Poll

Do you like donkleaps as an admin?

Yeah, he's doing great.
51 (52%)
He's too harsh with his powers.
47 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Author Topic: Boycott the community servers.  (Read 10676 times)

Offline Varric

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord of the Sun
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangians
Re: Boycott the community servers.
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2011, 02:21:44 am »
The first option, obviously.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2011, 12:00:21 am »
Especially because most cRPG people are not use too or ready for a Donktatorship.
Uhh..our creator is a donkey..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2011, 12:44:15 am »
Who cares! You're all slaves to clans and groups anyway! YOU WILL NEVER KNOW FREEDOM!

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2011, 12:46:34 am »
Meh, I'd rather have a server with harsh admins than lax ones. If there are a few casualties to keep a server dickhead free than so be it.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2011, 12:47:29 am »
i thought you are supposed to boycott things that you have to pay for..
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Donkleaps

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2011, 10:47:47 am »
One thing that people have not taken into account is that the single most difficult aspect of doing admin work on any cRPG server is that EVERTHING is done publicly. Whichever admin has to make a decision at the time is immediately targeted and trolled to no end due to the simple fact there is as of yet no direct function in game t send a message to another player.

Yes you can send a forum message which is the system I have mainly been using but the response time to that is not the most efficient. So this coupled with players always feeling that they are ENTITILED to do whatever they want since they are not paying to play this game is leading us to some interesting experiences. With the influx of new players brought to the game especially through the recent Steam deal we garnered the Community servers will continue to be an area catering to veterans and newcomers alike for everyone to have a good time.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2011, 11:33:02 am »
+4
Well howdy there prospectin' server partna'!

I don' heard ya enjoyed playin' on dem Community Servers? Any truth to dat' dare rumor? Well if there be truth to dat dare rumor you ought to know somethin'!

As long as mean ol' Captain Retardo Ecko doesn't butt his nose in to the point where he completely takes dat dare reigns of administration over - like he used to run dat dare community servers - again, I'm sure ol' [I fucking hate you, whoever put this filter in] donlipsas' will turn out jus' fine! Remember folks, he's stilla learnin' and he's got a good ol' heart, and that there be all that matters, he'll learn, as long as he sticks to his guns, and follows his dere path, oh he'll learn real good.

So give him a break there folks, and have some fun playing cRPG, and stop fucking stirring up public dramatic bullshit like this where it can easily be avoided and handled internally.. dare.

This is ol' Zealot the server prospecta' tellin yah to shut the fuck up, and play the game.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:34:51 am by Classical »

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2011, 12:08:08 pm »
You have way too much time on your hands zealot. Thats probably the funniest post you've made in a while.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2011, 02:21:53 pm »
I support Donk as head admin!

(click to show/hide)

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Quallen

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kill Cult
  • Game nicks: KC_Quallen
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2011, 07:55:14 pm »
I'll say this for the Community servers, at least they are consistent(ly laggy.) On the official servers you're left wondering if the admin is actually going to do something or instead going to tell you to shutup.  There is something to be said for knowing that the rules are enforced as advertised.

I am now also boycotting the community servers, after trying to attack the door i accidentally killed the horse blocking the door. The player came back and tried to tk me but someone else tked him. then i was kicked from the server without warning. I rejoined and to figure out why and was banned before I could say anything. Admin was GK_Lorden. You won't be seeing me on the community servers anymore

DL_Steady

Considering that I've seen you hiding behind spawn in tents on siege before I'd say you not playing on the Community servers is the expected outcome.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2011, 03:42:31 am »
Well howdy there prospectin' server partna'!

I don' heard ya enjoyed playin' on dem Community Servers? Any truth to dat' dare rumor? Well if there b

So give him a break there folks, and have some fun playing cRPG, and stop fucking stirring up public dramatic bullshit like this where it can easily be avoided and handled internally.. dare.

I've never had 100 % control. Never do I touch the server files nor is the server in my name. I agree about the drama though.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:02:04 am by Ecko »

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2011, 06:49:01 am »
+1
I'll say this for the Community servers, at least they are consistent(ly laggy.) On the official servers you're left wondering if the admin is actually going to do something or instead going to tell you to shutup.  There is something to be said for knowing that the rules are enforced as advertised.

Considering that I've seen you hiding behind spawn in tents on siege before I'd say you not playing on the Community servers is the expected outcome.

Odd, even before I was an admin on the official servers, if there was an admin on, they enforced the rules. They may not have been as quick to kick or ban someone, but they definitely were not acting the way you just described them
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2011, 06:56:29 am »
I'll say this for the Community servers, at least they are consistent(ly laggy.) On the official servers you're left wondering if the admin is actually going to do something or instead going to tell you to shutup. 

If an admin on the official servers tells you to shut up, you did something stupid and are toing a kick or a mute.

I have no idea why you are encountering this problem on the official servers, but I highly recommend that you change whatever you are doing behavior wise if admin are telling you such things, though this is rather puzzling as I don't remember your name coming up as a problem child...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2011, 08:36:39 am »
New reason to boycott community siege: they turned off banner balance due to whiners.  no reason to play there anymore. cya later

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2011, 09:02:20 am »
Cool I hate banner balance!

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.