Author Topic: Frederick the Great  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Frederick the Great
« on: June 21, 2015, 09:13:15 pm »
+2
I'm looking for good, well written books about Frederick II the Great, sth in the style of Max Gallo, available as ebooks. I'm especially interested in the period of his life around Seven years war. Any hints?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick the Great
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 11:25:57 pm »
Have a look at this. I was seriously surprised in a positive way that someone might be interested in books about Frederick the Great and ask for them here.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8iAAp09isEMdGtzSEdha1B0WVk/edit

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 01:36:03 am »
+2
u lil shit

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 01:32:26 am »
+1
Have a look at this. I was seriously surprised in a positive way that someone might be interested in books about Frederick the Great and ask for them here.

Now I have to clean my web history my old friendget.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 12:40:23 am »
+3

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 02:31:43 pm »

I actually tried to read it some time ago and even though I have a high tolerance for shitty literature it was just too much for me.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 01:06:23 am »
+1
I actually tried to read it some time ago and even though I have a high tolerance for shitty literature it was just too much for me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/06/29/el-james-twitter-question-and-answer-grey_n_7690988.html dis funneh

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 11:21:26 am »
What do you dislike more, Independent strong woman or the English language? #AskELJames

Steven King asked about the difference between J.K. Rowling and Stephanie Meyer said that the former one knows how to write. If Meyer can not write, then there are no words to describe how shitty writer is James.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 2946
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 11:15:00 pm »
If common people were familiar with fetishes, that book would never become successful. It was a novelty for plain joe and jane. They should turn off parental control and vist place called internet. Better than reading some fatty virgin lame ass fiction.

Actually I can't believe that shit become popular and will go full conspiracy theorist saying how it became popular because someone give their best to make it so. There is no other explanation. Same goes for Twilight, Hunger Games, Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, Jonas Brothers and every other crap that becomes popular in USA year in, year out.

I'm sad to notice, same pattern has started rearing its ugly head on internet. Whole meme mania and sub-manias that came from it are nothing but mind control of weak sheeple who are unable to find something interesting until ten idiots similar to them say it is cool. If it ain't globally accepted by masses, there is no way something can be worthy of your attention, is it?

Internet feels very staged last couple of years, almost like television and other mass media outlets.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 09:26:04 pm »
If common people were familiar with fetishes, that book would never become successful. It was a novelty for plain joe and jane. They should turn off parental control and vist place called internet. Better than reading some fatty virgin lame ass fiction.

Actually I can't believe that shit become popular and will go full conspiracy theorist saying how it became popular because someone give their best to make it so. There is no other explanation. Same goes for Twilight, Hunger Games, Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, Jonas Brothers and every other crap that becomes popular in USA year in, year out.

I'm sad to notice, same pattern has started rearing its ugly head on internet. Whole meme mania and sub-manias that came from it are nothing but mind control of weak sheeple who are unable to find something interesting until ten idiots similar to them say it is cool. If it ain't globally accepted by masses, there is no way something can be worthy of your attention, is it?

Internet feels very staged last couple of years, almost like television and other mass media outlets.

In my old age i can't be much bothered to explore and develop my own taste anymore... I do make an occasional seizuring attempt to reach out beyond what is being served to me on it's own, but it looks more and more like a stranded fish making it's final jumps before giving up.

But as to the internet, 4chin is still able to satisfy my taste. Even such an overhyped, but still very talented band as "The Beatles" knew how good it is! Don't give up Leshma! Listen to this song, and go to /b/.

Ladies and Gentlemen, "Let it /b/" by The Beatles:

Spam at The Temple of Spam