed.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 07:31:14 pm by Siboire »

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2011, 08:26:00 pm »
The same thing goes for 1h though... difference is 1h player refuse to play without a shield (god forbid we manual block) and therefor attack slower and complain. If you were to go a stacked AGI build with a spammitar and no shield you could spam ppl into a hole

EDIT: I think the real problem at hand here is everyone uses these retarded cookie cutter builds like OMG YOU HAVE TO HAVE xSTR/xAGI or you will be gimped... when faced with unique builds they go OMFGOMFGOMFGOM NERFNERF UNFAIR...

I personally love fighting as and against extremist builds on either end of the spectrum, mainly because they are the ones that present a real challenge
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 08:36:03 pm by Wallace »

Offline Puerco

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Practicaremos el medievo con su culo.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WARPIGS_Puerco - Jabato - Lechon - Don_Puerco...
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2011, 08:30:39 pm »
No stamina bar. You know when you spammed enough. Invisible to user
No squealing, and remember that it's all in your head!

...y en todas partes dejé memoria amarga de mí.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2011, 08:49:23 pm »
Is there a day when we don't get a stamina bar request? Oh yeah cRPG would be so awesome with stamina, you will hit-block-hit-block for ages in slow motion, oh joy

Who would do that? If people could parry, they would not have to spam.

Spam happens because people have no confidence in their defense skill.

In crpg, you can go ranger and carry a polearm for spam. So you can kill the dedicated 2h/polearms with your ranged shit, and then you can outspam the shielders with your polearm.

I mean, I do understand when people cant manuell block, but run around in heavy armor and spam around a huge polearm and 1 hit kill almost everyone is just ridiculous - its funny that people complained about horse charge, a horse, that could be stopped by a pitch fork and couldnt kill a naked guy at full speed. 

To put it very simple: a "stamina bar" would be appreciated by everyone who would love to see some "skill" in melee combat, obviously, people whos only "skill" is low ping spam hate that idea.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 08:50:47 pm by Michael »

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2011, 09:11:25 pm »
Who would do that? If people could parry, they would not have to spam.

Spam happens because people have no confidence in their defense skill.

In crpg, you can go ranger and carry a polearm for spam. So you can kill the dedicated 2h/polearms with your ranged shit, and then you can outspam the shielders with your polearm.

I mean, I do understand when people cant manuell block, but run around in heavy armor and spam around a huge polearm and 1 hit kill almost everyone is just ridiculous - its funny that people complained about horse charge, a horse, that could be stopped by a pitch fork and couldnt kill a naked guy at full speed. 

To put it very simple: a "stamina bar" would be appreciated by everyone who would love to see some "skill" in melee combat, obviously, people whos only "skill" is low ping spam hate that idea.

Oh, hush troll, most people that ask for a stamina bar just don't know a thing about melee combat. Hell, most people that play cRPG don't know a thing about melee combat, that's why you see so many spammers, because it works on people that are bad at melee combat.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2011, 09:48:22 pm »
I guess I'm not most ppl then. I play dedicated melee. Stamina penalty based on weapon weight would nerf me alot. I'd still like it. I want it so recovering from swings comes slower as stamina drains. That's realistic and would be good for the gameplay.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2011, 10:16:00 pm »
I guess I'm not most ppl then. I play dedicated melee. Stamina penalty based on weapon weight would nerf me alot. I'd still like it. I want it so recovering from swings comes slower as stamina drains. That's realistic and would be good for the gameplay.

+1

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2011, 11:38:48 pm »
Oh, hush troll, most people that ask for a stamina bar just don't know a thing about melee combat. Hell, most people that play cRPG don't know a thing about melee combat, that's why you see so many spammers, because it works on people that are bad at melee combat.

So you admit that it's a problem. Why do you oppose the solution? Maybe you are a spammer yourself? For the umpteenth time, spam is not a problem for good players, the problem is that you can avoid blocking by building a certain character and choosing certain equipment. You will always die against good players, but you will still kill the rest, which is around 70% of the playerbase.

Now if you don't think this is a problem, that's fine. In my eyes, this is a huge problem that can be easily fixed without affecting anyone but those who are causing the problem. Thus, obviously, if you are against a cure without side effects, you must be profiting from the illness. Everyone who is against a stamina system is a spammer at heart. All arguments heard against it so far are laughable at best (it takes away my freedom to decide when to swing, i don't want the game to turn into WoW, stamina system would be impossible to balance, only agi builds would profit, yadda, yadda, yadda).

Face it, you are a spammer.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2011, 11:42:31 pm »
<---- Not a spammer

Completely against it

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2011, 11:47:12 pm »
Thanks for your detailed explanation. Your arguments made me reconsider, and I am now also against a stamina system...not.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Helbrass

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2011, 11:50:53 pm »
Spam vs 2H isn't a problem, if you can't get out of that situation you need to time yourself better.

The place where spam becomes overly effective is against someone using a shield. Because your swings are considerably slower when using a shield, a 2H spammer can simply barrage a shield user with attacks and usually get away with a kill unless they're unlucky or suffer from bad lag.

The reason 2H vs 2H spam can be countered is both players have very nice swing speed. You can block and work your feet to be in a position to attack pretty easily. For a shield user you basically can't move until luck shines on you because the attacks come so quickly they hit before you can put the shield down and swing back.

Some would argue that 2H should be good against shield users, but I disagree. Someone with a shield should be able to push into and overwhelm anyone with any 2H. Picture the scenario in reality, unless the 2H user has a range advantage there should be very few options for fighting back.

But instead we have people bonking shields endlessly with 8ft long swords somehow while they have no space to swing. IMO 2H vs. Shield in Warband is very backwards.